Bid for Schmeichel turned down!

Guest oa_exile
You mean the hundreds of owtb members don't count? :disappointed::hanged:

Thats true Coco I am sure you have hundreds of "Mates" on here :)

I'm one of them :wub:

Guest oa_exile
in case we are unfortunte enough not to have a keeper available during a match (like the scum at weekend) who goes in net? i know eyres used to fancy himself between the sticks but who now? eardley?

Taylor :)

Also, Ian Walker? I'd rather play Josh Bell than a 36 year old who hasn't played football since May 2006. He'd probably be unfit and very rusty, I'd rather just play our kid.

Good point - Andy Goram anyone? (shudder)

Good point - Andy Goram anyone? (shudder)

He made their bench when Jaaskelainen was injured so is obviously third in command*. Whether this allows him to go somewhere else or not is unknown. However, I think it is a bit harsh to assume he won't have maintained his fitness levels/ability. He is 36, but for keepers that is nothing. Not saying he is my number one want, just he might be willing to step in for a 38 year old keeper for a few games.

*out of, one would assume, a few more than three in a Premiership squad.

Thank goodness for that!! After his rather naive (and I'm being charitable here) comments about his beloved "Th*ksin" on his recent visit to Thailand, I wouldn't want him at BP.

He is a fool. The phrase "political pawn" has been overused somewhat just lately but it certainly applies in Schmeichel's case. Silly boy!

What a situation we find ourselves in...cheers Shez! Not like it wasn't possible :disappointed:

Warner's not a bad shout. Or Gilks....can't believe we went for Kasper though....there's aiming high and then aiming to fail. Kasper wouldn't come to our level again...he's earned his spurs at Bury, done ok in the pressure cooker in the Prem (the odd slip up but then James is allowed them and still amazingly makes the England team) and thus he wouldn't look any lower than the Champs IMO. Will either be someone we know little of or a keeper coming to the end of his playing days at the top level. Warner fits the bill on that one, but it's convincing him that he'll keep fit and be in the shop window if he comes here.

Here's one worth considering, this is what the Newcastle United website says about him;

FRASER FORSTER

Newcastle United Reserves maintained their unbeaten run when they held the powerful Liverpool Reserves side to a 0-0 draw at St. James' Park tonight.

They have now gone 4 games unbeaten but Newcastle were indebted to a fantastic display of goalkeeping from 19 year old Fraser Forster who was in inspired form tonight in the home goal, and pulled off a string of superb saves.

Shay and Steve should be looking over their shoulder at this boy, who is 6'4" and still growing, and the most improved player at the club over the last 2 years.

[Anyway back to a keeper,a mate at work knows Matty Gilks,

said he was hoping Oldham would of come in for him when he was at Rochdale.

Apearently he is a big Oldham fan.]

I know his Uncle through business,he is definately a Latics fan.Could be first choice backup though?

[Anyway back to a keeper,a mate at work knows Matty Gilks,

said he was hoping Oldham would of come in for him when he was at Rochdale.

Apearently he is a big Oldham fan.]

I know his Uncle through business,he is definately a Latics fan.Could be first choice backup though?

Who ever we sign, he will be a :censored: within a min LOL.

The funniest thing is, if we dont sign anyone Josh Bell will be going into the game knowing his Manager thinks he is not good enough. Well done Shez, have a think before you talk to the Chronicles of yesterday!!!!

I'd like to think that Coventry had just beaten us to the push to sign Schmeichel and that it wasnt a case of City not wanting him to play League 1 football, personally I'd say there is not much difference between Coventry(lingering above relegation spots) and us(Lingering just below play offs).

Should players get a choice in whether they want to go to a club on loan or not? My work contract clearly states that if my company want me to work in another office, then I have no say in the matter. Well I do, but I'd be looking for a new job if I refused.

Edited by 3 Lions

Who ever we sign, he will be a :censored: within a min LOL.

The funniest thing is, if we dont sign anyone Josh Bell will be going into the game knowing his Manager thinks he is not good enough. Well done Shez, have a think before you talk to the Chronicles of yesterday!!!!

I'd like to think that would spur josh bell on to prove sheridan wrong?

He said it on the fishul. To be fair, he's 18 and as it says on the fishul 'In 2007/08, he will compete for a place in the youth team with fellow apprentice Josh Ollerenshaw'. Not even 'be expecting to be backup for the first team'. He obviously isn't ready to step up just yet.