Goal Celebration And Entrance Music

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entrance song. I like the idea of 'For whom the bell tolls', it would make an excellent hair raising entrance.

Goal scored. If 'Glad all over' makes an appearance in any shape or form then I'll be stopping in on Saturday's. Port Vale makes that a complete no go. All I'd request is that maybe we start to have some interaction with the tannoy like the Germans do. Not exactly hard to do, but pretty enjoyable.

Entrance music either Fanfare for the Common Man, Kashmir or Start Me Up

Goal music not bothered

But definately get rid of the Bongo song, it drives my Dad mad he is pretty cool for an 84 year old (likes Stones, Hendrix etc)

:headbang::mainstand:

for goal celebrations i like whatever it is theyre playing at the euros.

they're playing a load of different ones. i found it really funny last night, pirlo scored and the italians went mental, then they started to die down after the initial roar so the PA put the song on then! must have been about 30seconds later!

the tune is unique to the club.

Forget moving with the times, this is what our entrance music has to be. The only two songs that fit this bill are Mouldy Old Dough and Fanfare for the Common Man*.

*Don't Leeds use this or at least used to? But they're not common men...they're just common...barely.

Entrance has to be Mouldy Old Dough for the sake of tradition and because, as far as I know, the tune is unique to the club.

Forget moving with the times, this is what our entrance music has to be. The only two songs that fit this bill are Mouldy Old Dough and Fanfare for the Common Man*.

*Don't Leeds use this or at least used to? But they're not common men...they're just common...barely.

:applause1:

Anything which has been in the charts anytime recently gets a big thumbs down from me.

Not keen on that Guns of Navarone either.....although I wouldnt mind it seeing as it's popular with many.

Hopefully class will prevail and we will get the two mentioned above!

Why not set up a proper poll with all the suggestions mentioned more than once/twice as options??????

Leeds played the music from Mean Machine, it was tosh (though it clearly fired our boys up...).

:applause1:

Anything which has been in the charts anytime recently gets a big thumbs down from me.

Not keen on that Guns of Navarone either.....although I wouldnt mind it seeing as it's popular with many.

Hopefully class will prevail and we will get the two mentioned above!

Why not set up a proper poll with all the suggestions mentioned more than once/twice as options??????

The thing with Guns of Navarone is that it is something that I'm sure no-one else uses so that we could make it our own. I can't believe all the people suggesting music from other clubs!

Hadn't really heard of Guns of Navarone until I checked it out on YouTube just before. It's pretty darn good. I also have a great image of everyone dancing around singing the tune when we score away from home, that would look and sound awesome.

You could always use the classical version of 'Guns' as Entrance music, with some studio genius mixing in the specials version after a few blasts of some military brass. In the same way the ELP version of fanfare works.

If not for me 'Fanfare' was and always will be associated with some great 'pinch me' times at BP so I'd always go for that...

I've been on the 'Guns' for goal celebration song since it was first talked about last year, it's about time we made a song our own.

Hate the bongo song. For me tunes at a football game (before, halftime) should be pub jukebox! The kind of tunes that the wedding dj puts on around 11pm once the bar has been hammered.

So why not get HMV to send down the 101 pub jukebox hits album and then we can have a sing-a-long

Entrance or Goal - The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (works well at the world cup)

Goal - Glad all Over / Planet Funk - Chase the sun (darts)

Ive listened to that - The Specials - Guns of Navarone - and i cant imagine it being good at all

We already have one......Mouldy Old Dough!

True but for me Mouldy Old Dough isn't entrance/goal music and that's what we are talking about.

But it certainly should continue to be played in the 15 mins or so before the entrance....also why wait until we've won and are on the way out of the ground before playing Boys in Blue (and the Roger rap) :wink: ?? Taking the debate a bit wider than entrance and goal music granted.

Edited by lookers87

True but for me Mouldy Old Dough isn't entrance/goal music and that's what we are talking about.

It isn't goal music but it is entrance music, as there is no reason why the latter has to be epic stuff, just unique. City fans I know tell me that when they play that slowed down version of Blue Moon when they're about to kick off at home, the effect can be spine tingling. Mouldy Old Dough is, similarly, uniquely our own.

It's tribal, like it should be.

It isn't goal music but it is entrance music, as there is no reason why the latter has to be epic stuff, just unique. City fans I know tell me that when they play that slowed down version of Blue Moon when they're about to kick off at home, the effect can be spine tingling. Mouldy Old Dough is, similarly, uniquely our own.

It's tribal, like it should be.

Seconded, Hartlepool play Two Little Boys and that's hardly a song that's going to fire you up...

My definitive, top 10 of adrenaline rush music I listen to before I get my teeth knocked in.

Massive Attack - Teardrop -

Led Zep - Kashmir - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiLatZeb0qs

Massive Attack - Angel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsHNkAJBDU

Binary Finary - 1999 (Gouryella remix) [listen from 1:10] -

The Chemical Brothers - The Private Psychedelic Reel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krx3aenDtYA

Metallica - St. Anger - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbuk96kW9LM

Slipknot - Duality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps7AM8HbjE

Pendulum - Showdown - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbVdsYQ5FQ

The Subways - Rock & Roll Queen -

Kanye West - Jesus Walks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFKPd_TRVC8

After listening to that lot, I'm buzzing so much I don't feel a thing...