Changes for friday

Shez appears to be thinking about making changes for friday,i personally think he is right and a bit of a shake up is neeeded as we have not been playing at full throttle for the last 3 games!!!What changes would you make if any?I would make 2 on friday lewi and kelvin have gone of the boil a bit so i would bring byrne in for kelvin and davies in for lewi

byrne for stam.

o grady/davies for allesandra

give stephens a shot off the bench

on a side note, whats happened to maher?

Think stam needed the game and will be alot better on friday,yes a strange one he not been playing in reserves but being named in first team squad but not even making the bench!!!

byrne for stam.

o grady/davies for allesandra

give stephens a shot off the bench

on a side note, whats happened to maher?

Drop who for Stephens ? Allot will be captain so wont be dropped. Whittaker has goals in him and im sure will play well.

Its got to be Davies/ Hughes for me.

I think we'll see a Davies/Hughes partnership on Friday. It's no secret Shez likes that combo and Lewi just looks like he needs a little rest to freshen a little. I think that'll be the only change to be honest.

I was hoping Gareth Owen was going to play for them but it seems like he's fallen out of favour with Gannon after throwing a bit of a hissy when he was subbed. The likes of Davies would be ideal against Owen.

I would definately rest Lewis because he already looks a bit jaded less than a dozen games in. Ideally I'd play Davies as I think him and Hughes up top is our best combination. I can only hope that Davies has been a good lad this week and not upset the management.

I'd also give Byrne a run ahead of Lomax who's reacted to the pressure of someone breathing down his neck by putting in his least assured performances of the season.

There's no room for sentiment here. A point at Stockport is the least we should be looking for with their home record.

Davies in for Alessandra and Bryne for Lomax. I wouldnt mind if Lomax is still in the starting 11 though, but i think if we want to seriously go all out for promotion then we need to go with out strongest team and for me Lomax just isnt good enough defensivley for a promotion chasing team. Also having a left footed player playing on our left side would give the team a better balance. I would also like to see Mahor on the bench but wouldnt like to say who he would replace

Edited by Gemma06

I agree. Davies in for Lewis.

Give Stam a chance before shipping him out.

Agree. I'm surprised that Davies wasn't in the starting line up on Saturday after his hat trick in the reserves. I was even more surprised when Shez brought O'Grady on instead of Davies. O'Gradys ball control is poor, but he does get stuck in, whereas Davies would have brought on much needed pace.

I've always been a big advocate of not blaming the attack when it's clear the service up to the attack has been poor. In the past game or two, that's been the case IMO. The Allott-Whittaker partnership started well but has recently looked a bit static. Allott passing sideways more, Whittaker not finding the space the same as he was. I'm not saying that the two aren't working out and the partnership is doomed but just saying it's there the break is required IMO. Not with Lewis upfront.

I also feel Lids is struggling again a little on the right and I personally would love to see Shez being bold, if changes are going to be made....SO....personally, I'd be putting Smalley on the right and giving Whittaker a break. Use him from the bench. I'd move Lids more centrally; behind the front two, in the hole as I think he'll be far more effective there. And if it doesn't work or when we need fresh legs, Whittaker can then come on and wreak havoc in the 2nd half against a tired defence. A bit like he did vs Millwall.

I think we'll see a Davies/Hughes partnership on Friday. It's no secret Shez likes that combo and Lewi just looks like he needs a little rest to freshen a little. I think that'll be the only change to be honest.

I was hoping Gareth Owen was going to play for them but it seems like he's fallen out of favour with Gannon after throwing a bit of a hissy when he was subbed. The likes of Davies would be ideal against Owen.

So true ... he was never the sharpest turner off the mark

Davies and Hughes tho that is harsh on O'Grady

Bryne in for Lomax

Personally I would play Deano on the right

I think the poster was suggesting putting Stephens on the bench not replacing Danny/ex-RAT

I do think Alessandra will be rested on Friday but I'm not sure if Shez will start with O'Grady or Davies + Hughes.

I'm not sure whether O'grady has jumped above Davies in the pecking order or not given that he came on from the bench on saturday, or maybe Shez just felt that game would suit O'Grady more than Davies.

Either way they are good options to have, we have genuine competition for places all over the field at the moment.

Quite true - sure he will probably be injured by friday....

...leaving him to play that badly again when he gets in the side again in 6 weeks or so...

I would like to see Davies up front - he was left out of the reserves game that was postponed tonight which suggests he will start.

If Whittaker is fit then that may be the only change - however I think we should recall that Sheridan has said in the past that it is a lot to ask of the younger players to keep playing for a full season and I would expect to see Byrne come in soon with a possible rest for Lomax.

The Hereford home game is the intriguing one with both Greegs and Eardley missing - Lomax at RB and Byrne at LB with Eardley and Greegs back for the top of the table clash the following week - then it could be Stam and Lomax to dropout... and a more experienced team coming to the fore:

Crossley, Eardley, Gregan, Hazell, Byrne, Liddell, Whittaker, Allott, Taylor, Hughes & Davies :unsure:

I too hope to see some changes this Friday.

Assuming Whittaker is injured I'd bring in Maher. I don't buy into this hastily formed general consensus that he and Allot can't play together. It's based on an hour against Millwall! Maher will sit deep yes, but he really can pass well. He's a bit like Wellens for me and I can imagine him having a big part to play in the first team at some point this season. Choosing Maher would in turn tempt me to prefer Smalley to Lidds for his pace and energy. Then seeing as the focus would be on getting the ball out wide to Deano and Taylor I'd pick O'Grady. He's more suited to getting on the end of crosses as well as holding up the ball and getting it wide. Tough on Davies but horses for courses. Lewis needs a rest - had his last few games been his first few nobody would be raving about him. I'd leave the back four, although I haven't seen Bryne so......

Having said this who knows what is going on with Maher?

Edited by Stitch_KTF