shez looking to next season

So can the fans look to next season and not turn up for the rest of the games this year?

I think some have already been exercising that right.....

Nothing surprising there....we have Gregan, Lidds, Davies and Hughes due back so considering the wage cap it makes sense. We are going to have to relie on those big players doing the business quickly to stand any chance. Which is unlikely, makes sense to plan for next season no point throwing more money at this campaign....

Edited by oafc0000

just watched lw n shez has said he doesn't think he will be bringing in new players this season now n we will basically have to do with the squad we have which got me thinking who will he be letting go n who will he be trying to bring in any opinions?

Well im quite optimistic for a latics fan (and thats saying somat!! :wink: ) and I just dont think the season should be written off with 8 games to go.

I personally think Easter Weekend will show some twists and turns with those teams there and thereabouts.

Well im quite optimistic for a latics fan (and thats saying somat!! :wink: ) and I just dont think the season should be written off with 8 games to go.

I personally think Easter Weekend will show some twists and turns with those teams there and thereabouts.

I dont think you have to right off the season to concentrate on next season..... Its setting priorities and considering are unability to win more than 2 games in a row it sounds sensible. No point wasting money on loan signings, better to start sourcing for next term.

We can still hope we sneak into the play offs with are current sqaud....Ill keep hoping till its impossible :)

Explain....

Self-explanatory don't you think! 3 points of the play-offs and were throwng in the towel. Whats the point of going to the rest of the home games this season if the club has given up hope on achieving success. it's a two way street imo.

Edited by laticsmad

Whats the point of going to the rest of the home games this season if the club has given up hope on achieving success.

To get out of the house for a bit.

Get a bit of fresh air.

Chance of seeing a couple of goals.

See a couple of the lads.

Have a bit of banter at the match.

Have a shout and a swear at the ref.

Take the mick out of the away fans.

The annual Easter Shez negative side deflating comment (last seasons was that even though we sat right in the thick of the chase for 2nd place, he came out and said we needed 7pts to stay in the playoffs, nothing about winning the 2 games and putting pressure on 2nd place.....aimed nice and high, he did!) So this current comment must be an annual thing for Easter weekends. Nice one....at least we know what to expect in 12mths time.

So this current comment must be an annual thing for Easter weekends. Nice one....at least we know what to expect in 12mths time.

To be fair, Shez doesn't say anything about throwing the towel in on the interview, just that he probably won't sign any more players as we have some coming back into contention. This is an interview which was taken straight after the match.....how many knee jerk reactions do we get on here straight after a defeat?

To get out of the house for a bit.

Get a bit of fresh air.

Chance of seeing a couple of goals.

See a couple of the lads.

Have a bit of banter at the match.

Have a shout and a swear at the ref.

Take the mick out of the away fans.

Well I could do all these things at a sunday league match for no money and I would proberbly see a hell of alot more passion/fight. Don't get me wrong more likely than not I will be at the next home game, but to hear the club say we're not going to take any more chances on this season makes me feel gutted, worse than after the Luton game. After comments like like this I don't think they can have any complaints about the ineviatable low attendences for the rest of the season.

We don't deserved to be in the play-offs and we're not good enough really this season: but god damm it I don't care I want to be in them.

To be fair, Shez doesn't say anything about throwing the towel in on the interview, just that he probably won't sign any more players as we have some coming back into contention. This is an interview which was taken straight after the match.....how many knee jerk reactions do we get on here straight after a defeat?

I just can't understand us not looking for another player (players returning to fitness or not).....heck, then we might be able to fill a :censored: substitutes bench :disappointed: Even under Ritchie (and yes, we had injuries) we never let the side get this depleted. Find it worrying that it's deemed acceptable to have had the recent GK situation and the lack of filling a bench but I don't solely hold Shez responsible anymore on that score. I feel the funds are there but it's a cap in hand job for Shez now to TTA. I don't think that chequebook is as open as it was....unless it's a KK who TTA probably felt we could make money on if it worked out. And with 3,600 coming in, I'm not surprised. It does play into Corporal Jones hands/theory etc. but I'd rather we had a club frankly so if that's what TTA feel they have to do, they have to do it.

If we found ourselves stuck in the middle of the division and could not go either up or down then maybe the planning for next season could be understandable in some ways. However remember what happened when Ronnie signed Beckett ? That one single signing probably saved us from the drop and likewise a few decent loan signings could have pushed up into the playoff spots right now. Saying that we have players coming back is a bit daft in some ways because who thinks that the likes of Gregan, Thommo and co are going to hit the ground running and play like they can after such long layoffs ? We have been in dire need of someone to replace the likes of KK, Ricketts and also find a keeper and we have not done any of these things.

Drphibes

Self-explanatory don't you think! 3 points of the play-offs and were throwng in the towel. Whats the point of going to the rest of the home games this season if the club has given up hope on achieving success. it's a two way street imo.

We havent thrown in the towel, Shez has simply said he is looking towards next season just as I expect every other manger in the league is.

FFS last year he didnt move quick enough did he?!?!?

to be fair i think if i was in shez's shoe's I'd be doing the same,yeah were only 3pts off the playoffs but with the inconsistency we have had whats the likely hood of us going up,people keep going on about how much money we have to spend,why use it now on loan players i would personally keep hold of it till the summer n c who's available n who we can afford just my opinion.i do hope we make the playoffs don't get me wrong I'd love to see us go up,i can just see were shez is coming from in what he said.

We havent thrown in the towel, Shez has simply said he is looking towards next season just as I expect every other manger in the league is.

FFS last year he didnt move quick enough did he?!?!?

hmm, no more loan signing and we are only 3 points of the play-offs and we don't even have the players to fill the bench. In my eyes that is throwing in the towel!!!

Edited by laticsmad

The posts by BB and Phibes here mirror my own feelings,i am not a serial moaner or Shez outer,i am just dismayed at the lack of decent(and i don't mean world beating) replacements for both the senior players who have been injured long term and the departures of the likes of KK and Ricketts etc.

We have been told all season long that funds are available to sign "the right players"and yet we have not replaced at least three or four key players.

In summary,when i am being constantly reminded how well our youngsters are developing,or that we should look forward to next season,i would rather much prefer our club to be making a sustained effort to strive for success during this current season.

Sadly,the clud doesn't seem to be willing to make that effort,whether this being due to Shez or maybe any financial constraints placed on him!

FRUSTRATING ISN'T IT!