paperwork delay

You know what, I just thought that maybe, just maybe, the club had learned some lessons from the circus that was the close season last year... but no, here we go again... not as embarassing as the berger incident et al... but still just comical...

Just a small addition to the constant, and extensive array of bobbins PR... but hey ho, as is said at least the click rate is high...

You know what, I just thought that maybe, just maybe, the club had learned some lessons from the circus that was the close season last year... but no, here we go again... not as embarassing as the berger incident et al... but still just comical...

Just a small addition to the constant, and extensive array of bobbins PR... but hey ho, as is said at least the click rate is high...

Not sure how its embarassing. I like the fact they have tried to keep the fans informed with whats going on. What on earth is wrong with that? It hasn't quite gone through but tomorrow it should, that isn't bobbins PR.

Not sure how its embarassing. I like the fact they have tried to keep the fans informed with whats going on. What on earth is wrong with that? It hasn't quite gone through but tomorrow it should, that isn't bobbins PR.

What will be embarassing for the club is if the deal falls through over night.....

I like being kept informed of what is going on but I do firmly belive the club should keep transfers quite until they have signed and the paper work has been processed. Its better for all concerned! I didnt need to know today that we are on the verge of signing someone! I could quite happily have read about it tomoz once it had been completed or fallen through. No big build up or any bollox...just the facts.....

Edited by oafc0000

What will be embarassing for the club is if the deal falls through over night.....

I like being kept informed of what is going on but I do firmly belive the club should keep transfers quite until they have signed and the paper work has been processed. Its better for all concerned! I didnt need to know today that we are on the verge of signing someone! I could quite happily have read about it tomoz once it had been completed or fallen through. No big build up or any bollox...just the facts.....

Nail on head.

Its not major - but it is bobbins PR - announce you are signing a player today, news later etc etc... and then go, oh, sorry, not today folks! Please explain if that how that is any way good!

I dont want to know until it is final... Heffernan, berger, Moore, idrjakez (whatever his name was).. it just goes on... just tell us when its finalised lads... please...

The operative word is 'should'... but we all know with latics, that invariably means probably not...

Have the club mentioned who we are signing? I'm very happy the club have announced that we are about to sign someone. It's great the club keeps the fans informed, they've given just enough information. There are 91 other clubs in the league doing exactly the same as we are doing so it shouldn't come to any surprise with any other club.

If the deal is going to fall through I'm sure the players agent will be very much involved in it somewhere not the club.

You know....there's no pleasing some of you lot. Chill out for goodness sake!!!

If the club say nowt you moan...If they announce a possible deal that falls through you moan...they just can't bloody win!!!!!

I enjoy the excitement of a transfer and today's waiting is all part of the anticipation of a close season.

I'd much rather have the will he won't he saga than them say nowt for a week and then suddenly announce a signing!!!!

This site has been in meltdown today and at least we've had something meaningful to discuss.

He'll be signed tomorrow no doubt, and then we can all look forward to the next one!

You know....there's no pleasing some of you lot. Chill out for goodness sake!!!

If the club say nowt you moan...If they announce a possible deal that falls through you moan...they just can't bloody win!!!!!

I enjoy the excitement of a transfer and today's waiting is all part of the anticipation of a close season.

I'd much rather have the will he won't he saga than them say nowt for a week and then suddenly announce a signing!!!!

This site has been in meltdown today and at least we've had something meaningful to discuss.

He'll be signed tomorrow no doubt, and then we can all look forward to the next one!

Agreed. This is what being a football fan is all about. Speculation; rumour; opinion about players we have never seen - it all adds to the pot. Football is unpredictable and signing players even more so.

We almost broke the record for online users today. The last record was set in the final hours of the January transfer window. That should tell us that what has happened today is what most fans really want. And that isn't matter of fact statements after the event.