John Thompson

SMS.....Just been made available for transfer, either loan or permanent!

Clear the wage-bill! Rather him leave than we have to sell someone...

Just out of interest - did we sign that young kid we had on trial, was he from Fleetwood town??

Id rather have a creative winger and play Tayls on the right. Lomax is doing a great job and then Black could go in there

Taylor seems to be coping well enough on the left wing! IMO it would be madness to switch him now that he finally seems to have got the confidence up to play that position the way a right footer should do.

Definately dont think we have seen the best of Thompson as I dont think he has started a game for us where he was fully fit.

However, think this is probably the best move for him as in all fairness he could probably walk into the starting 11 of many other teams in this div.

Definately dont think we have seen the best of Thompson as I dont think he has started a game for us where he was fully fit.

However, think this is probably the best move for him as in all fairness he could probably walk hobble into the starting 11 of many other teams in this div.

Agree :wink:

Good move for the club and Thompson, it's just not worked out here. Definately hasn't lived up to the billing when he first signed.

Hopefully he'll be injured, suspended, playing for Ireland when we play his future club"

I feel a little sympathy for the guy.

He's either been "playing his first game in months" or injured at Latics.

Looked totally gash on the few occasions I've seen him, but I don't doubt he has a lot more to offer and I hope he finds first team action fairly soon. Elsewhere.

I feel a little sympathy for the guy.

He's either been "playing his first game in months" or injured at Latics.

Looked totally gash on the few occasions I've seen him, but I don't doubt he has a lot more to offer and I hope he finds first team action fairly soon. Elsewhere.

Agree with you O4U, i think he's been really unlucky with injuries since he's arrived & that's affected his performances. He looked average in the games i've seen him, but he was carrying a bad injury that required surgery so i is kind of explained.

I thought it looked like he'd do a job a squad player this season, in the side when we were bugger at CB; but if we can free up his wages (not cheap too i would i guess) for movement elsewhere, then i'm fine with it.

though it IS A GIVEN that he will have an absolute stormer when he returns to BP with another team.

good luck elsewhere John, thanks & goodbye

Thinking about thompson has got me thinking about the signings last pre-season.... Davies, Ratters, Norm, Thompson, JP and Ricketts... Interesting to think that 3 out of the 6 turned out to be absolute duffers, for one reason or another....

Got me thinking about the load of players that came in this season.... Whits, O'Grady, Maher, Stephens, Lee, Fleming, Williams.... I am massively optimistic that more than 50% of those are going to be decent additions to the squad... we will need them to be to sustain a promotion push...

I hope Shez has learned from his activities last season - with a budget like ours we need more than 50% success....

Not a whinge... but firstly an indication that some of the boys that have come in will probably fail, its the way of lower league footie.... lets hope not though!

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about a certain Lee hughes too.. suppose the jury's still out on that one... <_<

Edited by BigfinLatic

Shame for Thompson, maybe now he wishes that Tranmere had been successful in signing him, as he may struggle to get picked up with his injury record. It's difficult for any player to make an impact under those circumstances (unless you happen to be Lee Hughes :headbang: ).

Hopefully the player Sheridan is chasing is Phillips as he seemed to be what we need - but moving Taylor would probably be a mistake, unless Corney sells him off in a "dummy throwing" incident! :angry: