Transfer Deadline Day - All the latest news!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hereford have joined the chase for Chester winger Kevin Ellison, according to the player himself. The former Tranmere winger acknowledged that he had been told of interest from four clubs, but had not sought a move himself. The 28 year old is Chester's top scorer, with eight goals in 30 games.

Preston today maintined that they were after one more player before the end of the transfer deadline and it is believed that one man is Carlisle striker Garner.

Edited by BP1960

County have accepted an offer from Leeds, could we sneak in with a bid as well? He's not exactly going to be first choice at Leeds with Beckford, Kandol, Constantine (although he's out for another month) and Flo ahead of him in the pecking order.

EDIT: This refers to Elding, Mod police have pulled me into line.

Edited by jsslatic

An interesting one this.

Trotman may not be ready for the Premiership yet but I'd say that with Paul Jewell and the new American Investors, then Derby will more than likely to be back there in 2009/ 2010 Season.

Preston could be playing in League 1 by then.

I guess he would be in the shop window more at Derby than Preston as well.

That's if he even got a game. I doubt he would have been any where near the first team - although with Derby the way they are playing who know's! There's always the risk that they go down and start signing all and sundry flashing lots of cash around in an attempt to win the Championship next season and he just gets all forgotten about. I suppose there's still the chance of that at Preston and the obvious worry of them going down but there does appear to be a bigger chance of first team football there in the near future.

He refused to speak to Derby so the extra £100k which is being spoken about would be irrellevant even if the club had accepted their bid - which they probably had done if Paul Jewell phoned him.

Apols if this has already been answered but club site says deadline is 5pm and BBC transfer website says midnight. Which is correct? I'd always thought this window was until midnight and the later loans one until 5pm

Sky Sports News says midnight. Maybe means that we are only looking at loans rather than permanant if we are saying 5pm then?

Sky Sports News says midnight. Maybe means that we are only looking at loans rather than permanant if we are saying 5pm then?

sorry Ste my post was misleading. By later loans one I meant the deadline in England only which is for loan players and ends sometime in March I think. The one we got Glombard on deadline day last year. I'm sure that finishes at 5pm where the European one(this one) ends at midnight.

AS we approach the half way stage of deadline day, very few transfers.

The only one I can see that would be realsitic either Division One or Northern based, is Kevin Betsy.

Maybe Darren Kenton but he is a bit old for our needs.

Can't say I think we have missed out on anything yet, either defence or attack.

We're not getting anyone in today, are we?

Obviously, I'm prepared to be wrong about this, but it's not gonna happen. Loans will be the way we go, which won't be good enough.

Anyway, it's all about next season, innit.

Think your right. If we had a striker at the ground this morning discussing terms then i reckon it would have been announced if he was coming. Hope i am wrong though, another fresh face may give us the boost to push on this season.

Besian Idrizaj's loan agreement with Crystal Palace has been cancelled with immediate effect.

The 20-year-old striker will instead spend the remainder of the season on loan at Oldham Athletic.

Bristol City have completed the signing of striker Dele Adebola from Coventry City for an undisclosed fee.

Carlisle United manager John Ward has snapped up the Scunthorpe United winger Cleveland Taylor for an initial £50,000 transfer fee.

Derby have signed Everton defender Alan Stubbs on an 18-month contract, the Rams have announced on their website.

Leeds have secured the services of centre-half Darren Kenton who has turned his loan switch from Leicester into a permanent deal.

Championship promotion hopefuls Burnley have signed teenage Arsenal midfielder Mark Randall on loan until the end of the season.

Bury have signed Wolves midfielder Elliott Bennett on loan until March 1.

John Eustace has agreed to join Watford from Stoke City in a £400,000 deal.

Edited by BP1960