New signing tomorrow

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

showumni is now available...

midfielder is a puzzler....unless mr scholes has now decided he wants to finish his days with a better team.lol

For the conspiracy types amongst us. Early last week Taggart was in the press saying that Scholes and Giggs had coaches careers at OT after their playing days ended. Then by this weekend he was again at it but this time Scholes wasn't mentioned just Giggs. So there you have it....conclusive proof Scholes as told Taggart he's moving to Latics.

Guest oa_exile

I just hope it's not Shez's favorite Leon Clarke :( I think if the Wendies lower his value then the Club with have room to manuvre on his salary as a package. :disappointed:

A lot of other good names being touted about though , I will stick with the other Leon as the signing :)

As for the Midfielder I would not be surprised if it's Ronnie Ballbag :lol:

Guest oa_exile
For the conspiracy types amongst us. Early last week Taggart was in the press saying that Scholes and Giggs had coaches careers at OT after their playing days ended. Then by this weekend he was again at it but this time Scholes wasn't mentioned just Giggs. So there you have it....conclusive proof Scholes as told Taggart he's moving to Latics.

I like it Lags just a little problem with his contract (how long left ?) and Manure holding his reg , he cant just walk away ....... can he ? :blink:

I just hope it's not Shez's favorite Leon Clarke :( I think if the Wendies lower his value then the Club with have room to manuvre on his salary as a package. :disappointed:

I'd prefer Clarke myself, holds it up better than Constantine and younger, less of a journeyman too (ok he did fine when he was fit towards the end of his loan) Clarke scored 11 in 21 starts last season including 3 in 5 in the Championship. Ok he's a big lump, even a bit cumbersome but he held it up really well in his last spell here, we were unveaten in he month he was here including 3 tough away games and he played crap at Brentford and still saved us a point with his late brace.

Edited by oafcprozac

Didn't we shell out five figures for both Davies and Allott last season - doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

Constantine and Wallwork?

*Covers face with hands*

Completely got my maths wrong there. I was thinking 6 figures! :blush:

5 we would spend.

Who was the American(?) midfielder who left Utd for Norwich. He's not there anymore, and i'm sure we won't be signing him, but he immediately came to mind and it's annoying me now. What was he called

Don't know if anyone has oldham added on myspace but they posted a bulletin suggesting we are signing someone, based on the chron.

isnt the deadline already passed for the chron???

maybe a 5pm word.nothing on official site still the plane picture

Not sure who does the myspace, could be anyone but the bulletin reads this:

According to last night chron, we are very close to signing a new player, although there has been no strong rumour as to who it is, Leon Constantine, and Rotherham;s O'grady and even Ritchie Wellens in a swap deal for chris taylor have been the names flying around, keep posted to www. oldhamathletic. co. uk for any news this week

Thought he was off to Brizzle Rovers for 100k? Although if Brizzle have got no cash........

I have it on impeccable authority that our physio's Facebook page says he is very busy this morning .........?!

:cardinal:

Were signing Dominic Matteo

Watch this space.

hope not! 34 not played since November and only played 54 games in 4 years. He won't sign here, he'll be looking for an easy ride and i'm sure our new physio will put the fear of God into him if he needs a medical.

Physio: Drop and give me 50 bitch.........then we'll check out yer soft tissues.....then a run round Tangle Hills with mini-shez chasing you and then an ice bath..........

Matteo: Er, Mr. Hardy just need to make a quick phone call..........

Cue loud screeching noise as his Aston Martin steams up Sheepfoot Lane losing his exhaust on one of the speed humps.