Brett Ormerod Signing !

Yeah Davies can get 20 easy but I honestly reckon that the team as a whole can score more without him at the moment. It's not just his touch it's his inabilty/unwillingness to play in team mates. When Craig plays il always back him to score, but not his strike partner!! Poor decision maker to say the least.

go and do a bit of research into the hughes/ davies partnership..

i'll ignore the cliche jibe, especially as oafc0000 agrees with you lol, uuuuuuuuuuunnnlucky

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

Davies needs one or two goals and his season will start, when in form, he can score goals, its just getting him in form.

As for Ormerod signing, brilliant addition, will kick a few players up the rear-end while hopefully providing a few goals against some of the top teams in this divison, Leicester and Scunthorpe, while preventing a potential banana skin against Yeovil and Swindon.

Hugh's fitness is debatable and without him there isn't any, what you could call proven experienced strikers.

seems to me there is a question mark over Hugh's ability to stay fit and Ormerod is here to cover that situation.

thats probably it, although theres a little nagging feeling that it could be more of a replacement plan.

score 4 on Sunday, sign a very good striker on Tuesday.

love it!

got to be a potential permanent deal if he's not gonna get 1st team football at Preston.

isn't Ormerod from Oldham?????

got a feeling he is. if not, definitely this side of Manchester.

score 4 on Sunday, sign a very good striker on Tuesday.

love it!

got to be a potential permanent deal if he's not gonna get 1st team football at Preston.

isn't Ormerod from Oldham?????

got a feeling he is. if not, definitely this side of Manchester.

Blackburn m8

go and do a bit of research into the hughes/ davies partnership..

i'll ignore the cliche jibe, especially as oafc0000 agrees with you lol, uuuuuuuuuuunnnlucky

I wouldnt know where look, if I had the desire to do so. However I have many memories of getting extremely frustrated with Davies for making shocking decisions on the pitch and letting down his team, me and you as a result. But yeah he's won himself some glory a few times.....

I also remember many a comment saying no strike partnership had ever played so far apart and, linked to that, that Davies was constantly in the wrong place to benefit from the guile of Hughesy. Yes they got goals anyway, but that is because Hughes is 'The Dogs Bollocks'.

And im sure that both myself and oafc0000 are in a massive majority who would love a second striker 'similar' to Hughes, somewhat in contrast to your ill-timed cliche.

Club App (Gls)*

Accrington Stanley 054 (32)

Blackpool 105 (45)

Southampton 098 (12)

→ Leeds United (loan) 006 0(0)

→ Wigan Athletic (loan) 006 0(2)

Preston North End 062 (13)

→ Nottingham Forest (loan) 013 0(2)

He has a great middle name aswell.

Played in Forest's last two months with those 13 games though and helped them to promotion.

PNE fan I know just commented. Says he thinks we'll all be impressed with him. Runs his socks off and makes things happen if not for himself then for other players.

All in all, sounds like Warney, with a lot more quality.

I wouldnt know where look, if I had the desire to do so. However I have many memories of getting extremely frustrated with Davies for making shocking decisions on the pitch and letting down his team, me and you as a result. But yeah he's won himself some glory a few times.....

I also remember many a comment saying no strike partnership had ever played so far apart and, linked to that, that Davies was constantly in the wrong place to benefit from the guile of Hughesy. Yes they got goals anyway, but that is because Hughes is 'The Dogs Bollocks'.

And im sure that both myself and oafc0000 are in a massive majority who would love a second striker 'similar' to Hughes, somewhat in contrast to your ill-timed cliche.

the official site. although as you have no desire to check what you say i wont hold my breath. i will also assume the irony is lost on you in that you use a line like 'i also remember many a comment..' whilst attempting to do me down for using an alledged cliche?? fantastic way to turn something back on yourself! sorry to perpetually ignore your words but i wont ask you to justify 'ill-timed' it just seems so unfair in the circumstances.

PNE fan I know just commented. Says he thinks we'll all be impressed with him. Runs his socks off and makes things happen if not for himself then for other players.

All in all, sounds like Warney, with a lot more quality.

I like the warney comparison .... Hughes being supplied by a support srtiker ... take note craig lad

Agree with the general concencus that this is a good signing and that adding someone that has a decent goalscoring record and played at higher levels recently is welcome.

We have a good collection of 'decent' support players to Hughes, but there are some key games coming up against good teams over the next month. Now Leciester, Scunthorpe, Bristol will be hopefully looking at our team sheet and getting concerned about both our front players.

Not sure that Davies / Alice / O'Grady have that impact mentally on other teams. Hughes does, and I think Omerod will too.

Rumour of losing other players, cash etc. are just rumours. How do we know that PNE are not part-funding his salary etc?

Looking forward to Saturday even more now.