tranmere

Pair of turncoats. :grin:

Sod that. I'm nowhere near ashamed to say I can't stand watching the national team any more. It's actually quite refreshing to see more people actually 'come out' and say it.

Such a contrast that so many 'Team GB' (oooh, hate that term) athletes put so much heart, soul and effort and come away with a good fill of the medals at the Olympics, yet the same level of heart, soul and effort hasn't been put in by an England team for over ten years. Says it all really.

Sod that. I'm nowhere near ashamed to say I can't stand watching the national team any more. It's actually quite refreshing to see more people actually 'come out' and say it.

Such a contrast that so many 'Team GB' (oooh, hate that term) athletes put so much heart, soul and effort and come away with a good fill of the medals at the Olympics, yet the same level of heart, soul and effort hasn't been put in by an England team for over ten years. Says it all really.

Two very average England teams reached the quarter-finals, then Semi-Finals of successive World Cups, how did we build on this? We allowed the press to hound out probably the best manager we've had since Ramsey........Bobby Robson. The result? We bring in a hoof merchant who fails to qualify for the '94 world Cup.

6 years on from Italia '90 sees us regain momentum by playing bright attractive attacking football, the best individual talent this country has produced in years thrives in this system and on a wave of footballing nationalistic fervour that was Euro '96 the game enjoys a rennaissance and the future looks bright. Then what happens? The FA allow another guy who looked to be getting it right (Venables) walk away and we're left with the bible basher who drops the one man who could have proved to be the catalyst for more success.........and ending his career in the process. Since then we've drifted from coach to coach and inglorious underachievement, culminating in failing to qualify for the Euros from a poor group. I think we'll struggle to qualify for the World Cup too.

As for Team GB, they don't earn £100k + per week, so obviously the hunger is still there to give their all and succeed.

Well done to them all, they should all be proud of their achievements.

Indeed. So it's about the money they're on then, no? And for their club teams they swan around the fúcking pitch looking completely disinterested?

Anyway, it looks like people are beginning to smell the coffee. All we need now is a manager not afraid to drop people who don't have desire and commitment to the shirt. Ah, that's where it goes a bit wrong, doesn't it?

Link to the change of date?

Our site is saying we are still playing on the Saturday and TheFA.com still has England at 7pm on the Saturday evening.

It says Saturday 6th September for Tranmere game on OS news today about ticket deal. As Andorra game doesn't kick off till 7 pm (live on Setanta), you can still get back from Tranmere in time (driving time about an hour from PP).

The game has not been moved which I personally think is very poor.

I appreciate that many people do not care about England (although I still believe that most would suddenly gain an interest if by some miracle we found ourselves in the latter stages of a tournament which probably makes them the same as glory hunting red ******ds -OK, maybe it does annoy me slightly :wink: ) but some of us do.

It is not right in my opinion that anyone should be asked to make a choice between watching England and watching their club sides.

I will be in Barcelona and so will miss one of our games of the season but this was booked before last season finished so it was a case of taking a gamble. It usually pays off, this time it didn't.

With a bit of luck, Davies will be a late call up to the Welsh squad, Fleming will get a Scotland U21 call and, along with Eardley's U21 berth, we'll have the three internationals we need to get the game called off.

why the hell should it have been moved??! It will only be moved if the match kicked off at 5pm or 3pm, kick off for england is 7pm, therefore all fans attending the game will get back home in good time by 7pm, so no need to change it. It is only an issue if you want time in pubs before the england game, meaning you couldnt attend tranmere.

England are crap anyway, croatia will thrash us and andorra will get a draw.

Edited by saddylatic

Bit silly to start with the main event of the day, aint it? :shock:

That's the gratitude we get. I contact the FA and Maddog sorts out the FL to arrange things out so you can have a beer before both of the other two games and there's nothing but grumbling :angry: