Brett Ormerod Signing !

Pay your money, take your chance.... I know what Davies has too offer and to be frank I would let him go..... Attitude, work rate and lack of goals scored all bug me about Davies and I cant see him improving all that much.

O'Grady may well not be better but im going to give it the season before I start passing judgement on the lad. Porter wasnt great in his first year. I've seen enough of Davies to know im not a fan and I dont rate him....

Maybe Davies is going to move back into a Winger position maybe?

Just a thought.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Ormerod injury-prone?

Hope i am wrong but think this could be a signing to cover Hughes.

He hasn't been training so they wouldn't aggrevate his injury but he hasn't played 90 Mins for over a month now and i think he has a problem that will need surgery.

Like i said hope i am wrong !!!!

Let's face it , none of us know what will happen next, who may go, if anyone, etc. Let us enjoy the moment, enjoy the sense of purpose at the club, enjoy the anticipation of the future.

BTW, all this criticism of Davies - ok he's having a poor spell but his goals last season were welcome, and for those who have a go at his work rate, you obviously didn't see him in matches like Leeds away last year.

From Prestons website

Preston North End striker Brett Ormerod has joined League One outfit, Oldham Athletic, on a one month loan deal.

The 31-year-old has yet to play for North End's first team so far this season but scored a brace of goals in the reserves last week. Ormerod is expected to go straight into John Sheridan's line-up for the match against Leicester City this weekend.

Speaking about the loan deal Alan Irvine said: "As always whenever I receive a phonecall about a player I tell them about it, you might as well these days because there are so many people who will tell them about it in anycase, there is nothing to be gained by trying to keep it a secret.

"I gave Brett the choice of staying with us and waiting for his chance or of going out on loan for a period to Oldham. Brett is frustrated, he's a fantastic lad, his training is terrific, he has played in a couple of reserve games that he has asked to play in and he has applied himself absolutely brilliantly in those games.

"Brett's decided that he wants to take the chance of getting some first team football and obviously we hope that it will be a good move for him in the short term."

Looks like Ormerod wants to be here which is always a plus! Means he will be trying!

Althogh the manager does hint its short term

Given a choice between last season's top scorer and someone who Mark Allott reckons "can't trap :censored:" I know which I'd keep.

And yes I do realise some think Davies can't trap it either :wink:

He's got the first touch of a disabled horse but i still wouldn't get rid of him given how well he linked up with hughes last season.

Let's face it , none of us know what will happen next, who may go, if anyone, etc. Let us enjoy the moment, enjoy the sense of purpose at the club, enjoy the anticipation of the future.

BTW, all this criticism of Davies - ok he's having a poor spell but his goals last season were welcome, and for those who have a go at his work rate, you obviously didn't see him in matches like Leeds away last year.

I think the biggest problem with Davies is fitness, he's not played much football in the last month or so and it shows. Confidence plays a big part and if he could get a goal or two I think you'll see him chasing balls all over the park!!!

and for those who have a go at his work rate, you obviously didn't see him in matches like Leeds away last year.

Well I did actually.... Which bugs me further.... So he switched it on for a game against the biggest club in the division...what about the rest of the season ?? Goes missing far too often....

Anyway I dont want to turn this into a debate about Davies.

If Ormerod stays then I think any of the other forwards except Hughes would be up for the chop.... No doubt Sheridan is looking for the ones that respond....

Great signing! we are already the leagues top scorers but take hughes's 6 out of the equation and only alessandra has scored - over 2 months ago - from our collection of current strikers. That statistic is not good reading particularly for O'Grady (Davies has some excuses due to the fact he has been suspended). Think what it could be like with 2 quality scorers

Anyone else a bit confused by this? The only position where we have too many good players fighting for a position.

If he gets us goals though I can’t grumble.

Saying that I don’t mind Davies, he makes some silly mistakes but is obviously a talent and is difficult to defend against.

We might have got him on a free too. Probably haven’t.

Anyway I dont want to turn this into a debate about Davies.

So why post this?

"Pay your money, take your chance.... I know what Davies has too offer and to be frank I would let him go..... Attitude, work rate and lack of goals scored all bug me about Davies and I cant see him improving all that much.

O'Grady may well not be better but im going to give it the season before I start passing judgement on the lad. Porter wasnt great in his first year. I've seen enough of Davies to know im not a fan and I dont rate him.... "

Who knows whats going on behind the scenes. We know there's been alot of interest in Taylor with bids recieved and the way he's started the season we'll have had plenty more in now. Sure it's not January but they'll be clubs who've thrown there hand in early with promised bids. Hughes goals ratio is up there so again maybe one or two have looked. I think Davies was probably one of those that the club recievec some interest in along with the reported interest in Deano and Eardley. No matter how we're going this season come January our club will sell at that right price. I just hope Ormerod isn't here to be looked at with a view to moving into Tayls position come January.

I am not so sure regading this at the mo. I'll reserve my judgement till I've seen Ormerod play. We'll have no great height or ariel power from the punts up field with Brett and Hughes up top. I know Shez doesn't advocate the Ronnie Moore style but we do revert to it sometimes.

Anyone else a bit confused by this? The only position where we have too many good players fighting for a position.

For all our goals, our non-Hughes strikers aren't exactly banging them away...

Hughes: 6

Alessandra: 1

O'Grady: 0

Davies: 0

I love the mentality of the average Latics fan too, "HUghes must be off!", "Davies is going to be moved out of position!", "How much are we paying HIM!!!" :D

Don't look too much into it, just smile. :)

So why post this?

Because it was relevant....

it makes no sense to me that we would sign Ormerod unless it was with a view to sign him perm. We have no injurys so he is being brought in to stregthen the sqaud. Which means talking about who might leave as a result is relevant. I stated who i would like to leave and backed it up with a reason.

Is that okay with you ? Didnt want to hijack this thread into a debate just about how good or bad Davies is....

Edited by oafc0000