Brett Ormerod Signing !

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the official site. although as you have no desire to check what you say i wont hold my breath. i will also assume the irony is lost on you in that you use a line like 'i also remember many a comment..' whilst attempting to do me down for using an alledged cliche?? fantastic way to turn something back on yourself! sorry to perpetually ignore your words but i wont ask you to justify 'ill-timed' it just seems so unfair in the circumstances.

Eh?

:lol:

Perhaps his fellow strikers don't get themselves into the best positions for him to set up? Him and Davies are best buddies, I can't see him stitching him up.

After Davies humping Whitaker after the 4th goal Id say Davies is better friends with him.... unless he was gettin confused again.

Hughes, Davies and Ormerod - three of the top strikers you are likely to find in any 1 squad at this level and we question and suggest players are going, players are crap, changing the system etc - a tough month ahead - how nice is it for us that we have a 'squad' now who, even with a couple of injuries, we will not be asking the groundsman to sub for us and Chaddy to take his hat off and wear the number 9, or Ian Liversidge to name himself on the bench, or even Shez, Dux and TW coming out of retirement to play - We now have a 'little' strength in depth - Lovely situation to be in, let's enjoy whilst we can. Once Davies and Ormerod get off the mark -we have potentially one hell of an attacking force :D:chubb:

will he play in the fa cup 1st round ? or will preston not want him cup tied ?

The rarely wrong Chron says Ormerod’s contract is set to run for just over one month, taking in seven league games and the FA Cup first round. It's not like the Chron to be wrong very often, :unsure: so that reads as though PNE are happy for him to be cup-tied.

His 32nd birthday is on Saturday and he needs one goal to bring his tally to 100. Bring it on!

the official site. although as you have no desire to check what you say i wont hold my breath. i will also assume the irony is lost on you in that you use a line like 'i also remember many a comment..' whilst attempting to do me down for using an alledged cliche?? fantastic way to turn something back on yourself! sorry to perpetually ignore your words but i wont ask you to justify 'ill-timed' it just seems so unfair in the circumstances.

Having challenged myself to make sense of this, well, I have failed. But I still consider your 'they are too similar' cliche to be ill-timed (or innacurate if you prefer) when considering the prospect of Lee Hughes and Brett Ormerod playing together for Oldham in league 1. I have no justification - it's just what i think. Everything up to your last sentance was jibberish to me.....bamboozling.

If you choose to reply could you tell me what 'perpetually' means? I dont know and the thesaurus page wont load. Did you mean repeatedly? I hope not........because if you did......it was ill-timed! :grin:

Ciao!

Edited by Stitch_KTF

My view it's cover for Hughes and his testies with us having 5 games in 2 week there's not a chance Hughes will play even 3 of them. So I rec shez will stick with the usual 2 Hughes/Davies on Saturday change it for the brizzle game with it being Ormerod/Davies he'll probly stick with that for the swindon game then change back to Hughes/Davies for the Scunthorpe game at home. Davies could be crucial to the next 4 games we have this season so hopefully he breaks his duck on Saturday and hits form.

My view it's cover for Hughes and his testies with us having 5 games in 2 week there's not a chance Hughes will play even 3 of them. So I rec shez will stick with the usual 2 Hughes/Davies on Saturday change it for the brizzle game with it being Ormerod/Davies he'll probly stick with that for the swindon game then change back to Hughes/Davies for the Scunthorpe game at home. Davies could be crucial to the next 4 games we have this season so hopefully he breaks his duck on Saturday and hits form.

You could well be right there.....maybe we wont get to see Hughesy and Ormerod together.

FABULOUS signing.

No ifs or buts about it,the guy is a good player.

He'll be starting on saturday and i'm off to the bookies before they get a sniff and drop the odds..

2:1 oldham

Cannot understand the signing myself unless we have got him without having to pay any part of his wages.

We are the top scorers in the league - we have five (at least) strikers and Davies is coming in to a bit of form - I hope that he starts and bags a couple on Saturday but I can't help being a tad mystified at this one.

What about another midfielder - we don't seem to have much cover if Maher is the only one on the bench.

Expect to see oneor two going out on loan maybe.

The manager may be looking back at the Stockport match and thinking if Ormerod had played Latics would have taken their chances and won.

There are a few tight games coming up in the next month where taking chances could prove vital.

A good signing.

Cannot understand the signing myself unless we have got him without having to pay any part of his wages.

We are the top scorers in the league - we have five (at least) strikers and Davies is coming in to a bit of form - I hope that he starts and bags a couple on Saturday but I can't help being a tad mystified at this one.

What about another midfielder - we don't seem to have much cover if Maher is the only one on the bench.

Expect to see oneor two going out on loan maybe.

Strikers are there to score goals, apart from Hughes, they aren't.

Strikers are there to score goals, apart from Hughes, they aren't.

No, no not just that. Sorry....this view is a pet hate of mine. There is much more to a strikers job.

Wayne Rooney is Englands best striker is he not? Doesn't score many goals though does he?

As long as the team is scoring, and winning, I couldn't give a monkeys which, of any, of the strikers are scoring.

As long as the team is scoring, and winning, I couldn't give a monkeys which, of any, of the strikers are scoring.

Absolutely. We're among the the top scorers in the league. Does it actually matter how the goals are distributed? Hughes is well in among the goals as we know, but midfield have chipped in well this season with Lids and Taylor both on 5 each and Whittaker and Allott also in the mix.

Ormerod is surely brought in to cover Hughes should Shez want to rest him as the schedule cranks up a few notches over the next 3 or 4 weeks.