Jarrett

wouldnt say excellent news, why not permanent?

do preston want him still and send him here see how he gets on?

does he feel hes too good for us?

He's played one game for us thus far and has been a bit of a journeyman in loan terms. It's early days to start falling over ourselves just yet, but perhaps one of the add on's/caveats in NT's move to PNE was an option on Jarrett at the end of the season if his loan spell works out as hoped?

Perhaps we weren't willing/able to match his PNE wages but we will be able to negotiate a contract with him in the close season?

wouldnt say excellent news, why not permanent?

do preston want him still and send him here see how he gets on?

does he feel hes too good for us?

Because he is under Contract at Preston until the end of the Season. If we signed him now, we would have to match those wages in all likelihood (and maybe Preston are still paying a proportion?) whereas if we wait until the Summer, then we can probably tie him up on a cheaper deal.

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Damn you Dan!

I think Shez would be wary of signing someone who thought they were too good for us again (e.g. Ricketts...)

I think considering the article (which I can't find at the moment) that spoke of Shez admiration for Jarrett for many years and that he was first impressed by him when they played against each other (!) that Shez knows Jarrett pretty well and has possible been wanting to sign him for a while but just waiting for the right opportunity. I reckon it'll be made permanent at some stage...

even worse.

really despise loan signings makes us look amatuer.

says in interview his face doesnt fit at preston.

That amateur team up the road Blackpool managed to do alright with their loan signings. Ah well lets get out the check book and splash loads of cash makes us look extra professional. Can make up for the loan signing

really despise loan signings makes us look amatuer.

Don't agree with that, pretty much every side uses the loan system, even Man U - Larson was on loan, Tevez is on loan - A good manager uses the loan system to his advantage, especially at our level. We got unlucky with KK but these things happen and Bertrand wanted to stay but his club wanted him to play higher up.

On the whole the loan system has worked for us and a canny manager can use this very wisely just as Larry did for the Lashers.

Loan signings are a win win situation to my mind. They give (usually) a young player the chance to improve their game. The club they are loaned to a chance to have a look without committing and to get a good player in (e.g.Bertrand) for a period of time to help out etc.

we didnt win with killer we didnt win with bertrand we didnt win with clarke we didnt win with rachubka.

what im saying is why hasnt the deal been set up with a first refusal like beckett? and dont say 'how do i know it hasnt?' because they would have said if it was.

we didnt win with killer we didnt win with bertrand we didnt win with clarke we didnt win with rachubka.

what im saying is why hasnt the deal been set up with a first refusal like beckett? and dont say 'how do i know it hasnt?' because they would have said if it was.

With each of those players, and in context at the time we would have used a huge amount of the budget.

but don't forget not all lona signings are likely to be permanent. Bournemouth did it with Defoe for example.

KK was going to be top earner

Bertrand-onl;y ever realistically a stopgap, a text book loan signing.

Clarke is on big bucks as IC mentioned. The reason he isn't here is because he has being playing in the first team for Wendies, and is now injured anyway. Would onlyh ave been stopgap

Rachubka was disappointing, but he was at higher division clubs for a while and we know he was big bucks and we had less money then.

Beckett proves that things change, so there are no guarantees anyway. He could have come but it was Shez choose not to bring him in.

There are also a lot of successes in that time frame as well. There is no way that we were ever going to sign Bertrand permanently and when we got them in, you could say the same about Kilkenny (Birmingham had just rejected a bid of £1.2m for him from West Brom) and Leon Clarke who the Wendies were only loaning out to get him match fit.

On the downside, we could have made Kenny Cooper, Lord Kanganga, Anthony Grant, Maheta Molongo and several others permanent signings but fortunately, the loan system worked in our favour in those instances.