Are you looking forward to a bLeating on saturday lads?

:lol1: 2 games in and you are looking at the tables. proves how desperate you really are BEARDY.

Hull City fans must be planning the Champions league already!!!

HAHAHAHA priceless, obviously reads waaaaay too much into reference messages!

You keep saying we are going round in circles you are the one that keeps defending your pathetic excuses, when there is no way on this planet, nay this galaxy you will win an arguement based on stats rather than the glaringly obvious truth!

Anyway, pull your pants up when you leave, dont want people seeing your spanked ass!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmer I think that last comment is the most sensible thing anyone has said on here (apart from me of course)

The better team ON THE DAY won.

ON THE DAY!!! Exactly.!! Keep that up for another 9 months. :titanic:

i thought you said, you outplayed us.

not very sensible...............prick

Palmer I think that last comment is the most sensible thing anyone has said on here (apart from me of course)

The better team ON THE DAY won.

ON THE DAY!!! Exactly.!! Keep that up for another 9 months. :titanic:

I said that on Saturday, "Today, we're are better than you" - :censored:s sake keep up. At least you now agree that the best team won on the day, we're getting somewhere folks.

I think you put your teams strength at around 75% better off than when we played you at Elland last. This tells me that you're really not that good at assessing the build up of your squad. Probably de-sensitised to the English game now. Anyway, it's your manager that's gash - just in case you don't know is McAllister. If you can assemble the outfit you've got ("it was a Wise team least year yadda, yadda, yadda"), be as good as you claim to be, and lose 2-0 at home - you're in :censored: street. And you can keep yer grubby mits of Shez and Tommy n'all.

But Harry didnt we win enough points last season to grab second spot?? Forget the 15 points for a minute.If it wasnt for them Forest or Doncaster would still be in this league.

Our acheivement BEFORE our deduction was to win enough points to get promoted. We won enough points to get promoted first time round.

I have so much confidence in our players to claim top 2. The chmpionship is just as hard but it took Birmingham one season to get back up and West Brom 2 seasons.

You have been stuck in this rut for 11 years. We wont be.

Whilst you prefer to add back in the 15 points, you fail to undersatnd that you started with those 15 points deducted for a reason (just as Luton, Rotherham and Bournemouth have this season) and that is that you failed to exit administartion in a way approved by the league. A rule that applies to all clubs now and Papa Smurf deliberatly went down this route knowing full well what the implications were. He then had the cheek to take the matter to court/arbitration. If you had exited administration in the way approved by the league, you would not have had as big a budget last season, as you would have had to pay back more of the debt, and therefore unlikely to have had the squad you did. So We will never know if the squad you would have had would have been good enough to have got those 91 points. Anyway it doesn't really matter now does it because like Satrudays result the history books will show you as being in division 3 in season 2008-09.

But there again don't let the facts get in the way of your statistics and moving goalposts.

"I have so much confidence in our players to claim top 2." Is that the same confidence you had that you would "rip us apart tomorrow" ?

"The chmpionship is just as hard" Really so the teams coming down from the premiership with their 2 year parachute payments are not at an advantage? The stats do not back that up (and we all know how you like your stats.) Go back over the last 10 years and see how many teams have gone back up to the premiership from the Championship compared to teams going back up to the Championship from league 1. I'll leave Prozac to fill in the details on that one.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. 100 posts yipeeeeeeeeeee. Diego here I come. I'll beat you to 7,000 posts :wink:

Iam editing this post as requested by one of the mods to hold my head in shame. I thought we would win 4-0 but unfortunately due to bad defending we gave the points away to an averave Oldham team.

Oldham need as many points as they can get to try and scrape 6th spot and iam glad that Leeds United helped getting them 3 towards their 65-70 total for the season.

Im sure Leeds same 4 defenders who were the second strongest in the league last season get a telling off and iam also sure they wont play as bad like that again.

Apology accepted, now go and be a good boy and humour them on the yeovil board ( your

next opponents if you dont know)?????

You are being a little bit too cocky at this early stage in the season.

Come back on here when you have got something to shout about.

P.S. 100 posts yipeeeeeeeeeee. Diego here I come. I'll beat you to 7,000 posts :wink:

Well done Harry - the first 100 are the hardest!

However, I'll do my damnedest to beat you - I understand the prize for 7,000 posts is to be pemitted to start the Zigga Zagga chant in the Chaddy. :grin:

Im bored of this lower league banter. You havent really given any valid points and you are so sad keeping this thread alive as long as it has done. Obviously there is nothing else to talk about,transfers,upcoming games, JPT, Carling cup rounds etc. You just keep festering on the win on saturday. Like I said before good for you. Its a big thing beating Leeds United. I would be happy too.

Oldham are the best and they are going up infact Oldham are the best team in Greater manchester.

Ill leave you to your sad little lives.

