Neil Trotman

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile

>>Plymouth and Hull City<<

Plymouth Argyle have been linked with Oldham Athletic defender Neil Trotman.

The £500,000 rated imposing centre-back has been attracting a lot of interest with Hull City and Argyle keeping tabs on the 6-foot 2-inch tall defender.

Trotman, 20, was released by Burnley in 2006 and was quickly snapped up by Oldham and sent out to Halifax Town for a 3-month loan spell.

Trotman has now settled into a first-team place at Boundary Park, making 19 appearances this season for the League One side but has picked up 7 yellow cards and 1 red card.

Pilgrims' boss Paul Sturrock has had the highly-rated defender watched and could swoop to sign Trotman during the January transfer window.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your defence was lacking in size and strength, Trotman could walk straight in and sort it out for you. Given his age and potential I think £500k is well within the bounds of possibility. Imagine if he'd played Everton and had a stormer how much we'd be talking about?

The £500,000 rated....

Does anyone every think were the news papers get these values from....

I like Trotman but im not convinced he is worth 500k..... If we get offered that I would bite there hands off....

With his age and class he has shown i think 500k would be a good deal for any team!!

I think it is a bit hard to place a price on Trotman's head due to him only coming into the team recently. However his rapid progress would have me thinking of placing a large sell on clause into any possible deal that might occur in the future.

Drphibes

With his age and class he has shown i think 500k would be a good deal for any team!!

If someone offered £500k you wouldn't see his imposing ass for dust he would be shipped out of BP so quick...

£500k + sell on clause for a player who wasnt near the first team at the start of the season... errr, yes please... will cover our playing staff budget deficit (porter), and secure our other players from needing to be sold... then bring the next young'un through...

If someone offered £500k you wouldn't see his imposing ass for dust he would be shipped out of BP so quick...

£500k + sell on clause for a player who wasnt near the first team at the start of the season... errr, yes please... will cover our playing staff budget deficit (porter), and secure our other players from needing to be sold... then bring the next young'un through...

:stupid::deal:

i personally would not be short sighted enough to take that offer

Same here, I would rather sell Eardley than Trotman. He is clearly a class act, big, strong, scores goals, got a beast of a throw on him, can tackle, can foul and not been phased by the step up to playing week in week out.

Guest oa_exile
Same here, I would rather sell Eardley than Trotman. He is clearly a class act, big, strong, scores goals, got a beast of a throw on him, can tackle, can foul and not been phased by the step up to playing week in week out.

Since you put it that way £750K + 20% sell on it is then :grin:

I'm in two minds about this. It's a good offer(if it's true!) but I think if we have any ambition as a club, we shouldn't be looking to sell. Plus, he's the first decent threat we have had at corners for a while- I would hate us to lose that.

hes the best defender ive seen at bp since onesize, id cash in on eardley and play ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubes at right back or even lomax. i wasnt even up for cashing in on eardley but being dropped 2 out 3 suggests his head has been turned. its all about ambition and selling a beast like trotman shows none. and i never ever want to see another loan player at bp again. ever.

Must be good if Burnley released him. rogthedog

Sound like a liberty with so much referee attention. Basel Tiger

Who haven't we been linked to? Oh.. someone good. jockgreen

not another player below championship level, we should be looking championship and prmiership players if we want promotion. pastyboy

Completely underwhelmed once again. plimuff

Some great comments there. :sleeping:

Someone needs to explain about Burnley folk and their strange ways to them... Trotman is one of those young players that has both great potential and who could do the job from the word go, his attributes of heading ability, pace and strength would be there in any division. Thinking about it, I can't remember the last player we had who was as good at getting his body in the way of a shot either. Oh, and he can actually play a bit. I'm upping his value in my mind the more I type.

Why would anyone want to sell Trotman. I agree, I would rather sell Eardley, Hazell and Lomax can play there. We should be signing Trotman on a long term deal not trying to off load our young talent. You sell Trotman and then Stam has another injury blow, no Gregan or Thompson!!!! Have a think about it boys. Plus he has been the most consistant CH over the past 3 months.

I think people are going very ott on Trotters, good prospect but Will Haining was a better player at his age and we all thought he would go on to become a Premiership player.

£500k plus a sell on would be very good business if we could invest the majority into the transfer market, but given the speed we seem to be working at now it will be next summer before anything is spent.

Right now I'd want £500k plus future amounts for appearances, and a BIG sell-on clause.

But I do hear what Coco is saying too. He may never reach the potential he seems to be showing right now, so if the above deal was offered I'd take it.

At this moment in time , trotmans distribution would need to improve greatly before he can be considered championship calibre or he could go the way of haining, i like trotters he is a strong defender , however his is still unproven over a season and learning as he goes , 500k good business, i would prefer him to stay and learn with us, but you can not turn that down if offered(we have been stung to many time), although i would put a large sell on clause on that.

75%? :D

£500K is a snip for one of the "bigger" clubs to take a chance on a player who, in my opinion, is one of the best young prospects we've had at BP for many a long year.

Unproven maybe, but potential lots of.

What odd would I get at the bookies on Trotters one day playing for England ?

Now whos getting carried away.

I think people are going very ott on Trotters, good prospect but Will Haining was a better player at his age and we all thought he would go on to become a Premiership player.

I can't agree with that. Trotman is at least as good in the air as Haining but is taller and more athletic. He is a lot faster and stronger, and his distribution is no worse. I'm struggling to think of one area of their game that Haining was ever better at. Trotman can even throw the ball further.