micah rumours...

My Stepdad(city fan) was speaking to a current city player (and friend of micah) t'other day, he said that micah wants to stay at city, and he doesnt think he will leave!

money talks of course, so come of taggart, get your cheque book out!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant just the initial transfer fee. Say they agreed £10m transfer fee plus extras for appearances/winning the league or whatever, but city got that initial £10m over 3 years we would still be entitled to get our £2m straight away

True, I was talking from the point of view that if it was £3-5m then we will only get our money when city/buying club exchange theirs. If it had been a few hundred thousand then we'd probably get that all straightaway (with the add-ons to follow if/when they were triggered). As it could be a few million then it is likely that there would be some negotiation as to when we get our 'share' of their fees....all just a bit of fun speculation anyway seen as nothing has happened.

There is the real potential here for us to be looking at the scenario at the end of next season where United are in the Champions League Final and we know that if they win it Latics will get anouther £500k.

Is this a no win situation, or a no lose situation?

Seeing as it isn't going to happen, it is a non-situation.

He already has the money. £25 million is pocket money to him.

but he doesnt actually have much, if any real money to his name (and dont take that in the literal sense of the word, i mean compared to the crap being spouted about spending £18million on that lad from CSKA etc)

he still hasnt paid for at least 2 of the bonds he was supposed to have bought when he took over the club, and still hasnt even paid the solicitors who handled the transfer of ownership etc. plus i have heard at least 3 times the same rumour that they had to take a loan out back in October just to make sure the admin staff et al got paid. imo hes looking to sell as many for as much as possible, diverting the money back to himself, before doing one. if his cronies back in Thailand were really going to sort him out with his assets (as was much reported when he returned home a couple of months ago), they would have done it by now, City would have a new manager in place by now, knowing he would xxxmillion to spend. as i have previously stated, they only paid for something in the region of 40% of last summers transfers, as well as haggling Benjanis price down in january from 4mil upfront to 2 up front because they are that hard up. they will plummet like the proverbial stone next season.

oh well, never mind!

but he doesnt actually have much, if any real money to his name (and dont take that in the literal sense of the word, i mean compared to the crap being spouted about spending £18million on that lad from CSKA etc)

he still hasnt paid for at least 2 of the bonds he was supposed to have bought when he took over the club, and still hasnt even paid the solicitors who handled the transfer of ownership etc. plus i have heard at least 3 times the same rumour that they had to take a loan out back in October just to make sure the admin staff et al got paid. imo hes looking to sell as many for as much as possible, diverting the money back to himself, before doing one. if his cronies back in Thailand were really going to sort him out with his assets (as was much reported when he returned home a couple of months ago), they would have done it by now, City would have a new manager in place by now, knowing he would xxxmillion to spend. as i have previously stated, they only paid for something in the region of 40% of last summers transfers, as well as haggling Benjanis price down in january from 4mil upfront to 2 up front because they are that hard up. they will plummet like the proverbial stone next season.

oh well, never mind!

Nothing but speculation.

There is the real potential here for us to be looking at the scenario at the end of next season where United are in the Champions League Final and we know that if they win it Latics will get anouther £500k.

Is this a no win situation, or a no lose situation?

all ifs buts and maybe's but i would see it as win win situation myself heard the same rumour today its spreading lets see whats in tomorrows papers.

Nothing but speculation.

Thai Chinese businessmen do not like spending money. That's how they become rich (in my opinion, there are other factors in Th*ksin's case!!) and stay rich.

I've worked for a couple of Th*ksin clones and, believe me, they are all the same.

Incidentally, how satisfying was it to see "The Pride of Thailand" playing in front of such a sparse crowd in BKK last weekend. We were wetting ourselves :grin:

"Nothing but speculation."

maybe, but i can only speculate on what i have been told, by what i deem a very reliable source.

on a wider point, i can see why the rest of the board get so angry with you corporal, and it isnt because you are some great harbinger of truth. its because you ADD nothing to a debate and just try to kill it with a stream of childish, pithy posts, reminding me of a child who sits there with arms folded after being told off, replying with one word answers, mimicing everything that is said to you. the idea of a board like this is to offer opinions on whatever the thread is about.

maybe, but i can only speculate on what i have been told, by what i deem a very reliable source.

on a wider point, i can see why the rest of the board get so angry with you corporal, and it isnt because you are some great harbinger of truth. its because you ADD nothing to a debate and just try to kill it with a stream of childish, pithy posts, reminding me of a child who sits there with arms folded after being told off, replying with one word answers, mimicing everything that is said to you. the idea of a board like this is to offer opinions on whatever the thread is about.

He is the voice of gloom who makes us all realise that any optimism we may create is based on a false pretence because we're all doomed, doooooooomed. CJ, you should take the name of that other Dads Army character - was it Fraser, the Scottish undertaker.

Where Shinawatra is concerned, there is little fact and much speculation.

I don't think anybody knows all that much about his personal wealth, or indeed how much of it he actually has access to.

What we DO know is that what wealth he has was largely stolen from the people of Thailand.

I'm not counting my chickens re Micah. Although if the sale happens, I'd be a bit more comfortable if our sell-on share came directly from Man Utd than if we had to rely on it coming from City.

Thai Chinese businessmen do not like spending money. That's how they become rich (in my opinion, there are other factors in Th*ksin's case!!) and stay rich.

I've worked for a couple of Th*ksin clones and, believe me, they are all the same.

Incidentally, how satisfying was it to see "The Pride of Thailand" playing in front of such a sparse crowd in BKK last weekend. We were wetting ourselves :grin:

So there we have it: definititive proof.

Yes, I'm definitely the one who is killing this thread with childishness. You, on the other hand, give us 'very reliable sources' and bad punctuation: all very adult stuff.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Yes, I'm definitely the one who is killing this thread with childishness. You, on the other hand, give us 'very reliable sources' and bad punctuation: all very adult stuff.

Oh come on Corporal, that's poor even for you.

He is the voice of gloom who makes us all realise that any optimism we may create is based on a false pretence because we're all doomed, doooooooomed. CJ, you should take the name of that other Dads Army character - was it Fraser, the Scottish undertaker.

Surely optimism has to be based on more than crass rumour cooked up by a devious media for the entertainment of the dumb, ignorant plebs?

'This is what they want!'

What's that? The sum total of the good Dr Thaksin's fortune?

Respect to you for such precision.

ผมไม่เก่งอังกฤษไม่รู้จะตอบอะไร

Right taking the topic back on track.

If the Richards deal does happen, and it can be anywhere between £18 & £24 million depending on whose source you believe plus any add ons, the payment situation between 2 Enlglish League clubs is this, as a worst situation, to comply with league & FA rules IIRC.

1) 50% of the initial Fee (£18-£24 million) upfront ie between £9-£12 Million. We take our 20% share of that i.e. £1.8-£2.4 Million.

2) The balance is payable either by monthly, quarterly or annual installments over the next 1 (one) year. we take our 20% cut out of each installment.

3) Add ons i.e for winning a trophy or a set number of caps, or a set number of appearances for the new club etc are payable in full upon the event happening. Therefore we get our 20% cut at that point.

Therefore, we would receive 50% of our cut on completion of the transfer and the balance within the following 12 months except for the add on element, which can come during or after the 12 month period.

One of the reasons why some transfers have the add ons, is that it enables clubs to spread the transfer fee over a longer period than would otherwise be allowed.

The situation of payments between English and foreign clubs is different in that payment of transfer fees can be spread over longer periods,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Harry.