Mod, you have my permission to ban me. I didnt realise how sad league one forums really are.

Im looking forward til the end of the season to say goodbye properly.

How sad you lot really are.!!!!!

LISTEN!! Here is how it is.

We outplayed you, you outplayed us, we beat you, you beat us blah blah blah is now going around in circles and getting rather boring.

You beat Leeds. Congratulations. Lets all move on from it. At the end of the day its who is going to win the league and who is going to get promoted. You think what you want and you think that because Leeds played poor they will continue to play poor for 44 more games.??? Man Utd only drew at home on Sunday so does that mean they will end up around mid table by the end of the season?? No, they will come first or second. I really dont think Man Utd are worried just yet and Neither are Leeds. We are still clear favourites to win the league and at the end of the day I would rather have my team for the next 44 games than your team. And that its what it is going to boil down to, not one stupid defeat for us and a win for you.!!!!

Hehe it gets better. He starts to compare Leeds United with Man United.

Awwww, bless.

Im bored of this lower league banter. You havent really given any valid points and you are so sad keeping this thread alive as long as it has done. Obviously there is nothing else to talk about,transfers,upcoming games, JPT, Carling cup rounds etc. You just keep festering on the win on saturday. Like I said before good for you. Its a big thing beating Leeds United. I would be happy too.

Oldham are the best and they are going up infact Oldham are the best team in Greater manchester.

Mod, you have my permission to ban me. I didnt realise how sad league one forums really are.

My god, shouldnt you be called SPAINGIRL the amount of crying you do!

Even the wimmin in this ere Lancashire have more balls than you!

Spudboy claimed that his "super" Leeds team is 75% better than when we last met and 50% better than last season as a minimum.

But, anyone who knows anything about football knows that 50-75% is an utter nonsense. John Terry isn't 75% better than Rueben Hazell. The difference between top and bottom of this "lower" league (you might be bored of it, but that's where you are) is no more than 10% overall in any team, might be more in the prem, but the points differences are far far greater.

The only way the 50% works is that they only conceded 2 goals rather than 3 as they did last season, with a bit of rounding you could call that 50% better. Mind you the strikers were 100% worse, failing to even get the 1 single goal they got last year.

and btw spud, what were all those "shots on target" like? And why did it take until you were 2 goals down to muster the first one? None of them got past crossley though, so they didn't amount to anything.

You're full of crap spud, a bad supporter, a bad loser and no doubt, when you get the chance, you'll be a bad winner too.

Spudboy claimed that his "super" Leeds team is 75% better than when we last met and 50% better than last season as a minimum.

But, anyone who knows anything about football knows that 50-75% is an utter nonsense. John Terry isn't 75% better than Rueben Hazell. The difference between top and bottom of this "lower" league (you might be bored of it, but that's where you are) is no more than 10% overall in any team, might be more in the prem, but the points differences are far far greater.

The only way the 50% works is that they only conceded 2 goals rather than 3 as they did last season, with a bit of rounding you could call that 50% better. Mind you the strikers were 100% worse, failing to even get the 1 single goal they got last year.

and btw spud, what were all those "shots on target" like? And why did it take until you were 2 goals down to muster the first one? None of them got past crossley though, so they didn't amount to anything.

You're full of crap spud, a bad supporter, a bad loser and no doubt, when you get the chance, you'll be a bad winner too.

See the Times and the Telegraph articles for some good analytical reporting. Times also has Chris Taylor as player of the week.

Telegraph:

His Elland Road predecessor, another midfield artisan with an eye for the measured pass, was Oldham manager John Sheridan and in terms of ball-to-feet his current charges seem to have the got the hang of it rather better than McAllister's.

Times:

Alarmingly, Leeds failed to force Mark Crossley, Oldham’s veteran goalkeeper, into one serious save while Chris Taylor scored twice in the second half to make it a happy return to Elland Road for John Sheridan, the Oldham manager and former Leeds player.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Look at this self-confessed "dirty" Leeds fan I stumbled across on the holmesdale.net Palace supporters’ website:

spainboy 13 Aug 08 10:46pm

Dirty Leeds fan here(in piece of course).

Well good to see you are playing a third division Leeds Utd in the 2nd round. By rights you should be the favourites to go through and beat us but Elland Road is quite an intimidating place and we have a good team for this poxy division,50% better than last season anyway when we lost out to Doncaster so in theory it will be a cracking match and neither will find it easy whatsoever.

I think Derry will get a round of applause from our lot as he was a tidy player but bog eyed Wise obviously didn't rate him and got rid but he will get our knowledge.

It will be nice to test our improved league one team against a championship team as im pretty sure some of them will be playing you next season,unless you go up which is possible.

Looking forward to a great day and a good game.

Edited by spainboy (13 Aug 2008 10:49pm)

"50% better than last season" - It couldn't possibly be our new visitor, could it? :grin:

Well done Harry - the first 100 are the hardest!

