3 realistic choices as manager, Who?

3 Realistic choices as manager, but who?   

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice?

• Paul Scholes
    • Pete Wild
    • John Askey

25 minutes ago, singe said:

Ha! 

What will be no surprise if it all goes Pete Tong, plenty will be saying they said it shouldn't be appointed in the first place! 

Whilst other certain poster are having a go at people for not getting behind appointing an assistant manager to a manager we haven’t even appointed.

I’ve gone with Scholes. 

In the distant past I’d have been excited at the prospect. But as things are now I’m not enthusiastic about who gets it as I fully expect them to be gone within six months anyway. In Scholes’ case possibly sooner. 

Wild’s a top bloke but I wouldn’t want him to get it for his sake. His day for a big job will come. Possibly elsewhere. 

I don’t know much about Askey. 

So at the very least with Scholes we’ll have a more interesting second half of the season. 

I predict that sooner rather than later he’ll leave. Pete will step in again as caretaker. Our owner will admit mistakes were made. Some will hope or presume he’ll learn from  them but he won’t. League two pergatory becomes the new League one pergatory. We have a bit of FA Cup success in five years time. And continue to sign players whose names I struggle to pronounce. 

And “slowly slowly” will continue to be the new “keep the faith”.

I’ll still always love Latics though. I’ve been resigned to that for decades now!

Edited by Nohairdontcare

5 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I’ve gone with Scholes. 

In the distant past I’d have been excited at the prospect. But as things are now I’m not enthusiastic about who gets it as I fully expect them to be gone within six months anyway. In Scholes’ case possibly sooner. 

Wild’s a top bloke but I wouldn’t want him to get it for his sake. His day for a big job will come. Possibly elsewhere. 

I don’t know much about Askey. 

So at the very least with Scholes we’ll have a more interesting second half of the season. 

I predict that sooner rather than later he’ll leave. Pete will step in again as caretaker. Our owner will admit mistakes were made. Some will hope or presume he’ll learn from  them but he won’t. League two pergatory becomes the new League one pergatory. We have a bit of FA Cup success in five years time. And continue to sign players whose names I struggle to pronounce. 

And “slowly slowly” will continue to be the new “keep the faith”.

I’ll still always love Latics though. I’ve been resigned to that for decades now!

A very downbeat but probably accurate assessment.