My take on last night

very disappointed last night but not entirely surprised. The single biggest mistake of the season was scrapping the reserves, but that's been discussed elsewhere.

Thought the centre backs did ok to be honest, but the full backs were decidedly crap. Jones will never make a left back whilst I have a hole in my arse. And why (talking of Jones) does he have to wait for the ball to arrive at his feet allowing the defender to close him down, rather than attacking the ball?!

Taylor has done well this season, but he cut inside on almost every occassion last night making our attacking play one dimensional and highly predictable. No width until Liddell came on - and Smalley should never have been on the pitch in the first place.

The service recieved by Wolfy and Lewi was poor, and until we realise that lumping the ball long to two midgets up front (their centre back must love us) that isn't going to improve. Sounding familiar?

Maher impressed again and I'd like to see Kieran Lee play more of a role on Saturday if Whits is still injured.

Oh, and this is a note for Mr Hardy (and I'll be emailing him later), please please please never ever subject me to having to sit in that god awful RRE again where you either have to listen to scruffy middle aged pissheads who need to wash/brush their teeth more often, spouting :censored:e all night, or have to sit/stand/sit/stand/sit/stand with the 'terrace legends' (thanks for the tag, LL) who seem to want to prove how hard they are by giving the stewards :censored: all night. I wouldn't mind if said 'legends' injected a bit of humour, but chants of 'going down' and 'your support is effing :censored:e', well it was just cringeworthy.

Thank goodness I'll be back in my regular seat in the Chaddy on Tuesday evening.

very disappointed last night but not entirely surprised. The single biggest mistake of the season was scrapping the reserves, but that's been discussed elsewhere.

Thought the centre backs did ok to be honest, but the full backs were decidedly crap. Jones will never make a left back whilst I have a hole in my arse. And why (talking of Jones) does he have to wait for the ball to arrive at his feet allowing the defender to close him down, rather than attacking the ball?!

Taylor has done well this season, but he cut inside on almost every occassion last night making our attacking play one dimensional and highly predictable. No width until Liddell came on - and Smalley should never have been on the pitch in the first place.

The service recieved by Wolfy and Lewi was poor, and until we realise that lumping the ball long to two midgets up front (their centre back must love us) that isn't going to improve. Sounding familiar?

Maher impressed again and I'd like to see Kieran Lee play more of a role on Saturday if Whits is still injured.

Oh, and this is a note for Mr Hardy (and I'll be emailing him later), please please please never ever subject me to having to sit in that god awful RRE again where you either have to listen to scruffy middle aged pissheads who need to wash/brush their teeth more often, spouting :censored:e all night, or have to sit/stand/sit/stand/sit/stand with the 'terrace legends' (thanks for the tag, LL) who seem to want to prove how hard they are by giving the stewards :censored: all night. I wouldn't mind if said 'legends' injected a bit of humour, but chants of 'going down' and 'your support is effing :censored:e', well it was just cringeworthy.

Thank goodness I'll be back in my regular seat in the Chaddy on Tuesday evening.

Ooooh get you :wink:

you either have to listen to scruffy middle aged pissheads who need to wash/brush their teeth more often, spouting :censored:e all night,

You normally drink with us too :grin:

As a refugee from the Chaddy yourself, how do you know that these weren't also Chaddy-enders? :wink:

Sadly, as a RR-ender myself it sounds like just a typical game in that stand.

Spot on Dan...only thing I'd add is that i think Taylor got into the mode of taking everything on himself as nowt else was working. Well, let's face it, if we wanted to see midgets play with balls we'd all go to the circus! Then again........

Sadly, as a RR-ender myself it sounds like just a typical game in that stand.

All the super-duper claims about the RRE were proved to be mythical last night. Very disappointing and the only bonus was that there was no Arctic wind blowing in.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Yep, if they ever close the Chaddy again, Im going in the main stand.

I dont like sitting in the RRE, it feels unnatural. Plus, we have a 100% losing record when I sit in there.

The other thing aswell, in the second half we were attacking an empty Chaddy End. If we had someone in there it might have helped spur us on a bit.

