Brett Ormerod Signing !

Ormerod set for loan move

Brett Ormerod could be heading to Oldham

Preston North End's out-of-favour striker Brett Ormerod looks to be on the verge of joining League One promotion hopefuls Oldham Athletic on loan.

The 31-year-old, who has not kicked a ball in the first team this season, was believed to be at Boundary Park on Tuesday morning for talks with manager John Sheridan.

Ormerod, who has not started a game for North End in 2008, has been frustrated by a lack of football at Deepdale.

He was in the side when boss Alan Irvine took over last November, but started only three games under the new regime before slipping out of the picture.

He last made the starting eleven in early December when Preston beat Hull City 3-0 at Deepdale.

But since then has managed only five brief substitute appearances for the club, a total of 52 minutes play in 10 months.

If the deal goes through Ormerod could come into the reckoning to partner Lee Hughes against second-placed Leicester City at Boundary Park at the weekend.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just confirmed by SMS - signed on month loan

i would have thought this was the last position we need strengthening - unless we have injuries we don't yet know about!!

more than happy with hughes/davies partnership with o'grady and lewi on the bench!! - but hey - who am i to question shez

at the moment - he's doing a great job!!

As it's a loan signing I have no problem with this. Hughes is on form, Davies and Lewis less so, so a little temporary bolstering of our firepower is no bad thing.

This may be heresy, but if Ormerod stays for more than a month I'd suggest sending Lewis out on loan (to keep him sharp) and using Davies as our sub striker.

Let's just see it as a statement of committment by TTA and Shez that we're going full out for promotion! Loan signings of the quality of Jones, the extra upfront of Ormerod, mean that we have a very good squad to cover for injuries, loss of form (inevitable with any player) etc.

Here we go!

I think Hughes and Omerod upfront will be as good as any strike partnership in this division.....

i am delighted with this signing, if this does not show our intentions for this season, nothing will.

well done shez.

no matter how good we think we may be or how well we have played at times , we can always improve.

Doesn't take a genius to say someones on there way out on loan...possibly 2.

Hughes - No

O Grady - My choice, get to Cheltenham for a month and see if you can bang a few in and come back a better player

Davies - Just seems to be finding a bit of form, potentially a very good player in this division

Wolf - Never start a game for Latics again, so maybe send him to Macc or something

Lewis - Keep him here he'll learn a lot off Hughes and Ormerod

Edited by leeblue72

May well be ensuring an experienced head is around up front just in case Hughes has another tweak of his current injury. The front line is very inexperienced once you take him out. As has been pointed out we have a busy, high pressure schedule coming up! Seems like a good move, and I'd like to see Wolfy heading out on loan.

i would have thought this was the last position we need strengthening - unless we have injuries we don't yet know about!!

more than happy with hughes/davies partnership with o'grady and lewi on the bench!! - but hey - who am i to question shez

at the moment - he's doing a great job!!

1) Hughes is likely going to miss a few games this season through injury

2) None of the others strikers score

= your answer why we have signed Ormerod

Really happy with the signing!!! Hopefully it will be a good month and we sign him long term...

I dont buy into this idea that we might send player out on loan, more likely to show people the door to be frank.

Wolfy is just treading water here untill a opening in League Two or lower comes avilable, that or we just relase him and he goes off to do a physo course or something.

I can not see us letting O'Grady go.... My money would be on Davies to go and I wouldnt shed a tear either....

I can not see us letting O'Grady go.... My money would be on Davies to go and I wouldnt shed a tear either....

Given a choice between last season's top scorer and someone who Mark Allott reckons "can't trap :censored:" I know which I'd keep.

And yes I do realise some think Davies can't trap it either :wink:

Let's just see it as a statement of committment by TTA and Shez that we're going full out for promotion! Loan signings of the quality of Jones, the extra upfront of Ormerod, mean that we have a very good squad to cover for injuries, loss of form (inevitable with any player) etc.

Here we go!

I can't believe this move...only a month ago Corney was as good as saying if crowds don't improve we may have to sell a player to balance the books.

Crowds haven't gone up by any substantial amount and we go and sign Ormerod.

Surely a player or two will be on their way now!

I'm absolutely over the moon with this signing and at last we have a true front 2 but with TTA it seems to be they say one thing and do another!!!

Let's fill the place on Saturday and give Leicester a proper thumping.....Come on Oldham!!!!!!!!!!

Given a choice between last season's top scorer and someone who Mark Allott reckons "can't trap :censored:" I know which I'd keep.

And yes I do realise some think Davies can't trap it either :wink:

Pay your money, take your chance.... I know what Davies has too offer and to be frank I would let him go..... Attitude, work rate and lack of goals scored all bug me about Davies and I cant see him improving all that much.

O'Grady may well not be better but im going to give it the season before I start passing judgement on the lad. Porter wasnt great in his first year. I've seen enough of Davies to know im not a fan and I dont rate him....

Edited by oafc0000

I can't believe this move...only a month ago Corney was as good as saying if crowds don't improve we may have to sell a player to balance the books.

Crowds haven't gone up by any substantial amount and we go and sign Ormerod.

Surely a player or two will be on their way now!

I'm absolutely over the moon with this signing and at last we have a true front 2 but with TTA it seems to be they say one thing and do another!!!

Let's fill the place on Saturday and give Leicester a proper thumping.....Come on Oldham!!!!!!!!!!

Theres your answer...

But maybe not who we are all thinking...

I wonder if the next big shock is Hughes moving on ? Maybe the club are getting more intrest than they can handle and are making moves now ?? Possible...

Edited by oafc0000