Are you looking forward to a bLeating on saturday lads?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on the LMA website they give these reasons for why the win was so good:

"Leeds were in immense form prior to the game. They had not lost one game starting the season and Jermaine Beckford was on fire. They had beaten perhaps one of the best teams in Europe- Chester in the Carling cup and the quality of Beckfords goals had stirred up discussion not only in the championship but by premier league fans too.

Seemingly on paper, Leeds have the best team in the league, and play passing football as opposed to Dennis Wise's hoofball and had been looking very good. Most of the Leeds fans, especially their teletext watching Spanish contingent had been fully expecting a 4-0 win, but poor little David Oldham pulled off the average performance of their life with 2 scrappy and sublime goals to pull off a lucky and freak result beating the league 1 winners elect, Goliath Leeds and so deservingly get the performance of the week award".

Bloody brilliant that!!

:grin::laught16:

As spainboys not about I'll do the honours

Yeovil leeds

goals 1 1

poss 53 47

on target 5 3

off traget 2 4

corners 8 2

fouls 15 14

yellow crds 4 4

and finally Hughes 3 Beckford 1

what you saying mark..

leeds actually lost because they had lost on possesion,corners,shots on target that they don't deserve their one point they scrapped??

out of order!

:grin:

This may have been mentioned already. I haven't got Latics World but I've just watched the clip on the OS of Shez on Tommy Wright. Shez thinks Tommy went out in Leeds after the game wearing his Oldham shirt - brilliant! :laught16:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...,,10337,00.html

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Good to see this one has kept ticking over... BigFinn and myself don't need to check football forums to know what Leeds fans thought of the game, as we put our best Yaaaaarwkshire accents on and pretended to be a pair of them outside the Wetherspoons afterwards :laught16: Naturally it came easier to a Saddleworth boy like him but it was fun sharing their misery. Nearly as much fun as pissing over Norman Hunter's car door handle the season before.

Good to see this one has kept ticking over... BigFinn and myself don't need to check football forums to know what Leeds fans thought of the game, as we put our best Yaaaaarwkshire accents on and pretended to be a pair of them outside the Wetherspoons afterwards :laught16: Naturally it came easier to a Saddleworth boy like him but it was fun sharing their misery. Nearly as much fun as pissing over Norman Hunter's car door handle the season before.

That was frickin hilarious.... I loved your extended vowels, and also asking then questions like "We werent really up for it today" & "I thought Oldham were great - what do you think".... funniest were when we told 'em where we lived ... "You travelled all that way to watch that Shiyite" ... yes boys, yes we did... :lol:

Just on a note of going out in Leeds after a match - whatever you do dont go to the Hogshead.... it appears to be the home of the most inbred of all dirty leeds fans, after tucking my latics shirt firmly under my tracksuit top, drinking the fastest pint ever, and avoiding the flying glasses myself and Lees made a very hasty exit....

Hilarious though....

Just on a note of going out in Leeds after a match - whatever you do dont go to the Hogshead.... it appears to be the home of the most inbred of all dirty leeds fans, after tucking my latics shirt firmly under my tracksuit top, drinking the fastest pint ever, and avoiding the flying glasses myself and Lees made a very hasty exit....

Hilarious though....

Damn right. First time in my life I’ll be happy to admit I left my pint and rushed into the nearest gay bar I could find. We would have taken a kicking and a half if we’d have got rumbled in there.

Damn right. First time in my life I’ll be happy to admit I left my pint and rushed into the nearest gay bar I could find. We would have taken a kicking and a half if we’d have got rumbled in there.

In the Gay Bar or the Hogshead!? :lol:

.... Stella was on 2 for 1 though in the gay bar.... Nice! (beacuse everyone else was drinking strawberry daquri's or alcopops!)

• 1 month later...