Bit with only about 2500 in attendance I think the right decision was made.

Actually, they shouldn't have opend the main stand as the RRE could have housed all of the fans, kept costs down and had room to spare.

I'm not sure about that Tony. How much could the club have actually saved by having the stand shut? Turnstile ops - get in for free - stewards? Say 10 of so that's that? £100? Lighting, not having the ovens running in the food kiosks etc? I just don't see the savings could be that significant.

I'd also wager that a few more (perhaps not many but some never the less) would have turned up if the Chaddy was open.

I know, my tongue was in my cheek when I posted. - The numbers still add up though, the stand could have held everyone.

The sad fact is that out of a ground with only 3 stands only 2 thirds of the ground was open, we all knew that we weren't going to be breaking any attendance records last night, well apart from lowest of the season.

I know, my tongue was in my cheek when I posted. - The numbers still add up though, the stand could have held everyone.

The sad fact is that out of a ground with only 3 stands only 2 thirds of the ground was open, we all knew that we weren't going to be breaking any attendance records last night, well apart from lowest of the season.

I realise the Main Stand bit was tongue in cheek, I was referring to the comment about the right decision being made in closing the Chaddy - unless that was tongue in cheek as well?

I realise the Main Stand bit was tongue in cheek, I was referring to the comment about the right decision being made in closing the Chaddy - unless that was tongue in cheek as well?

and played quite well I thought.

Aye, I felt sorry for both of the lads up top last night.

Think Wolfy definitely needs a big/target man to play off - I think he's a 'fox in the box' type if you'll excuse the pun. I thought he showed some intelligent play in the face of having the ball lumped 30 yards to him all night.

All the super-duper claims about the RRE were proved to be mythical last night. Very disappointing and the only bonus was that there was no Arctic wind blowing in.

The Chaddy End is the place for me, you can keep yer RRE - I still miss the Lookers though *sob*

sit in that god awful RRE again where you either have to listen to scruffy middle aged pissheads who need to wash/brush their teeth more often, spouting :censored:e all night

That is one hell of a list Dan.................

And thats only the people you drink with on a matchday :grin:

Aye, I felt sorry for both of the lads up top last night.

Think Wolfy definitely needs a big/target man to play off - I think he's a 'fox in the box' type if you'll excuse the pun. I thought he showed some intelligent play in the face of having the ball lumped 30 yards to him all night.

We've been crying out for a big target man for over two years and still haven't got one...every time Shez has had to pick Wolfie the ball has been continually hoofed up field and he's been starved of ball to feet service.

The lad must be gutted and needs to get away to further his career.

Yes couldn't agree more Dan, its she-ite full friggin stop. Apparently a bloke I know e mailed Hardy and asked about the "consultation". It seems Hardy rang up a few supporters he knows (some of whom sometimes go in the Chaddy) and asked them if they though his idea was good. So Al rings his cronies to find out surprise surprise they agree with him, can't beat a bit of consultation can you?

Still thats 2 cup games we've been forced to move, 2 we've lost, coincidence I think not!! Did you notice that the players chose to run to the empty Chaddy End before the kick off, even they knew it was plain wrong to shut the Chaddy.

It was disappointing to go out, but at least its given the drama queens on here another chance to spout off about Sheridan.

Edited by StipeTripe

Yes couldn't agree more Dan, its she-ite full friggin stop. Apparently a bloke I know e mailed Hardy and asked about the "consultation". It seems Hardy rang up a few supporters he knows (some of whom sometimes go in the Chaddy) and asked them if they though his idea was good. So Al rings his cronies to find out surprise surprise they agree with him, can't beat a bit of consultation can you?

Still thats 2 cup games we've been forced to move, 2 we've lost, coincidence I think not!! Did you notice that the players chose to run to the empty Chaddy End before the kick off, even they knew it was plain wrong to shut the Chaddy.

It was disappointing to go out, but at least its given the drama queens on here another chance to spout off about Sheridan.

Aye. As has been mentiond in a number of posts, Lisa remarked to me on Tuesday that it must have been crap for the players attacking an empty Chaddy during the second half. Bag'o'sheite!