Will we still be top tomorrow night?

I don't think Leicester are the real deal and defo beatable. However Colchester haven't pulled up any tree's and them going 2-0 up against Latics wasn't warranted. I'll go for a draw. As long as Latics beat Leicester at BP coming up, then our gap will recover. We've got to be knocking over the Hereford's of this division and so a good win Friday night will be the order of the day.

Sadly I think we're only keeping the top two spots warm for Leeds and Leicester, Play-offs are on though.

We'll have to be on our game throughout the season for sure. However if we maintain our start in the same vein throughout the season neither Leeds or Leicester will live with us. We've beaten Leeds away and if we beat both Leicester and Leeds in all 4 fixtures they're playin catch up. I think Friday is a must win game in terms of moral of the side and pressure on all those others around us as I expect us to beat Hereford, and rightly so. Another 6 points on our total going into the Leicester game will I am sure see us open a gap on them should we win. Whilst Leeds would also have to win their next three to hang on to our coat tails. Here's to the next three games and victories I say. That'll have um taking notice for sure!!!

Edited by Lags

I'm betting on a Leicester victory

Same here.

I have started my consolation betting process off again this year - I have not done it for a while. Rules are as follows:

Latics away - bet on a home victory. We either get some away points or I get some money.

Latics home - lay Latics. We either win or I get some money.

If we are in the hunt at the top/scrap at the bottom then:

Bet on closest rivals to win. They either drop points or I get cash.

Saturday was a good money day :disappointed:

Hoping to lose cash tonight, Friday and Saturday.

Given my hopeless record when it comes to the bookies - I hope I buy us promotion (donations to the fund gratefully received)

Even if we're not top after tonight, we've still had the best unbeaten start to a season since 1990/91 when we won 11 and drew 5 before losing in November. The previous record was an unbeaten run of 13 in 1952/53. We finished as Champions in both of those seasons. :first:

Tucked in second place woud suit me - no trophy at the end of the season, but no weekly pressure of being league leaders with all that .....er.....media attention and TV coverage! :mmm:

Colchester to win.....

They have been rubbish at home, sacked the manager then had a good(ish .... poor defending later on) result at the bindippers. Players won't need motivating for this one ..... a poor perfromance against Leicester tonight may set the pattern of the rest of their season. Already this is a huge game for a team looking to bounce straight back up.

we should have signed that dyer

Yes because we have:

(i) enough money; and

(ii) a complete rubbish left winger.

As for Leicester, my reckoning is that Kerrea Gilbert (on loan from Arsenal) is by far and away the best player in this division at the moment.

I think the way they have adjusted, they (Leicester) are the one I would expect to finish right up there (i.e above us).

Yes because we have:

(i) enough money; and

As for Leicester, my reckoning is that Kerrea Gilbert (on loan from Arsenal) is by far and away the best player in this division at the moment.

I think the way they have adjusted, they (Leicester) are the one I would expect to finish right up there (i.e above us).

Don't they also have Jack Hobbs from Liverpool on loan? - it looks like they are getting it right - so bring 'em on I say :grin:

Yes because we have:

(i) enough money; and

(i) he was available over the summer when we were signing players

(ii) who plays on the left when taylor is injured/rested? (ummmm)

sarcastic git

The good thing is that sometime early next week the Leicester manager will be awarded the manager of the month for September - which means they promptly lose their next game after that... which is away at BP :wink:

Leicester have not been shortlisted. :wink: