New Physio

Highly rated at Wallsall:

RICHARD Money believes physios Jon Whitney and Mark Czuczman have "worked miracles" to keep injury damage to the Walsall squad to a minimum this season.

The Saddlers have been lightly touched by injuries this term, which was vital if they were to consolidate their place in League One after promotion, never mind push for the Championship.

With a small nucleus of experienced players, any flurry of injuries at the same time would have caused Money major problems - and necessitated some urgent work in the loan market.

But such a crisis has not cropped up. And much of the credit for that goes to Whitney.

When the former Lincoln player was offered a job by Wolves three years ago, the Saddlers fought hard to keep him, including offering him an assistant - hence the appointment of Czuczman.

At that time, Money hailed Whitney's decision to resist a move to Molineux and stick with the Saddlers as "an important signing for the club".

And Whitney's value, both as an extensively-qualified physio and an important lighter-touch dressing-room presence alongside the intense Money, has proved huge.

"Our physio team have worked miracles this year," Money said. "Touch wood, we have only had three soft-tissue injuries all year.

"We have been able to have pretty much a full group to select from for the whole season apart from one or two impact injuries that you can do nothing about.

"That is down to the hard work that Jon and Mark have done and that the players have done in the gym. They have worked very hard in terms of prevention of injury rather than treatment of injury.

"That has been a huge help to us because we do not have the biggest squad."

Source: http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-20489693/

And Inspiral Carpet for fishing out the link.

Sounds very good indeed, top stuff.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Go for it lad and hopefully live up to your words.

Saying all the right things in his interview, i'm just pleased we now have an official Phsyio team - its definately something that has cost us this season, not replacing Lee Nobes wise.

Happy days really, well thought of a Warsaw, been at Grimsby & Dirty White S/c/u/m (we'll let him off for that!) - hope he makes good on his promises and starts to weed out these annoying muscle tweaks we've had a sodding season!

Good luck Mark!!!

I'm now nervous that our players will be skipping around without a soft tissue injury in sight, only to suffer a variety of random accidents like being crushed by enormous cartoon anvils or slipping on banana skins

that would be funny if we havent picked up injuries in the past where players fell out of the loft/ thru a glass table/ tripped over the dog !

Aah that explains why Liddell and Jarrett warmed down after being substituted (something i like and something all players at whatever level should do). This is something I hadn't seen Latics do for a while and it sounds like the new physio might be quite good. I have a feeling that our injury worries were linked to some bad warm-up/warm-down techniques and hopefully he might sort this out.

that would be funny if we havent picked up injuries in the past where players fell out of the loft/ thru a glass table/ tripped over the dog !

To say nothing about players who would need to use their hands during the game breaking them in Friday evening nightclub incidents...

Completely agree Prozac. Could be a VERY important signing as we've badly missed Lee Nobes this season.

We are all skirting around the real issue of whether this guy is going to follow the Nobes technique of bending the Captain and centreback over his table for some sweet loving. I got Haining fit enough to earn a transfer

We are all skirting around the real issue of whether this guy is going to follow the Nobes technique of bending the Captain and centreback over his table for some sweet loving. I got Haining fit enough to earn a transfer

:shock::o

Yet another shocking revalation from leeslover's private life...

:icon_gay:

"RICHARD Money believes physios Jon Whitney and Mark Czuczman have "worked miracles" to keep injury damage to the Walsall squad to a minimum this season.

The Saddlers have been lightly touched by injuries this term, which was vital if they were to consolidate their place in League One after promotion, never mind push for the Championship.

With a small nucleus of experienced players, any flurry of injuries at the same time would have caused Money major problems - and necessitated some urgent work in the loan market.

But such a crisis has not cropped up. And much of the credit for that goes to Whitney."

Oh well...looks like we got the tea boy :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

It was an encouraging interview with him, and I did like how he stated how he'd be measured in regards to tweaks, pulls and strains (soft tissue injuries). He obviously sets himself high standards and is highly organised giving us stats and comparisons from his work at Walsall.

This season we've certainly paid the price for not being covered by a good quality physio. Obviously he'll be judged by results and performance, just like anyone but the early signs are very promising.

I'm sure Hughes will test his 'soft tissue injury' theories anyway!

Aah that explains why Liddell and Jarrett warmed down after being substituted (something i like and something all players at whatever level should do). This is something I hadn't seen Latics do for a while and it sounds like the new physio might be quite good. I have a feeling that our injury worries were linked to some bad warm-up/warm-down techniques and hopefully he might sort this out.

yep I remember bringing this topic up (about players not doing the right things in warm-ups and warm-downs) but I just got laughed out of town. Trust me when I say both need to be done to prevent and or reduce injury. As an ex-runner and ex-karate I use spent half an hour just streching before exercise and about 15-20 mins after exercise.

yep I remember bringing this topic up (about players not doing the right things in warm-ups and warm-downs) but I just got laughed out of town. Trust me when I say both need to be done to prevent and or reduce injury. As an ex-runner and ex-karate I use spent half an hour just streching before exercise and about 15-20 mins after exercise.

Ha su. wipe on wipe off Daniel son...