Wil he be pushed or will he jump

Bit of a contentious one this but that's why we are all here to have a good debate.

It is my opinion and that is all so no grief please, that i don't think Shez will be here for the start of next season, i truly hope i am wrong.

I just sense that his frustration with the lack of support and ambition from the board is starting to get him down. His hands are tied and i don't think he is all that happy about having to field so many youngsters even if it is standing us and them in good stead.

How many times this season have we heard that the players we are after want too much money etc, it always comes from Shez but i think it is filtered down form the board that basically they are not prepared to fund new signings mid-season. We will see if the same applies in the post and close season.

What happened to the Trotman money, we have brought in the usual loan players in and that is it, it is the same story with the board and i worry that either Shez will walk or the "3 amigos!!!" will lose patience with a manager ultimately more ambtious than them.

I have no doubt we will bring players in but at what price, i reckon at least 4 experienced 1st team players will depart and in the long run we will be no closer to what we want and i dont think Shez will stand for it.

To be fair Exile....the original poster has posted something there that I don't recall being said on OWTB yet! The majority of the original post talks about Shez actually being fed up enough to walk away....something I don't recall being discussed on here yet. I don't see it happening, but it is possible that he's fed up and had enough too. And a different angle to look at it.

Bit of a contentious one this but that's why we are all here to have a good debate.

It is my opinion and that is all so no grief please, that i don't think Shez will be here for the start of next season, i truly hope i am wrong.

I just sense that his frustration with the lack of support and ambition from the board is starting to get him down. His hands are tied and i don't think he is all that happy about having to field so many youngsters even if it is standing us and them in good stead.

How many times this season have we heard that the players we are after want too much money etc, it always comes from Shez but i think it is filtered down form the board that basically they are not prepared to fund new signings mid-season. We will see if the same applies in the post and close season.

What happened to the Trotman money, we have brought in the usual loan players in and that is it, it is the same story with the board and i worry that either Shez will walk or the "3 amigos!!!" will lose patience with a manager ultimately more ambtious than them.

I have no doubt we will bring players in but at what price, i reckon at least 4 experienced 1st team players will depart and in the long run we will be no closer to what we want and i dont think Shez will stand for it.

Lack of support and ambition from the board????

Do not understand that statement at all, Without throwing money away I don't think he could have a more supportive board!

Lack of support and ambition from the board????

Do not understand that statement at all, Without throwing money away I don't think he could have a more supportive board!

If you notice, the origional poster is a new member of OWTB and as such wont have read through pages and pages of "shez out" or "shez in" threads. we won on sat so there havent been any for a while.

as you say BB80, it hasnt been disgussed about shez walking away. Personally i cant see it, we are a club moving forward, and in the past the 3 Amigos have heavily backed Shez. how many other clubs would back him in this way, and still give him another deal at the end of the season if things dont quite go our way?

At the moment i think we have struck exactly the right balence at the club. we dont throw silly money around, but still invest where we feel it is warrented. we dont sack managers after a season if it doesnt go our way (a good thing although some would disagree) yet i couldnt see us giving a manager limitless time to succeed. We are building through youth slowly but surely and both the on foeld squad and the off field arrangements are more solid than they have ever been. very few would disagree with this looking at the wider picture

doubt it. He sounded pretty upbeat to me at the Boundary Blues party on Monday, said he was looking for 4 or 5 additions ideally and that he had already identified a number of targets. Certainly did not have the air of a man about to jack it all in.

I didnt know we were now making managers walk the plank lol let him jump i say ARGHHHHHH!!

seriously a decent point though, one worth considering :mmm: as BB80 says, at least it gives a different angle on it (apologies to those who have)

I can't see him walking as he still has time left on his Contract. Dux and Tommy do too and were Shez to leave of his own accord, then it would leave them in a very difficult position.

Like has been said, he seems geared up to making a real fist of things next Season and the only way that he will be leaving is if he is sacked. I can't see this happening and really hope that he is given a chance to show what he can do with a settled and fit squad for 2008-09. The first couple of months of the new campaign will be vital though and he has to show that he has learned from the self-admitted mistakes that he has made.

I can't see him walking as he still has time left on his Contract. Dux and Tommy do too and were Shez to leave of his own accord, then it would leave them in a very difficult position.

