#ReclaimTheFaith

21 hours ago, disjointed said:

Brilliant effort, well done to all who bought and a special thanks to the PTB team for organising this, time to start designing the next badge eh. 

Thank you for your support. 

Haha suggestions for new badges are always welcome! 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, tGWB said:

You lads are our candle in the dark 

Why is every single thing to do with our club such f>#kin hard work 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for sticking at it 💙

Thanks for your support. We will always do what we can to get straight forward answers for fans. 👍

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Well done again to PTB. If only they didn't have to push so hard to get the information. It's a football club, but bloody MI5 they're dealing with.

Agreed, I get commercial sensitivities but the club did agree to more open-ness and transparency in May 2019.

With the PTB team and I hope the Trust with its shareholding and Memorandum of understanding with the club .....keep pressing on for accountability.

Both at least, are not alone as they have the support from an outside organisation like the FSA.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:18 PM, underdog said:

Don"t think there are many Trust people still in situ anymore. Must be close to minimum numbers to run it.

Got a feeling Trust rep is back in the comms seat. He likes twitter so you might want to twitter the Trust as well as him personally

I have had no response to missing meeting notes.

Good luck 

What’s his name? 

If the rumours are true that Partington, Chuckle and Halliwell will soon form the Trust then that’s the final straw.

10 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

What’s his name? 

If the rumours are true that Partington, Chuckle and Halliwell will soon form the Trust then that’s the final straw.

i don't want to hijack this thread as it is for PTB.

So I will comment quickly.  Please feel free to message me or stick some questions on another thread. PLease bear in mind I resigned in February so  what I post now i# aremy comments as a fan and not representative of any supporter organisation - thanks

The Trust rep is Darren Ratcliffe, there is a comms director but I have noted of late that stuff/messages are being posted by Darren. So I will presume Darren is doing a dual role.

With regards to the names/candidates you have mentioned, well the Trust did state yesterday they would be announcing a new director. Again, I will presume this will be done after Trust meeting next week as there has to be vote. What I will say is that it is unusual for a volunteer to go in immediatley as a Director of the Trust. Usually, there is a probationary period as a co-optee, just so both parties are happy before all the necesary paper work is completed at Companies house.....unless it is extraordinary circumstances. I have a feeling it is as they must be close to minimum numbers needed to continue. Ideally 12, min 4 currently reg at CH 6 with one to come off as per May meeting notes with poss Comms now vacant too....so it could be extraordinary circumstances.

My phone has been pinging on and off yesterday with who the or these candidates are and what I know.....or don't know now hahah

Hope this helps

It has now been confirmed that the 2019/20 League Two season has been concluded. #oafc finished 19th, Swindon Town Football Club (champions), Crewe Alexandra Football Club & Plymouth Argyle Football Club are promoted. Relegation is yet to be decided.

The season is now officially over resulting in our lowest finish since 1969/70. We have received requests from supporters regarding ST transfers, refunds etc. The club has promised to release the details by the end of the week and we will keep an eye on this situation #oafc

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

A well written response. However the response confirms that, sadly, the Trust is in an invidious position and has little freedom or influence when dealing with the club. 

A fair point though about the setting  of deadlines. 

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

A well written response. However the response confirms that, sadly, the Trust is in an invidious position and has little freedom or influence when dealing with the club. 

The deadlines is a point which we have stuck by and feel works to get points answered in a reasonable timeframe rather than letting things drag on. In the constant changing field which is football it’s essential points are raised at the earliest opportunity. 

54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think there is an acceptance that they have spent too much time getting bogged down in club politics and they may start to row back from that and get back to what it was originally set up for.

Following recent changes by Trust Oldham we have opted to carry out a survey to assess their performance to help with the trusts request for supporters to model their future. All results will be fed back to the trust. Please click the link to read our statement and complete the survey #oafc

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/trust-survey-12-06-2020

As always any suggestions, ideas or concerns please contact us! 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Noble though this fundraising is, can I ask how it's advancing the efforts to get AL out of our club?

You invite him to run with you, but don't tell him when to stop. "Keep going, AL, I'll catch you up later".

34 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Noble though this fundraising is, can I ask how it's advancing the efforts to get AL out of our club?

Fundraising is throughout the year as stated originally and is alongside our basic functions to ask the questions that need asking of the club. Obviously Covid has slowed down progress but we will ensure efforts are doubled now a ‘normality’ as such starts to return. As always any Ideas or suggestions are welcome 👍

5 hours ago, adamoafc said:

ouch.....and not unexpected. I wanted to get stuff like surveys done before I left the Trust but never got around to it.

You should never be afraid to do stuff like this even when negative, as it can help you analyse and make changes to do things better.

There is lots of good stuff the Trust has done,  but again the downfall is that the Trust don;t actively sing form the roof tops when they have, or be screaming out when they are not happy either....like 10 months of arm wrestling with the club to get the accounts for 2017/18 up to a certain level, never mind going raising the profile of the Trust as a shareholder of the club, and our relationship

I need to take this on the chin too, as several times I had to step in to chair meeting during the last 12 months, so maybe a lack of consistent, pro-active leader has been part of the crisis it is currently in.

Thanks for doing this PTB

Hoping the Trust will take the feedback on board 

Archived