crossley signs 1 year deal

I really don't see how people have such confidence in Crossley.

Because what he lacks in mobility he makes up for in his great positional sense. He also talks a good game and most be fantastic in and around the dressing room. A good signing in my opinion.

When he's been injury free, he's looked a solid keeper at this level - i'll admit he does, on occassion, looka tad slow, but this -fo me- is outwayed by his experience, his leardership of the back line & his off-field influence in the dressing room.

Its a solid signing, i'm happy enough for him to have another year - but we need 1 of these option to go hand in hand:

A young perm signing, to come in a no 2 initially, work with crossley on the training pitch, and ultimatley become the successor & new no1 keeper (lad from Gretna has been mooted, but others are out there too)A season long loan to be back up, as (a) doubt Crossley will stay injury free & (b.) i always feel that anything less than a long term loan for a keeper is pointless, as we saw last term with 7 or 8 different keepers being named over the season

Guess we'll see though what Shez has planned ver the coming weeks, as people say, there are lots of players out of contract this summer, sure we could strike gold with some!!

Edited by slystallone

He's turned in some blinding performances this year. It's a shame most have been on the road and many around BP haven't seen them. His superhuman efforts at Bristol almost single handedly won us a point...I remember driving back and having 606 on, and a Rovers fan called up and said he was stunned at how Norm played, he still has the class, just perhaps not the mobility. Since his injury he has been outstanding.

I hope he has signed as a number 2. Can't see there being a whole host of keepers desperate to sign for us to be a number 2 to him.

What, you don't think that a promising young keeper might want to sign as an understudy to somebody with the vast experience and abilitly of Crossley, knowing that they are almost certainly going to get a crack at the number one spot at some point fairly early on in the campaign?

*Yantorno signed for Hibs :lol:

* jsslatic missed that opportunity :)

glad he actually wants to stay with us,and turned down norwich as well.....

also was on bbc manchester that liddells been offered a deal but club still waiting on his decision

its great news whatever way you look at it but we need a decent back up who we have faith in. if crossley gets injured or his form dips then he will be invaluable in the dressing room and for the younger keepers at the club, not to mention his coaching role.

Most of the below average performances he has put in this season have been while he was carrying injuries. If we had a credible number 2 at those times, he would not even have been playing. You have to give the guy credit for playing in a few of those games, and not just telling Shez "You're gonna have to play a kid!"

He has been incredible for us in the second half of this season and we need him for next season. I know if I was a young keeper who was League one / championship level, I would jump at the chance to learn from an ex-international player like Norm. Lets face it, our best shot is to try and sign a promising younger keeper, possibly on season long loan from a Prem team, and have Norm mould him into a competitor for the number 1 shirt.

Wales' Wales' No 1 - nice on Norm - at the beginnning of the season thought wtf - but when he came back has been frikkin superb - (contrary to beliefs of a Fat cockney Lesbian dwarf woman that goes in the Chaddy End spewing her poison!)

Wales' Wales' No 1 - nice on Norm - at the beginnning of the season thought wtf - but when he came back has been frikkin superb - (contrary to beliefs of a Fat cockney Lesbian dwarf woman that goes in the Chaddy End spewing her poison!)

Wasn't he just not training at the start of the season, hence his rubbish form?

Myself, I can see the good things he does. As mentioned at Bristol he was immense and it wasn't the only game. But I don't like having a keeper who has no presence in the area (or his six yard box in Crossley's case). He can be wonderful at what he does, but it causes more problems than it solves in the long run.

Most of the below average performances he has put in this season have been while he was carrying injuries. If we had a credible number 2 at those times, he would not even have been playing. You have to give the guy credit for playing in a few of those games, and not just telling Shez "You're gonna have to play a kid!"

He has been incredible for us in the second half of this season and we need him for next season. I know if I was a young keeper who was League one / championship level, I would jump at the chance to learn from an ex-international player like Norm. Lets face it, our best shot is to try and sign a promising younger keeper, possibly on season long loan from a Prem team, and have Norm mould him into a competitor for the number 1 shirt.

maybe if we did the deal for lita to go to manure we could ask for foster on a season long loan......