• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after this next consultation the plans will be 'further developed' to take into account the fans views, ready to be presented, in full I presume for hopefully 25th Feb 2010.

So some sort of plans exist now? is that correct?

I wonder if these will be on show during the consultation.

Just to prove Derek's not the only cynic among us, I definitely recall someone suggested yesterday that if an announcement of any sort now appeared before the end of January one could be forgiven for thinking it might be a hurriedly arranged result of Barry's PR exercise...

So, who's going to attend the full five hours to independently ensure that no concerns raised by drop-in fans are "lost"?

Looks like they're a month behind on showing us the plans but at least there's a date we should expect plans to be shown. I think there will be some sort of plans to view but I doubt they'll be final plans.

It'll be more like what we want from the stadium and the site and they can see if it can be incorporated into the final plans.

Just to prove Derek's not the only cynic among us, I definitely recall someone suggested yesterday that if an announcement of any sort now appeared before the end of January one could be forgiven for thinking it might be a hurriedly arranged result of Barry's PR exercise...

.... If there is a sudden show and tell with little warning I will put it down to the last 24 hours to be frank...

So if the draft plan materialises by the end of January, it will simply be down to all the angst caused by Barry, rather than sticking to the anticipated schedule?

0000 was right all along - 4th Feb is not January! :blink:

Looks like they're a month behind on showing us the plans but at least there's a date we should expect plans to be shown. I think there will be some sort of plans to view but I doubt they'll be final plans.

It'll be more like what we want from the stadium and the site and they can see if it can be incorporated into the final plans.

The OS previously set out the consultation process:

Phase One: Key stakeholder consultation including speaking with:

Oldham council and Council Officers;

Members of Parliament;

OAFC Supporters (the second Forum and survey of fans at BP) and Community Trust;

Residents, Sports Clubs and Community Groups;

Commercial partners;

Statutory consultees.

Phase Two: Widespread public consultation on a preliminary plan.

Phase Three: Detailed consultation on master plan proposal,

Phase Four: Submission of planning application.

So Phase Two commences on 4th Feb and it looks as though Phase Three may commence on 25th Feb.

All this consultation is likely to delay the start of the development, but better that than not doing the job thoroughly.

The cynic in me would suggest that this has come about after the last few days of 'discussions' on here.

Derek.

edit: 3pm start - brilliant planning 'Tics. What a bunch of cowboys!

Me too. In fact some "former OWTB members" predicted it...

The OS previously set out the consultation process:

Phase One: Key stakeholder consultation including speaking with:

Oldham council and Council Officers;

Members of Parliament;

OAFC Supporters (the second Forum and survey of fans at BP) and Community Trust;

Residents, Sports Clubs and Community Groups;

Commercial partners;

Statutory consultees.

Phase Two: Widespread public consultation on a preliminary plan.

Phase Three: Detailed consultation on master plan proposal,

Phase Four: Submission of planning application.

So Phase Two commences on 4th Feb and it looks as though Phase Three may commence on 25th Feb.

All this consultation is likely to delay the start of the development, but better that than not doing the job thoroughly.

Barring any major problems I would expect Phase Four to start not long after the plans have been shown.