So ... What now?

So now that the NSM's stand has come down and all the sports hall at the back of the Chaddy is demolished. Well, what happens now?

I'd be willing to put a reasonable bet on b*gger all for the foreseeable future. There's a bit of a problem in the financial world you know

I hope not, i've spent the last few years taking the piss out of lashers fans because of the oystons lack of funding to give them four stands.

We are reaping the rewards of a lack of vision and ambition on the part of both past OAFC boards and the town's council and 'business community.'

That's why we are ten years behind certain clubs in similar towns, and why the town has got to the state it's currently in. Too much resignation and contentment with being, 'poor Oldham.'

Guest oa_exile
We are reaping the rewards of a lack of vision and ambition on the part of both past OAFC boards and the town's council and 'business community.'

That's why we are ten years behind certain clubs in similar towns, and why the town has got to the state it's currently in. Too much resignation and contentment with being, 'poor Oldham.'

Ahem , another week of :blahblah::spam2:

Corp you are clueless ! :dead:

You forgot to add "deceitful owners who will sell us off and run away with swag bags brimming with cash!!!"

So now that the NSM's stand has come down and all the sports hall at the back of the Chaddy is demolished. Well, what happens now?

The so called housing experts expect house prices to continue falling until 2010/11 The building companies which are left then, may decide to start buying land again, but this will only be costing them around 50% of what it would have cost them last summer. How long it will take to get to the levels needed to build the new stand is anyones guess. At the same time construction costs are rising, therefore the gap is getting bigger between the sale price of the land and constructing a new stand. I would think TTA may have to find another solution, if the stand is to be built in the next 10 years. Hopefully TTA will not be hit too hard by the recession, and can continue to fund us.

To be fair to the Corp he is having a pop at the previous boards of directors and council not TTA who talked about a new stadium for years and never had the drive to make it reality so he does have a point on this one. Only TTA have had the drive to push it through and because the way the world is at this moment that will have to be but on hold and take a little longer than first hoped.

How exactly is he wrong. I don't see a criticism of the current owners, otherwise I'd be up in arms too.

I'd only add the complacent, lazy or whatever fanbase. Where are the 10k from the Premier days or even the 'fans' we took to Everton? 5k for a town of Oldham's size is an utter disgrace!

Hopefully TTA will not be hit too hard by the recession, and can continue to fund us.

Yeah, it's just unfortunate timing is all. By all accounts TTA had lined up a buyer for the land at the time of the initial rejection but this changed considerably in the time it took to get it overturned. By then the buyer wasn't buying because of land values then plummeting.

It's simply a case on sitting on it until the housing market stabilises and improves and then they'll be able to sell the land to fund the new main stand. This will happen, but I'd guess at work not being able to start until the start of next season at the earliest.

To be fair to the Corp he is having a pop at the previous boards of directors and council not TTA who talked about a new stadium for years and never had the drive to make it reality so he does have a point on this one. Only TTA have had the drive to push it through and because the way the world is at this moment that will have to be but on hold and take a little longer than first hoped.

Not being funny, but you must've missed some of his endless incessent ramblings if you think that. Corps has laughed at TTA and their promise of plans. Often asking "what plans?" I am of the ilk that it is healthy to question. Sadly though, Corps doesn't do this but merely snipes and one minutes suggests throwing ridiculous money at a promotion chase and new stadium but then denies it'd be anything like Chris M****'s era of chasing the dream/showing "ambition".

Edited by boundaryblue80

Not being funny, but you must've missed some of his endless incessent ramblings if you think that. Corps has laughed at TTA and their promise of plans. Often asking "what plans?" I am of the ilk that it is healthy to question. Sadly though, Corps doesn't do this but merely snipes and one minutes suggests throwing ridiculous money at a promotion chase and new stadium but then denies it'd be anything like Chris M****'s era of chasing the dream/showing "ambition".

Can't argue with that at all; my point is based just on the one post; I think I was just a bit stunned at being able to agree with him so just had to reply!! lol

How exactly is he wrong. I don't see a criticism of the current owners, otherwise I'd be up in arms too.

Stick around. Or use the search facility. This isn't anything new from Corps. The bit above from him is merely a small slice of the ramblings in his mind. TTA are as guilty as the rest for our failings if you believe what Corps says.

Stick around. Or use the search facility. This isn't anything new from Corps. The bit above from him is merely a small slice of the ramblings in his mind. TTA are as guilty as the rest for our failings if you believe what Corps says.

I've seen exactly what he's posted in the past, and can't say I agree with much of it.

But......

a. I'd rather not play the man rather than the ball. He said something sensible, responses should be to that, not his history.

b. How is he supposed to show an improved or more enlightened viewpoint if we just go on and on about last year's posts?

Fair enough, he may have annoyed people, but reply to what he's saying now please.

Edited by bpmarko

Guest oa_exile

My "Point" earlier is that we have made ground improvements steadily over the years , in fact we have spent a fare few bob or two actually over the years on all the four sides of BP.

My point is the Corp has decided to forget about the past and concentrate on now which we all know is not fault of the Club, which is losing money and has been as long as I can remember.

It's probably help the discussion if people tried reading and responding to what was actually posted rather than just who posted it.

Lol...this would be a fair enough comment...problem is some of us know more of what Corps is saying/has already said. It isn't a case of "oh it's Corps...let's read between the lines"...we don't need to because we've seen what he's had to say. Sadly.

Lol...this would be a fair enough comment...problem is some of us know more of what Corps is saying/has already said. It isn't a case of "oh it's Corps...let's read between the lines"...we don't need to because we've seen what he's had to say. Sadly.

I sense a reference to North Korea arriving from the Corp any minute.......

Fair point exile.

Though I do think that people have occasionally objected to what they've interpreted from Corporal's posts rather than what he actually said.

I don't often wholeheartedly agree with him, but he does raise some interesting points now and then. And there's nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate occasionally...

Edited by garcon

My "Point" earlier is that we have made ground improvements steadily over the years , in fact we have spent a fare few bob or two actually over the years on all the four sides of BP.

My point is the Corp has decided to forget about the past and concentrate on now which we all know is not fault of the Club, which is losing money and has been as long as I can remember.

Fair do, apologies for my part in hijacking your point!

I don't think he has actually had a go at TTA he certainly didn't in the last post he blamed the two PAST boards not the currrnet one. Ive read plenty of the corporals posts and challenged him on his views he seems to puts the blame more on the state of football generally and that we are forever going nowhere.