a national profile, and the area

around the current stadium is in

several places an eyesore and a mess.

On balance it is clear that the

gains from the development outweigh

the losses and the planning

committee made the right decision,

albeit at the second attempt.

The residents need to learn that working with the club is a better way forward than fighting us!!

This land will be redeveloped....if they work with the club they can have an input...keep working against the club and they could find themselves out in the cold!!!

I really do find it hard to understand why the are SO against it!!

oh-i heard no cheers-just a outbusrt of applause.

Residents reading the rarely wrong Chron will get the impression that there was cheering as though a goal had been scored, whereas there was polite, controlled applause.

The general public will also believe that the 'covenant issue' has not been resolved. The Club should nail this once and for all and then get on with consulting the residents on the details of the development. I've emailed Alan Hardy to that effect.

All but

one — Keith Pendlebury — of the

councillors who caused such a furore

by rejecting the first planning application,

changed their minds last

night and voted instead to accept

the development proposals.

The Chron, as everyone knows, is rarely wrong. But I think I spotted what it's "editor" might consider to be a significant error. Last time, the committee voted, as I recall, 7-4, therefore it is not the case that "all but...one" changed their minds.

I'm happy at the result, and that Mr. and Mrs. Anchor are front page news (look out Jordan and Peter), but the Chron needs a shake up. I'm sure that the reporters and staff of the paper would join me in asking the question: what does the "editor" do all day? :grin:

Residents reading the rarely wrong Chron will get the impression that there was cheering as though a goal had been scored, whereas there was polite, controlled applause.

The general public will also believe that the 'covenant issue' has not been resolved. The Club should nail this once and for all and then get on with consulting the residents on the details of the development. I've emailed Alan Hardy to that effect.

By "consulting", I hope you mean "telling them what's what". TTA's priorities should be as follows: first, phone the wrecking-ball people when the sun comes up; secondly, go to Millwall (it's not, when all's said and done, all glamour); and, six-hundred-and-forty-fifthly, dry the residents' eyes. They don't deserve to be consulted. I think everyone knows what they would say if consulted but, after last night, no one is compelled to hear or think about it.

The Chron, as everyone knows, is rarely wrong. But I think I spotted what it's "editor" might consider to be a significant error. Last time, the committee voted, as I recall, 7-4, therefore it is not the case that "all but...one" changed their minds.

It means that all but one of the four Councillors, who caused such a furore last time, changed their mind.

It is still inaccurate in that it does not tell the full story, because one councillor was voting for the first time - he was there as a substitute for Cllr Dawson.

While I'm criticising the rarely wrong Chron, in Tuesday's edition the front page headline was "D Day In Latics Stadium Battle" (missing apostrophe) and then underneath the banner headline was a ManUre badge in full colour - how insensitive can the Editor get??? :angry:

It means that all but one of the four Councillors, who caused such a furore last time, changed their mind.

It is still inaccurate in that it does not tell the full story, because one councillor was voting for the first time - he was there as a substitute for Cllr Dawson.

While I'm criticising the rarely wrong Chron, in Tuesday's edition the front page headline was "D Day In Latics Stadium Battle" (missing apostrophe) and then underneath the banner headline was a ManUre badge in full colour - how insensitive can the Editor get??? :angry:

"editor"

By "consulting", I hope you mean "telling them what's what". TTA's priorities should be as follows: first, phone the wrecking-ball people when the sun comes up; secondly, go to Millwall (it's not, when all's said and done, all glamour); and, six-hundred-and-forty-fifthly, dry the residents' eyes. They don't deserve to be consulted. I think everyone knows what they would say if consulted but, after last night, no one is compelled to hear or think about it.

I think you've been involved in the confrontational game at the House of Fun for too long! :wink:

They picked the fight, and they lost. No consultation. High rises filled with the worst people ever and their "families" and a space launcher for "Carlton Way". Where's my placard?

There's still the small matter of getting detailed planning permission. All your talk is not doing the Club's image much good as a considerate neighbour of residents who are still able to influence the final development. Watch out for the rarely wrong Chron mentioning message board abuse of residents.

TTA have made it clear with a "100% pledge" that "consulting" does not mean telling the residents what's what. The Planning Committee is still compelled to listen and think about what the residents say at the detailed stage.

We need to avoid jeopardising the position of TTA by upsetting the residents and/or the councillors.

The sooner the Club makes a statement about the covenant issue the better, because at the moment there is a perception that the plans could still be scuppered.

The sooner the Club makes a statement about the covenant issue the better, because at the moment there is a perception that the plans could still be scuppered.

We still have a fight on are hands no doubt. But they need to come up with proper reasons now. The amount of apartments, traffice issues and scale of the project can not be seriously brought back up now. The cvenant issue seems to be the biggest issue going forward.

There's still the small matter of getting detailed planning permission. All your talk is not doing the Club's image much good as a considerate neighbour of residents who are still able to influence the final development. Watch out for the rarely wrong Chron mentioning message board abuse of residents.

TTA have made it clear with a "100% pledge" that "consulting" does not mean telling the residents what's what. The Planning Committee is still compelled to listen and think about what the residents say at the detailed stage.

We need to avoid jeopardising the position of TTA by upsetting the residents and/or the councillors.

Point taken. I yield to no one in my admiration of the magnanimous, but I'm not the club (and neither is the message board), so how much harm can a little light gloating do?