Jones loan extended [MERGED]

His performance on Saturday was amongst the most gutless I have seen for years. I never want to see him wear the blue, or Fluo Yellow, again.

So what about his performances against Stockport, Hereford (scored!), Leicester and Scunthorpe? Think they out-weigh his Yeovil performance.

His performance on Saturday was amongst the most gutless I have seen for years. I never want to see him wear the blue, or Fluo Yellow, again.

Lol.You`re quality!

Young Danny is far from gutless.If you`ve been going to watch `tics for years as you say you have then you should surely have seen enough football by now to recognise this.I`ve seen the lad play in all bar the game at Stockport whilst he`s been on loan with us & what I`ve seen he`s blocked goalbound shots with his body & made goalsaving clearances off the line on at least four or five times saving certain goals.That to me does not show a lack of having guts.

The thing I would say about Danny is he stands off the right winger a bit too much allowing the winger to get the cross into the box too many times(a`la Dean Holden),though Danny is clearly a winger/wing back filling in at Left Back.I`d love to see him on the Left Wing & Taylor on the Right Wing where I think he`d be better utilised.

So what about his performances against Stockport DECENT FOR 30 MINS, Hereford A GOOD HOUR (scored!), Leicester STRUGGLED and Scunthorpe A COUPLE OF GOOD OVERLAPS BUT DEFENSIVELY WORRYING? Think they out-weigh his Yeovil performance.

I want our players to be good as much as the next supporter, but I've not been blind to the fact that he's not put a full 90 minutes in yet.

Maybe he's a winger? If so he shouldn't be LB - we have better.

Reason for edit: cesky pointed out I'd made a cock of myself.

Edited by outoftheblue

I want our players to be good as much as the next supporter, but I've not been blind to the fact that he's not put a full 90 minutes in yet.

Maybe he's a winger? If so he shouldn't be RB - we have better.

I think you meant to say LB,but IMO & more importantly Shez`s we dont have better at LB otherwise he wouldn`t be playing there.

DECENT FOR 30 MINS - not bad only been at latics since dinner time, thought he played well for a lot longer than that

A GOOD HOUR - that will do for a game that was over after 45 mins

STRUGGLED - when? thought he played well against an excellent team

COUPLE OF GOOD OVERLAPS BUT DEFENSIVELY WORRYING - got done a couple of times but scunthorpe arent top of the leage because they sit back

Yes he had a bad game against yeovil but he wasnt the only one. It baffles me that some fans seem to think that footballers arent human and sometimes have a bad day at the office. Im pleased he has signed till Jan its a posititve signing for me

'DJ pens extended loan deal'

Was it just me that thought we had signed striker DJ Campbell when they read this?

Nope, from this very thread....

Hands up who thought for a moment we'd signed DJ Campbell on loan after they saw the headline on the fishul. :blush:

Me for one...

:wink:

Nope, from this very thread....

:wink:

Thats me guilty of not reading the thread properly :blush:

Have to say i was rather disappointed tho because the Danny Jones deal was pretty much a foregone conclusion and since when did we call him blummin 'DJ' ... fishal trying to be cool