Ex-Latic makes MLS all-star team

Named alongside players like Beckham, Blanco and Donovan in their team of the year - 8 goals and an assist in 16 games (sounds like a short season to me...). Received 28% of the votes for best forward in the league.

Hmm.

Just goes to show the true standard of the average MLS player.... He wasnt very good....

Just goes to show the true standard of the average MLS player.... He wasnt very good....

He's in the team ahead of the likes of Juan Pablo Angel and Danny Dichio...

Also, the all-star game is in the middle of the season.

MLB All-Star game next week, should be a laugh. :)

:laught16:

he was terrible!

did zilch until his last game before his loan was up.

scored 2 goals and was sent packing soon after.

even brian talbot saw how crap he was!

sidenote:

brian talbot was shortlised for coach of the season in malta last season...he won it season before.

his team won a UEFA place after finishing 2nd last season.

one that got away me thinks...

:lol1:

His goal ratio was decent.

Which goes to show how wrong stats can be. He was pony. I'd thought of the Yankee League as being around mid-Championship level in recent years, I may have to re-appraise my opinion. It's not wonder Beckham can cruise it over there when he needs Wes Brown to play two positions for him for England.

His goal ratio was decent.

Which goes to show how wrong stats can be. He was pony. I'd thought of the Yankee League as being around mid-Championship level in recent years, I may have to re-appraise my opinion. It's not wonder Beckham can cruise it over there when he needs Wes Brown to play two positions for him for England.

It is bad, bad football... I think the problem is not the standard of players, some are pretty decent, however most of them are in cruise control... half the players are ex-european leaguers who all for some reason fancy a bit of the easy life... 16 games a year then the playoffs, in a league where the press couldnt give two hoots about you, playing in glamourous locations.... or the championship and 50+ games a season, press on your back, and away trips to Bloomfield Road...

Its a glorified retirement complex and holiday park mixed into one.... but hey, if I was a 30 year old chmapionship player coming to the end of my contract, there would only be one place I would be looking for a trial...

Named alongside players like Beckham, Blanco and Donovan in their team of the year - 8 goals and an assist in 16 games (sounds like a short season to me...). Received 28% of the votes for best forward in the league.

Hmm.

I reckon Diego Cervero would be a big success over there.

Kenny Cooper this year.....It was Eddie Johnson last year...you may remember the name, he was the guy we "missed out on" who then went to Bradford City....and then they went down. He went off to the USA and "succeeded" over there like Cooper has now. As has been said, there is "some" talent over there but not much. And most of it usually heads over here. Be interesting to see if Freddy "teenage sensation" Adu ends up in Europe....it was funny when I caught a game on the internet not long ago. The MLS players have realised how to treat Freddy....boot the :censored: out of him. This made him into a very average player and so this wonderkid possibly won't make it now as teams will just rough him up and take him out of the game.

Back to Kenny though...it does make you wonder how he scored two for us as he was a bit bobbins. But then, most players were under Talbot and maybe the lad does have "some" talent. Not one we'll cry over though.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Im sure Freddy Adu is now at Benfica. He came on against England in that friendly with the USA didnt he and played crap as did Eddie Johnson. Because America is what it is i think they get very over hyped, i think you'd find far more talent in places like Korea and Japan partly because they have a far healthier diet

There were a lot of rumours that Adu wasn't quite so much of a kid as he was made out to be, possibly quite a few years older than he admitted to, which obviously helped make him look more amazing than he was. How many kids who are good enough to be famous at 14 make it through anyway? Joe Cole is the only one I can think of and it took years of graft for him to really be effective at the top level.

Meh. Some ex loanee of ours is in the all-star MLS team this is not surprising considering that apart from the high profile names a lot of the MLS players would love to come to England where they can get paid a bit more due to salary caps. LA Galaxy actually had to play two guys from the administration department in a game (probably a reserve game) because of injuries, salary caps, and league rules about people not playing so many minutes in a week if under a certain age. Plus if its anything like the Baseball all-stars where every club has to have at least one then maybe he's the best from his bad team. However, if I was a player of a certain age in this country and I fancied getting paid the same for a lot less work then I would head to the states and Canada too. The good American's end up in Europe before long leaving only the dross and those more interested in getting paid so its not too much of a surprise to see someone from our level get this 'accolade'.

Plus having seen the standard of Maltese football when i was on holiday there over easter the fact that Brian Talbot gets his team into Uefa isn't a surprise most of them would stuggle to get into Staylvagas's team. Plus I'm well gutted that I've only found out that Talbot was in Malta now, as if I had known he might have gottem some abuse of me.

Im sure Freddy Adu is now at Benfica. He came on against England in that friendly with the USA didnt he and played crap as did Eddie Johnson. Because America is what it is i think they get very over hyped, i think you'd find far more talent in places like Korea and Japan partly because they have a far healthier diet

Lol...wait on....just realised what I've done....the game I was watching was USA vs Argentina at the NY Giants stadium....lol...oh well! Having watched a few MLS games, I'd got it mixed up....MLS is good for watching plenty of players getting kicked up in the air though, so I'll stand by that comment :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Villareal have took a gamble on a young US striker from what i have seen he looks good and unlike Adu there is not alot of Hype. Plus Villareal have a reputation for taking players who careers have stalled and turning them into match winners.

There were a lot of rumours that Adu wasn't quite so much of a kid as he was made out to be, possibly quite a few years older than he admitted to, which obviously helped make him look more amazing than he was. How many kids who are good enough to be famous at 14 make it through anyway? Joe Cole is the only one I can think of and it took years of graft for him to really be effective at the top level.

I seem to remember Jermaine Pennant getting a big money move to Arsenal when he was 15 I think.