However, I'll do my damnedest to beat you - I understand the prize for 7,000 posts is to be pemitted to start the Zigga Zagga chant in the Chaddy. :grin:

You can buy me a drink when you get to 7,000 Diego...if it hadn't have been for the 'Story of three words' you'd be miles away :grin:

Anyone want his email address??????

Legitimate posting vehicle.

Available to all.

Feeble sour grapes.

:sign0003::towork::sign0087:

But you have to admit the story of the summer was you bumping up your posts. I think I may have to raise this at the next staff meeting and there may be a case to reduce your total back to 99 :deal:

But you have to admit the story of the summer was you bumping up your posts. I think I may have to raise this at the next staff meeting and there may be a case to reduce your total back to 99 :deal:

I didn't start the story of three words thread, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned all those luvly Euro 2008 pics. :grin:

Just think how many I would have had if I'd joined in the 'Taylor on the right' debate. B)

Whilst you prefer to add back in the 15 points, you fail to undersatnd that you started with those 15 points deducted for a reason (just as Luton, Rotherham and Bournemouth have this season) and that is that you failed to exit administartion in a way approved by the league. A rule that applies to all clubs now and Papa Smurf deliberatly went down this route knowing full well what the implications were. He then had the cheek to take the matter to court/arbitration. If you had exited administration in the way approved by the league, you would not have had as big a budget last season, as you would have had to pay back more of the debt, and therefore unlikely to have had the squad you did. So We will never know if the squad you would have had would have been good enough to have got those 91 points. Anyway it doesn't really matter now does it because like Satrudays result the history books will show you as being in division 3 in season 2008-09.

But there again don't let the facts get in the way of your statistics and moving goalposts.

"I have so much confidence in our players to claim top 2." Is that the same confidence you had that you would "rip us apart tomorrow" ?

"The chmpionship is just as hard" Really so the teams coming down from the premiership with their 2 year parachute payments are not at an advantage? The stats do not back that up (and we all know how you like your stats.) Go back over the last 10 years and see how many teams have gone back up to the premiership from the Championship compared to teams going back up to the Championship from league 1. I'll leave Prozac to fill in the details on that one.

Cheers,

Harry.

Oh Harry did we really need a lecture on how we managed to get the 15 points. I think everyone knows FFS!!!

Teams coming down do have parachute money yes you are correct so it is a good job that Leeds have more money to spend in league one. Works on the same principle.

Beckford is the best striker in league one and was wanted by championship/lower prem teams.

Kilkenny is an australian international

Ankergren was one of the better goal keepers in the championship

Marques is an Angolian International

Lubo was brought in from Premier league Bolton and was a regular for them

Huntington is a highly regarded Newcastle Youth (ask anyone on the Toon forum about him)

Fabien Delph under 18 England International

Douglas, Republic of Ireland International

Andy Robinson, Without a doubt the best winger in league one last season,played for Swansea but opted to stay in league one for Leeds rather than play in the level above.

Compare that to what you have. your best Vs Beckford. Lets see who gets the most.

Oh and here are a couple of little tempters of our best striker in action

When youve watched the 2 clips will you please post me a youtube video of your best striker's goals???????????????????????

I bet no one will post ANYTHING!!!! GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx2UkwdhgYI

and here

Post yours please..im waiting.

Edited by spainboy

2 goals here:

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/l...1368719,00.html

2nd might be described as scrappy if you have the footballing acuity of stevie wonder

now, about those "best" striker goals. I think Hughes scored a few in the Premiership didn't he?

You're not very good at this arguing stuff are you?

Your super "look at my descriptions" team got beat 2-0. You didn't have a shot on target until 68 mins and 2-0 down. You didn't actually test our keeper. Pea rollers on target make the "shot on target" stats, but they don't get much more than an ironic "whooooh".

Now, go and tell us whata you thought of the game via text. Have you even seen Leeds play recently? Do you base your 50/75% improvement on u-tube and highlights? Do you actually watch live football ever?

Edited by real

What I thought of the game?

I thought we played woeful. That back 4 defence were second to none last season hence our many clean sheets but Saturday was just one of those bad days. We have played fantastic in pre season and Beckford has already bagged 8 goals in july/August. When the team as a whole isnt playing well it also affects individual performances as you well know.

By no means am I concerned about how the team will perform over the next nine months as I know they will be back winning again.We have the quality in the team.

Hughes may have been in the premiership but now he is not a patch on Beckford, infact the Oddschecker have put Showunmi and Becchio much further up the ladder than Hughes so I do know Beckford will score between 20 and 25 goals this season, Andy Robinson scored 10 last season more than some strikers so ive no doubt the firepower is second to none.

Mid table or playoffs is not an option.

Ps I still want links to your striker's goals from last season