What are you listening to at this moment?

having gone through my "cramps" albums and boots,i've decided to twirl :

ELO- "out of the blue" album.

its one of those albums that some people have but are afraid to admit it ...its a bloody classic!

That's two of us not afraid. B)

It'll get your vocal chords exercised in readiness for tomorrow. :grin:

Uriah Heep - The Magicians Birthday

Still a great album 37 years later.

Am i right in thinking that This is Spinal Tap was based on them?

not sure ..they have virtually every heavy rock/metal band in there i'd say!

i know comic strip presents:"bad news"(ade edmundson + rik mayall etc) name checked them in the first episode though.

oh..they are recording a new album..

(tap that is, not the heep!)

The Infadels - We are Not the DJ's. - the best DJ Mix I have heard for bloomin years - and it is a free Download...

Just superb - techno, rock, more techno, PM Dawn, Bloc Party, Bon Jovi, and a bit more techno. The best mix of this type I have heard since 2ManyDJs.... Infact, anything the Infadels do is simply class...

Download it here: Direct to zShare to Download or have a look here Infadels home page

I saw the infidels live at the Apollo a couple of years ago, they were supporting the truly excellent Chemical Brothers.

Quality. Thier music has changed a bit from thier first album - a lot less acidy and more rocky, but just as brilliant. Strongly recommend everything they have done. However in the meantime they have become superb DJ's.

Check out that Mix Rummy - i'm sure you will really enjoy it. If you have ever seen the Chems do a DJ set, it is very similar :)

I saw the infidels live at the Apollo a couple of years ago, they were supporting the truly excellent Chemical Brothers.

I also saw them as a support at the apollo. I think they were supporting Hard-Fi (when they were goodish - first album) in 2006.

Have to say however, i couldn't stand them! :)

Edited by ste1987

LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations (Tiga Remix)

Now that my friend is a :censored: ing quality record. Was at fabric a couple of months back and ricardo villalobos played the vocal on loop for literally half an hour over everything he played.. Then whacked that version on to finish. Just awesome.

I was when trance was good. Circa 1996-1999. Van Dyk was never good. Well, except 45 RPM which is a pretty brilliant album - but not really trance.

Agree with you when you say Trance was good/at its best between 96 - 99. I got into it majorly in 98 listening to stuff from 95 onwards. The CD Paul Oakenfold - Resident. Two Years Of Oakenfold At Cream was probably the pinnacle for me. Thought it started going too hard around 02.

As for your quote " Van Dyk was never good " WTF !!!!!!!!! He isn't a Trance DJ, give you that...you can't categorize him other than he plays/makes electronic music.

Edited by Yard Dog