There goes any chance of promotion...

Shez is going to have his work cut out finding a decent central midfielder... Our current players wont be enough I feel, we are going to miss KK qauility... Shez knows this, KK was brought in to replace the massive lost to us which was Wellens... I hope he has something up his sleave but its going to be hard... can see a loan signing from another prem team... Maybe time for the chelsea deal to pay us back for that young lad we sent there way ??

If we dont get a decent loan signing we will be looking to write this season off and look to the summer to shuffle the pack I feel....

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shez is going to have his work cut out finding a decent central midfielder... Our current players wont be enough I feel, we are going to miss KK qauility... Shez knows this, KK was brought in to replace the massive lost to us which was Wellens... I hope he has something up his sleave but its going to be hard... can see a loan signing from another prem team... Maybe time for the chelsea deal to pay us back for that young lad we sent there way ??

If we dont get a decent loan signing we will be looking to write this season off and look to the summer to shuffle the pack I feel....

I dont want to bring up an old arguement, but I still think that the number one priority is still either a striker or a right winger (if Taylor is not going to play there... left if so...). With Hughesy in the team, and the addition of another striker (therefore moving Davies to the wing) or a winger with Hughesy and davies up front - we should have enough in the team to cause anyone problems, even with just a solid central midfield - and Macca and Allott are more than adequate...

Gonna bring up the Blackpool model again - 2 good strikers, pace and skill on the wings, and a solid central midfield..... as is said it is so hard at this level to replace a central mid of KK's quality, so I wouldnt bother.... for me another striker and a winger are still the massive priorities....

Over to you shez...

Pass the prozac please. I think the term 'kneejerk' springs to mind. ^_^

Oh come one...im not into Kneejerk reactions... that been my opinion for months....Kilkenny was essiential to success this year...

The plus side is we defo have money avilable to bring someone in...but a hard question is who is avialable and do they want to come ??? January is not a good time to pick up real talent...

KK is not the only player oh his type, age and availability in the Premiership. No one knew of him before he came here... it's fair to assume there are other players who could do the same. Not many, not cheap, but they're there.

Pass the prozac please. I think the term 'kneejerk' springs to mind. ^_^

Someone call?? TBH promotion has all but gone imo. Even with KK the home form will hinder us all season until Shez comes up with Plan 'B' to break teams down such as Forest and Luton that came for a draw. Unless we strengthen markedly i'm more worried about the 8 point gap below us. Don't get me wrong we could sneak into the play offs but it'd take one helluva run and despite only 2 defeats in 15, the amount of draws we have failed to turn into wins has cost us.

I dont want to bring up an old arguement, but I still think that the number one priority is still either a striker or a right winger (if Taylor is not going to play there... left if so...). With Hughesy in the team, and the addition of another striker (therefore moving Davies to the wing) or a winger with Hughesy and davies up front - we should have enough in the team to cause anyone problems, even with just a solid central midfield - and Macca and Allott are more than adequate...

Gonna bring up the Blackpool model again - 2 good strikers, pace and skill on the wings, and a solid central midfield..... as is said it is so hard at this level to replace a central mid of KK's quality, so I wouldnt bother.... for me another striker and a winger are still the massive priorities....

Over to you shez...

Well we could "paper over the cracks" some what and invest into decent wide players but I do feel are midfield is poor now....

That said, we are not creating nothing on the wings which is hurting us...

Well we could "paper over the cracks" some what and invest into decent wide players but I do feel are midfield is poor now....

Oh I more than agree mate.... however its horses for courses, we need to look where we can bring in quality an play to our strengths. all i'm saying if we cant bring in quality in the centre then we have to look at other options.... hardly any team in this division has a perfect team... they wouldnt be in the division if they had.... The only team in this division whom I think has genuine quality in the centre of the park is Donny.... Leeds, Forest, Swansea - all rely on pacey/skillful wingers and good strikers.... with players such as Bodde and McGuigan who just fight it out in the centre....

Asthe lashers prove last season it works.... and if you cant beat em join em - for me this was always our game plan at the start of the season when we signed Allott and JPK, the availability of KK changed this, and it took us 10 games until we started playing with him in the team after the preseason...

I think it is a big test for shez and his assumed dactical naiivity, but without KK I think it is back to plan A... and another winger and striker are needed....

Someone call?? TBH promotion has all but gone imo. Even with KK the home form will hinder us all season until Shez comes up with Plan 'B' to break teams down such as Forest and Luton that came for a draw. Unless we strengthen markedly i'm more worried about the 8 point gap below us. Don't get me wrong we could sneak into the play offs but it'd take one helluva run and despite only 2 defeats in 15, the amount of draws we have failed to turn into wins has cost us.

