Latics move back on the agenda

Looks like the bottom falling out of the housing market may have a significant effect on the proposed development of BP ! I understand Latics' owners have been speaking to Tameside Council about a possible move to Ashton !!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... Housing market on the slide, Hotels on the other hand.

Is it a secret that they are suppost to own land in Tameside :lipsrsealed2:

they also own land here in israel ,simon's c brother lives here ,so how about moving over here ,at least i can watch them :disappointed: dream on

Looks like the bottom falling out of the housing market may have a significant effect on the proposed development of BP ! I understand Latics' owners have been speaking to Tameside Council about a possible move to Ashton !!

i heard they were looking at somewhere off broadway again.......due to the arse falling out of the housing market and land now being considerable cheaper....

once built move in and flatten bp until the market increases where they will then sell the land off for more money and cover the cost of the new build...

all depends who you listen too

This is more than a rumour, though they're just talking at the moment. Looks like they are looking into developing the Curzon Ashton ground, increasing the capacity to around 15,000. Boundary Park to Richmond Park !

This is more than a rumour, though they're just talking at the moment. Looks like they are looking into developing the Curzon Ashton ground, increasing the capacity to around 15,000. Boundary Park to Richmond Park !

It's more built up round there than BP!

Surely the costs would be significantly more to do that, than to build one stand at BP. The rest could, I'm sure, wait until the market recovers.

Edited by danoafc

Can't see that one somehow.

It would certainly increase our fan base though.

Can't see that one somehow.

It would certainly increase our fan base though.

How so? I've always thought that the bedrock of our support was from people within a mile or two of the ground, although of course there are lots who come from all over. People aren't just going to become Latics fans because we move to nearer them.

Not if the council help, instead of hinder the plans!

Does this mean that a derilict BP site could be let out free of charge to the travelling community for a couple of years? The phrase, "be careful what you wish for," would spring to mind.

Does this mean that a derilict BP site could be let out free of charge to the travelling community for a couple of years? The phrase, "be careful what you wish for," would spring to mind.

would be poetic justice though wouldnt it lol

I don't get why moving away from BP would suddenly give us money to build a new stadium? If we don't have money to start rebuilding now (even though we are knocking down) why would we suddenly have money to do it somewhere else? :huh:

because unlike oldham coincil tamside may want us and offer grants etc

Theres a reason why we are called OLDHAM Athletic its because we are in OLDHAM so moving to Ashton would probably decrease attendance for a start then it would annoy many fans plus this seems doubtful anyway.

LOL. Nice one. You can imagine old Jimmy Flyn and his tribe of cauliflower eared, erh, 'family' going to the local pubs and chippy. Then there's the circus once a year! And car boots!

Personally, I've never seen anything wrong with moving to the border or just over it. Lots of fans in Tameside and I can't see why we can't become Oldham and Tameside, like Brighton and Hove. A move to Curzon is also quite close to the motorway, which is good for access and business. It would still need all those extras like the hotel. After all, one of the main reasons for development, apart from the poor state of the ground, is to bring on extra streams of income.

How so? I've always thought that the bedrock of our support was from people within a mile or two of the ground, although of course there are lots who come from all over. People aren't just going to become Latics fans because we move to nearer them.

Tameside is the only council in Greater Manchester not to have a football league side in its boundaries.

I live and work in Tameside and know that there are more Latics fans in Tameside than people may think, plus the local interest would be enormous!

Personally I hope things go to plan and work on the existing site but if an alternative was to be found then Tameside in my mind would be the next best thing, especially with the Ashton bypass and the excellent transport links coming into fruition.

Personally, I've never seen anything wrong with moving to the border or just over it. Lots of fans in Tameside and I can't see why we can't become Oldham and Tameside, like Brighton and Hove. A move to Curzon is also quite close to the motorway, which is good for access and business. It would still need all those extras like the hotel. After all, one of the main reasons for development, apart from the poor state of the ground, is to bring on extra streams of income.

I had to google it to find out where it was, I never really had much cause to go round that way. It would be a bit of a hike for an awful lot of people, although if the 409 goes by that way it wouldn't be all that bad for me. Anyway, I'll worry about that when it happens.

ive also heard that ronaldo is stalling at united due to this and ronaldinho already knows and he thinks hes having talks with us due to this move but really its city blagging him. also lionel messi was seen at ikea and frank lampard was seen shopping on ashton market with a film crew in tow remarking on how much he loves the place and the excessively cured ham, he did call it old ham but that was lost in translation. its also been confirmed that housing market crashes dont apply in ashton.

ive also heard that ronaldo is stalling at united due to this and ronaldinho already knows and he thinks hes having talks with us due to this move but really its city blagging him. also lionel messi was seen at ikea and frank lampard was seen shopping on ashton market with a film crew in tow remarking on how much he loves the place and the excessively cured ham, he did call it old ham but that was lost in translation. its also been confirmed that housing market crashes dont apply in ashton.

Liar. I saw Lampard buying a black pudding not cured ham on Ashton market. He went on to say that the ham was too excessive for his tastes but he was hoping to find some tripe and cow heel.

Well I saw Paddy McGuiness buying a big screen telly at Richer Sounds in Prestwich on Tuesday with his ladyfriend who was rather easy on the eyes. He then got in a big black range rover and started talking on the phone before setting off whilst still on the phone!!!!

And this has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Well I saw Paddy McGuiness buying a big screen telly at Richer Sounds in Prestwich on Tuesday with his ladyfriend who was rather easy on the eyes. He then got in a big black range rover and started talking on the phone before setting off whilst still on the phone!!!!

And this has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I saw that bloke who won The Apprentice in Windsor last week, in fact I'm thinking of grassing him up to Alan Sugar because I've since heard he is supposed to be off on the sick! I'm not sure he knows anything about the stadium though................