Like has been said, he seems geared up to making a real fist of things next Season and the only way that he will be leaving is if he is sacked. I can't see this happening and really hope that he is given a chance to show what he can do with a settled and fit squad for 2008-09. The first couple of months of the new campaign will be vital though and he has to show that he has learned from the self-admitted mistakes that he has made.

trouble is though,what id season ticket sales slump like they did when ronald was here,it is a real possibility,and also shez is saying he has drawn up a list of potential signings,what if the tta;s decide not to let him have the sufficient amount of cash to sign theses players....and he has to settle for second or even third choice signings.....wouldnt that make you a little fed up and say the board dont have the same ambition???

also if this did happen,and wednesday were relegated,would he go home so to speak to a heros welcome to show the tta;s what he can really do given the right backing.....all hypothetical of course

trouble is though,what id season ticket sales slump like they did when ronald was here,it is a real possibility,and also shez is saying he has drawn up a list of potential signings,what if the tta;s decide not to let him have the sufficient amount of cash to sign theses players....and he has to settle for second or even third choice signings.....wouldnt that make you a little fed up and say the board dont have the same ambition???

also if this did happen,and wednesday were relegated,would he go home so to speak to a heros welcome to show the tta;s what he can really do given the right backing.....all hypothetical of course

I should think that there's quite a bit of money been saved up from the Trotman sale, and the cup, which Shez will be able to use. I doubt that he would leave. How many clubs would be rushing to sign him? After all he doesn't have such a good track record yet does he. If he gets us promotion next season then perhaps he would be wanted, but not yet. TTA won't sack him because they will have to start all over again with a new manager who doesn't know the present squad in order to let him make decisions as to which players he needs to keep, and which he doesn''t.

It was said at the forum the other week that targets had been lined up and that they may cost a bit but TTA were more than prepared to sort that out.

As for Wednesday, yes he'd be given the right backing. A little like he is here really, just we haven't got 20,000+ a game through the gates or a million quid a season to throw on new players.

Guest oa_exile
Another thread :lol:

Any chance of having a Shez forum ? there are enough threads , polls , etc on the go :)

If you notice, the origional poster is a new member of OWTB and as such wont have read through pages and pages of "shez out" or "shez in" threads. we won on sat so there havent been any for a while.

as you say BB80, it hasnt been disgussed about shez walking away.

lol :lol:"If you notice" Do you think I didnt notice he was a new member ?

The post was not directed at aerorossi29 :)

It does not answer my question of CAN we have a Shez only Forum ? , keeps things nice and tidy B)

As for Wednesday, yes he'd be given the right backing. A little like he is here really, just we haven't got 20,000+ a game through the gates or a million quid a season to throw on new players.

Backing from where? They're £20-odd million in debt.

Is it the same backing that half a dozen or so managers have received over the last ten years and has seen them guide the club to the dizzy heights of the fringe of the same division we are in with our paltry crowds?

Backing from where? They're £20-odd million in debt.

Is it the same backing that half a dozen or so managers have received over the last ten years and has seen them guide the club to the dizzy heights of the fringe of the same division we are in with our paltry crowds?

The reason for the majority of that £20m is that the owners have backed the club and the managers they have employed. If you had been in charge off course the figure would be higher. Now please let people have a discussion about something other than your bloody hobby horse for a change.

The reason for the majority of that £20m is that the owners have backed the club and the managers they have employed. If you had been in charge off course the figure would be higher. Now please let people have a discussion about something other than your bloody hobby horse for a change.

In actual fact the majority of the debt mounted up when they tried to buy Premier League success. The resulting millstone is what has dragged them down.

How many 'superstars' have they had in the side in the last six or seven years? What are they doing signing the likes of JJ? They can't afford better, that's what.

The club was mismanaged at precisely the wrong moment, resulting in lost ground that will never be recovered...

Unless a Russian billionaire takes over. You do hear rumours, but they usually remain just that, for whatever reason.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

What are they doing signing the likes of JJ? They can't afford better, that's what.

Hmmmmm....would that be the same JJ which they splashed half a million on......lol......I'd say they've actually been burning money, rather than not being able to afford better! You carry on chasing your tail with this rubbish! Quite funny to watch now :grin:

Hmmmmm....would that be the same JJ which they splashed half a million on......lol......I'd say they've actually been burning money, rather than not being able to afford better! You carry on chasing your tail with this rubbish! Quite funny to watch now :grin:

What rubbish is this then-I've only ever mentioned Wednesday on here a couple of times during the lst few days?

And the point stands: half a million is chickenfeed for the level they're at and where they need to be, let alone for one of the giants of English football they still imagine themselves to be.