This would be the Plan B that the Premiership class Kilkenny never came up with right ? Yard dogs and crosses from the wings is the answer

Asthe lashers prove last season it works.... and if you cant beat em join em - for me this was always our game plan at the start of the season when we signed Allott and JPK, the availability of KK changed this, and it took us 10 games until we started playing with him in the team after the preseason...

Exactly. We changed our formation and tactics to fit NK at the start of the season. And look at the start we had.

This would be the Plan B that the Premiership class Kilkenny never came up with right ? Yard dogs and crosses from the wings is the answer

Said it all season mate. Not rocket science is it? Our glory years between 89-91 were achived by winning the ball, spreading it wide and putting good quality EARLY balls into the box for quality strikers. Watch the vids, we hardly ever scored goals by trying to play through the middle. That only came later when Joe sold Tricky Ricky to City, and then we went th elong ball route with one up front.

KK will be missed but there are plenty more good players both at the club and "out there". Personally, I will take the planning approval any day over and above any success this year.

Look at Walsall.. they brought their kids in and haven't they done well? Stick Taylor in midfield.

I'd take a winger over a CM at the moment. He might not have been playing at his best but we still lack an outlet without Liddell, no KK or Taylor merely adds to the problem. Smalley has a part to play but isn't a first choice option from a decent full squad at the moment.

to be honest i dont think we would have gone up this season, with leeds . forest and swansea looking to be the big 3, we would be squeezed out. lets build for next season with some long term signings this time.

to be honest i dont think we would have gone up this season, with leeds . forest and swansea looking to be the big 3, we would be squeezed out. lets build for next season with some long term signings this time.

I think you are right there - Im not being as dismissive about this season... but you have to say that without those three, the league looks very mediocre, cant say the likes of Scunny and Colchester coming down will worry us in the slightest next season..... if we dont go up, you have to say from a promotion next season point of view you would love to see those three go away....

You know what, I'm not even worried about not making a play off spot. There's only 6 points between us and those places and as it's been said, if Shez brings in the right faces, we can do it.

And I could just be being naive or slightly over-optimistic here but only a really stupid, foolish manager would place a bid for KK and not look at any other options in the hope that we would get him, so I don't doubt for a second that Shez has something lined up.

I mean think about it, we're merely fans and even people on here have lined up a couple of replacements ala Cywka and whoever else, so I just don't see the point in worrying about the whole KK thing.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, we'll be reet :) KTF

Ha ha - Brilliant!

Think that is all that needs to be said - In shez we trust... lets have a good day out tomorrow and let shez do his job next week... hopefully we will have some new faces by Brighton....

B)

You know what, I'm not even worried about not making a play off spot. There's only 6 points between us and those places and as it's been said, if Shez brings in the right faces, we can do it.

And I could just be being naive or slightly over-optimistic here but only a really stupid, foolish manager would place a bid for KK and not look at any other options in the hope that we would get him, so I don't doubt for a second that Shez has something lined up.

I mean think about it, we're merely fans and even people on here have lined up a couple of replacements ala Cywka and whoever else, so I just don't see the point in worrying about the whole KK thing.

Everyone else just feel a sudden sense of Zen-like calmness and wellbeing flood over them? :)

Lets face it, we weren't going up this season anyway, with the squad turnover we are back to year one of a two year plan (I think you may remember saying something similar if you are reading this Ross :) )

Plus with the staduim development it might be better long term to not go up for another couple of seasons anyway, get the building work out of the way, not have to worry about cramming some of the big away attendees in to a total of 2 or 3 stands.

Time to tread water but move in the right direction and let Shez build a team, from the youth to the first team, all playing the same way and all pulling in the same direction to achieve the goal of becoming established in the Championship. Lets face it, there are 70 odd other clubs in the leagues that are all trying to do the same. Some are going hell for leather to just get in there which could cost them in the long run.

Most of us have followed Latics for long enough to appreciate the rough with the rough, I for one want to lay the foundations for a smooth future.

Hmmmm....as bad as it was on August the 4th 2007? Shez leads us into this. Stupid mistake IMO. £20,000 more as bonus to Wellens (all he wanted in the handshake to sign) in the summer and we'dve been laughing this season...probably have seen a few more home wins to. Instead, on Season Eve KK came and we're where we are now. And to suggest you'd happily throw £120k at him is laughable. Could buy 3 players for that. Not ideal that KK's gone, if just for bodies and the odd decent game he had but as it is Shez has to stand up and be counted now.