Hughes celebration

Watched the highlights this morning and I was very disappointed with Lee Hughes goal celebration. Clearly wound up the home fans by dancing in front of them. It very much did it on purpose. While I accept that Lee has served his time and I fully support Latics taking him on. He needs to rise above any sort of stick the opposition might throw his way. The best response is to stick in a goal.

Its a growing trend in football. Happens weekly in the prem and is starting to happen more in our league. For me inciting the crowd should be a straight red card. Very unprofessional. Football fans will always give the players stick. Its part and parcel. I think if Lee or any player wants to approach a couple thousands fans and give them a piece of his mind he should be ready for some sort of come back aka Millwall... Where he had to run and hide, not for the first time in his life....

Im sorry put he is starting to piss me off abit...you took a life mate...live with the stick.... I think you need to be whiter than white mate....your representing my club...I personally expect better from you... And I am going to tell him next time I see him...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the highlights this morning and I was very dissapointed with Lee Hughes goal celebration. Clearly wound up the home fans by dancing in front of them. It very much did it on purpose. While I accept that Lee has served his time and I fully support Latics taking him on. He needs to rise above any sort of stick the oppostition might throw his way. The best response is to stick in a goal.

Its a growing trend in football. Happens weekly in the prem and is starting to happen more in our league. For me inciting the crowd should be a straight red card. Vert unproffesional. Football fans will always give the players stick. Its part and parcel. I think if Lee or any player wants to approach a couple thousands fans and give them a peice of his mind he should be ready for some sort of come back aka Millwall... Where he had to run and hide, not for the first time in his life....

Im sorry put he is starting to piss me off abit...you took a life mate...live with the stick.... I think you need to be whiter than white mate....your repersenting my club...I personally expect better from you... And im going to tell him next time I see him...

True: at 31 he ought to start showing the maturity he evidently lacked in the past, as well as some dignity.

For me inciting the crowd should be a straight red card. Vert unproffesional. Football fans will always give the players stick. Its part and parcel.
What would you like, a polite handshake? Grow some balls, so what if an opposition player winds you up......like you said it's part and parcel of football. It'll be a sad day when players get booked for celebrating a goal, oh wait..........

What would you like, a polite handshake? Grow some balls, so what if an opposition player winds you up......like you said it's part and parcel of football. It'll be a sad day when players get booked for celebrating a goal, oh wait..........

is got nothing to do with his past, as you said other players do it aswell, and they havent done any time.

its part and parcel of the game (i dont agree with it) but im sure if taylor had done it , it would not have its own thread.

if you are happy hes done his time, why is it being brought up again, when all he has done is celebrate a goal.

• I dont like unprofessional behaviour. If it was Chris Taylor of Roger Palmer I wouldnt of liked it and would of spoke out against it. Like I have done before on this board. Professional footballer should not incite the crowd. I have posted twice before on here about the problem.
  • While I support Lee's right to work as he has served his punishment under law. For me he will always be a tainted man. His actions took the life of another human being. If he wants to work in his privlage job as a footballer repersenting my club then I belive he needs to act far more responsbile than that stunt on Saturday. It might not be a popular view point with some of you but people who have commited awful crimes against society shouldnt be surprised when society sticks it to them.

All I expect from him is to behave professional.... Not too much to ask I wouldnt think....

Edited by oafc0000

eeeerrrrrr...We scored 2 goals in the first half and celebrated them both in front of the home support,

Shall we tell the team they can only score whilst playing towards our own fans

Come on...there is adifference from celebrating a goal on the field and leaving the field and approaching the away fans, dancing a dance while staring at them....

BIG DIFFERENCE

oafc0000, if you only saw the highlights that I saw on The Championship on ITV this morning, I cannot fathom how you've come to the conclusion you have.

It was a VERY short clip, but it seemed to me that Hughes scored, went to the touchline as per normal to do his usual (awful!) dance, then kind of realised whose fans he was in front of and made a conscious effort to turn towards the pitch and celebrate with the Oldham players.

