After having a conversation with Beardy he sold me a sponsorship for Ryan Brooke....well done Beardy! However when the invoice was sent to me through the post it had the wrong address on, I corrected the address and took it back to the shop to be resent with the correct address on.....I'm still waiting.

I have had a call from Gordon who asked me how I wanted to pay and I said that I would come to the shop and pay once the invoice had been sent to the correct address. I'm sure you can all understand why I wont pay until everything is right. I am still waiting for the invoice to come through!!!

All this happened at the start of close season, we are now nearly in the new season, sorry to have to say this guys but the commercial team really do need to rethink on how they do things, this isn't a good way to do business in the current climate.

DO WE HAVE A MARKETING TEAM?? :unsure::huh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having a conversation with Beardy he sold me a sponsorship for Ryan Brooke....well done Beardy! However when the invoice was sent to me through the post it had the wrong address on, I corrected the address and took it back to the shop to be resent with the correct address on.....I'm still waiting.

I have had a call from Gordon who asked me how I wanted to pay and I said that I would come to the shop and pay once the invoice had been sent to the correct address. I'm sure you can all understand why I wont pay until everything is right. I am still waiting for the invoice to come through!!!

All this happened at the start of close season, we are now nearly in the new season, sorry to have to say this guys but the commercial team really do need to rethink on how they do things, this isn't a good way to do business in the current climate.

You identify why Latics as a business are turd :) Back office always seems to be something from the 1960s.... This is never more evident when dealing with a truly modern and flexible ticket office :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Simple answer no! A question that needs to be asked of the TTA is that why are they throwing good money after bad but at the same time running the club into the ground in a commercial sense??? I hope someone has the balls to ask this before it is too late.

Edited by oafcprozac

Development.....................after emailing AH I received a reply within 30 mins, the invoice was put in the post last night (thursday) and should be on your doorstep today, returning from work I picked the post up, noticed a standard white envelope, opened it up, took out what was inside, it was the invoice with a little strip of paper over the address to correct it and rewritten by hand next to the printed address. TBPH I'm not satisfied with the customer service, I expected at least a compliment slip and a club envelope, and an apology to say that it was their mistake instead of blaming Beardy, not that I expected anything different. :disappointed:

Development.....................after emailing AH I received a reply within 30 mins, the invoice was put in the post last night (thursday) and should be on your doorstep today, returning from work I picked the post up, noticed a standard white envelope, opened it up, took out what was inside, it was the invoice with a little strip of paper over the address to correct it and rewritten by hand next to the printed address. TBPH I'm not satisfied with the customer service, I expected at least a compliment slip and a club envelope, and an apology to say that it was their mistake instead of blaming Beardy, not that I expected anything different. :disappointed:

I understand wanting the invoice correct, but I think compliment slip nad club envelope is a step to far.

There is a Credit crunch on you know.

Imagine the outcry if it were realised you could pay for 3 or 4 players with all the headed paper, complipent slips and club emvelopes used for circumstances such as yours.

I understand wanting the invoice correct, but I think compliment slip nad club envelope is a step to far.

Imagine the outcry if it were realised you could pay for 3 or 4 players with all the headed paper, complipent slips and club emvelopes used for circumstances such as yours.

Should have got it right 1st time then shouldn't they!!! btw they do have club headed paper so why the need for 2 types of paper if there is a credit crunch, and why the f*** should I have to chase them up after 2 f****** months!!!!

Should have got it right 1st time then shouldn't they!!! btw they do have club headed paper so why the need for 2 types of paper if there is a credit crunch, and why the f*** should I have to chase them up after 2 f****** months!!!!

So are you tangerine dreams or underdog?

Of course, as I said, you should get the correct invoice, don't have a problem with frustration over that.

As I said,It's the compliment slip and club envelope I think is a step too far.

Have you considred anger management courses?

Of course, as I said, you should get the correct invoice, don't have a problem with frustration over that.

It's those little details again that let the club down.

I know you are taking the p**s out of the comp slip and envelope, but these little details are the public image of the club and should be adhered to at all times.

It shows they care.

Nobody likes a cheapskate. :wink:

I'm told that you can't buy a Chaddy The Owl now in the club shop and am hearing endless stories of punters being refused shirts having names printed on because the staff hasn't been there to do it. Theres a small selection of many, many commercial things that aren't right at the club and hasn't been for years. Although I have my differences over SJ, when he went he needed replacing. Never has been and the commercial side of the club is a joke...but hey, we'll all move to a new stadium and it'll all be alright...supposedly!!! It'd be very cyncial and unsupporting of me, supposedly, to suggest we'll recreate the same commerical rubbish on a grander scale 4 miles away!!! Worried? Youfookingbet!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm told that you can't buy a Chaddy The Owl now in the club shop and am hearing endless stories of punters being refused shirts having names printed on because the staff hasn't been there to do it. Theres a small selection of many, many commercial things that aren't right at the club and hasn't been for years. Although I have my differences over SJ, when he went he needed replacing. Never has been and the commercial side of the club is a joke...but hey, we'll all move to a new stadium and it'll all be alright...supposedly!!! It'd be very cyncial and unsupporting of me, supposedly, to suggest we'll recreate the same commerical rubbish on a grander scale 4 miles away!!! Worried? Youfookingbet!!!

last season i wasn't allowed to have windass 5 on my away shirt (although it turned out to be a good thing :grin: ) because they was no one there to do it, i do feel at the time it was a bit unprofessional even though it wasn't the biggest deal and i didn't lose any sleep on it.

i think the club has gone down hill commerically wise a lot since sean jarvis left, when he was here the marketing and commerical department was very approachable and went out of there way to help the fans. now it seems the club don't really care about the fans and although i am sure thats not the case it doesn't help when your trying to get younger fans to support the club.

Interstingly, I emailed the club requesting this and they are not expecting any Chaddy's in until November. I wrote back saying that it was my sons birthday in December so wit willl be a Christmas present. I ahve to confess I did not say I was disappointed, the timing now would hav been perfect as my son ( who is 2 )is just recognising Chaddy ont he telly. (Unfortaintely also that dragon that gets too much air time!)

I posted on my partners name by mistake, I've had a good weekend ta.

The club can post on club letter headed paper when they deem appropiate, I have heard that this is done for banning orders.......so why use club letter headed paper for the people who they don't want at the club but for those who have put in over a grand this season plain white, not making an issue out of it, just poor standards.

Singe, do you actually know me or are you judging me from what i posted last night??? either way I don't know you and you couldn't be any further from the truth if you were carried away by a strong wind.

I'd chuck your line out a bit further mate if you want the big fry, youre wasting your time trying to reel me in :wink:

The club can post on club letter headed paper when they deem appropiate, I have heard that this is done for banning orders.......so why use club letter headed paper for the people who they don't want at the club but for those who have put in over a grand this season plain white, not making an issue out of it, just poor standards.

Singe, do you actually know me or are you judging me from what i posted last night??? either way I don't know you and you couldn't be any further from the truth if you were carried away by a strong wind.

The comp slip and headed paper issue is a valid point. Any club correspondance should go out on headed paper, it's professional. As for it costing a couple of players, that's total rubbish. I used to order ours through a design company and it came to hundreds as opposed to thousands.

I don;t know you, but having said that I thought I was a little curt than normal because you seemed to have come out of nowhere with quite a strong reaction and why the f*** should I have to chase them up after 2 f****** months to my post. Which I took a little too personally and just judged it from the time of posting to be honest

But having thought about it, I realised today I might sort of know who you are. But I have never met you. you've changed your usernames not so long ago (nothing wrong with that by the way!)

The comp slip and headed paper issue is a valid point. Any club correspondance should go out on headed paper, it's professional. As for it costing a couple of players, that's total rubbish. I used to order ours through a design company and it came to hundreds as opposed to thousands.

Like I said I think Singe was looking for something to reel in, I know it is a valid point and so do those who look at it from a professional angle, some people musn't mind settling for second best. :wink:

I don;t know you, but having said that I thought I was a little curt than normal because you seemed to have come out of nowhere with quite a strong reaction and why the f*** should I have to chase them up after 2 f****** months to my post. Which I took a little too personally and just judged it from the time of posting to be honest

But having thought about it, I realised today I might sort of know who you are. But I have never met you. you've changed your usernames not so long ago (nothing wrong with that by the way!)

Ok fair comment. I was a little incensed at the way the invoice had been corrected and reposted, if you were running a business..( I don't know whether you do)...but is this the way you would respond to a customer.......not query/ complaint, just pointing out a mistake, I certainly wouldn't.

Like I said I think Singe was looking for something to reel in, I know it is a valid point and so do those who look at it from a professional angle, some people musn't mind settling for second best. :wink:

I wasn't looking for something to reel it, I just thought you got very angry about something relatively small, and understandable cost saving.

Well, maybe if you pushed me I'd agree that the OAFc stamped envelope should be the minimum, but I still think the compliment slip can go to save money.

I do understand the frustrations with the invoice though.

I suppose that is what I mean, hoping you would focus the frustration on the big things rather than the little ones.

Not aiming for any battle with you about it, I can only admire salute you for putting money into the clubs coffers.

I wasn't looking for something to reel it, I just thought you got very angry about something relatively small, and understandable cost saving.

Well, maybe if you pushed me I'd agree that the OAFc stamped envelope should be the minimum, but I still think the compliment slip can go to save money.

I do understand the frustrations with the invoice though.

I suppose that is what I mean, hoping you would focus the frustration on the big things rather than the little ones.

Not aiming for any battle with you about it, I can only admire salute you for putting money into the clubs coffers.

For me the OAFC envelope was a minimum, It was the least I expected, a compliment slip is what it says, not exactly breaking the bank when ordering in bulk though are they, standard practice at alot companies. Had it have come in an official envelope I wouldn't have posted the topic, but not to worry I'm not losing any sleep over it.