I agree that purposefully baiting the opposition fans is not very clever, but in this case that is not what he did.

Oh, and his history has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hughes is always going to get a bit of this due to his previous. It isn't much to ask that he doesn't do his idiotic dance in front of the opposition fans. I'm not angry myself, but if some think it reflects badly on the club then maybe he should run the full lwngth of the pitch and celebrate at our end.

On the other side of the coin, I love it when players do it myself. Any joining in with the crowd is fun (like Billy Sharp blowing kisses to us at a corner/Aidan Davidson having a shouting match with 500 people/that Baadiff bloke who now plays with Farsley or some lower division rubbish).

oafc0000, if you only saw the highlights that I saw on The Championship on ITV this morning, I cannot fathom how you've come to the conclusion you have.

It was a VERY short clip, but it seemed to me that Hughes scored, went to the touchline as per normal to do his usual (awful!) dance, then kind of realised whose fans he was in front of and made a conscious effort to turn towards the pitch and celebrate with the Oldham players.

I agree that purposefully baiting the opposition fans is not very clever, but in this case that is not what he did.

Oh, and his history has absolutely nothing to do with it.

You saw it differently than me... I didnt see any attempt to turn away... But if I did see it wrong then I have no isse... I will wait to see it again and will say sorry if needs be... But im pritty sure in what I saw...

Celebrates the same way after every goal no matter which teams fans are sat in the crowd in front of him..... as do most professional footballers.

warming up this year in front of Millwall fans ... wound them up, asked to move .. yet the subs warm up same place each game???

Never seen a player conduct himself on/off the field as well as Hughes in many years .... so what if he celebrates in front of a load of morons screaming murderer occasionally. So lets look at the morality of those screaming murder at a player for 90 mins ......

Hughes is always going to get a bit of this due to his previous. It isn't much to ask that he doesn't do his idiotic dance in front of the opposition fans. I'm not angry myself, but if some think it reflects badly on the club then maybe he should run the full lwngth of the pitch and celebrate at our end.

On the other side of the coin, I love it when players do it myself. Any joining in with the crowd is fun (like Billy Sharp blowing kisses to us at a corner/Aidan Davidson having a shouting match with 500 people/that Baadiff bloke who now plays with Farsley or some lower division rubbish).

I think as fans and as a player we all need to ask how that came across to the rest of the football league... A player trying to make a mends or a player who couldnt give a monkey about what he has done....

If I have reacted like this to it... A fan and someone who backed the club taken on Hughes, then how did the rest of the league see it ?

I think as fans and as a player we all need to ask how that came across to the rest of the football league... A player trying to make a mends or a player who couldnt give a monkey about what he has done....

If I have reacted like this to it... A fan and someone who backed the club taken on Hughes, then how did the rest of the league see it ?

To be honest ... who cares what the rest of the league thinks about it. I don't! He plays for a third tier club in the English league ... not really news anymore and so most have forgotten or don't actually care, what he as supposed to have actualy done. When he first came back into football people always stopped me and asked about him, how I feel about him playing for my team... now they ask how he's playing, will he be good enough to move up to at least the Championship. A few opp fans at matches boo him, but thats getting rarer and rarer.

... and you point of bringing this issue up again is ??? I believe that for most Latics fans, he's proved himself to be the ultimate professional since he's been with us, I'm sure his PA bigfin will be a long soon to add to this.

Inciting the crowd? What exactly did he incite? Did riots occur? Was there looting in the streets of Hartlepool?

Lots of people taking things much too seriously today. It was a goal celebration. He didn't go and piss on them. Sort your life out.

=)

Luckly the Hartlepool fans were more mature than Lee and ignored the pillock...

I care.....

Its called having respect for yourself and your club... Something I dont think people give two hoots about anymore....

I have a hell of a lot of respect for both myself, club in fact most things that I come across in my life ...........

Lee Hughes is just very old news, but some people just can't seem move on!!! [/u]