Roy Out

A cause much more worthy than Shez Out.

What a miserable sod, I wondered why people call for Crossley's head despite cracking performances (especially on the road), and now I know. Fine, maybe he made a mistake for the first, but no need to harp on about it for the whole game.

Well done boys tonight, cracking result.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a miserable sod, I wondered why people call for Crossley's head despite cracking performances (especially on the road), and now I know. Fine, maybe he made a mistake for the first, but no need to harp on about it for the whole game.

Got to agree. It does worry me that as an exile like many, the only live account we get is from someone who so easily and openly critisises a Latics player. It would be brilliant if we could coax an ex player to help with the commentary, to see it from a players perspective.

He has few favourite targets, but once he's started on a player, that's it for at least the length of a match. Miserable git.

Got to agree. It does worry me that as an exile like many, the only live account we get is from someone who so easily and openly critisises a Latics player. It would be brilliant if we could coax an ex player to help with the commentary, to see it from a players perspective.

Or an injured/suspended one.

He also has a couple of players he likes and will talk them up irrespective of how badly they play.

I agree with the idea of an ex-pro co-commentating.

By the way, who or what is Roy?

Not sure but I think Norm may have shagged his wife at some point...

He also has a couple of players he likes and will talk them up irrespective of how badly they play.

I agree with the idea of an ex-pro co-commentating.

By the way, who or what is Roy?

Roy Butterworth = the club's Matchday Press Officer.

Edited by pdw76

Shouldn't you really see what Roy moaned about before passing comment?

Not really. He had complained about Crossley ballsing up for the first goal (which may, or may not be fair), but continued to go on about it for the whole game. Not even about other mistakes made (if there were any), but about how he should've done better for the first, and how every time Walsall came forward he feared what would happen because Crossley is so garbage.

Think I read on here that people on chat were blaming Norm for the Southend goal on Saturday, wonder who told them it was his fault? On the Cheltenham commentary Roy berated Norm for the first goal...never his fault. But still...let's all have a pop.

What gets my goat is that LW is an official service from the club. As such, he's representing the club when he's commentating...and he spends 90 minutes slagging off the players. When SC did that, he was rightfully criticised. He should be too. It's not on.

Roy's alright. He's Latics through and through and perhaps the heart rules the head at times, but overall he's a good guy. There's better commentators, but Roy's probably doing the commentary for free. Try finding ex-players who'll go here and there week in week out. Down to Colchester on a Tues night?..not likely ?

Crossley..mmmm.....is it time for Fleming to be given a chance ? Probably.

I hear what is being said about Roy being Latics through and through but he is far to quick to jump on certain players' back.

After hearing his criticism of Crossley after Southend's goal on Saturday I could hear the knives being sharpened and feared the worst. However, after watching the highlights, I don't know what the hell he was talking about.

I've no problem with frank assessments during the commentary but the guy is prone to dwelling on the negatives.

I think he should listen to 90 minutes of his own commentary to show him the error of his ways. Just because he gets to follow Latics week in week out doesn't mean he has to be a miserable git. Oh, hang on a minute...

Could not agree more. I would be much more happy with other people doing the commentary.

In a perfect world we would have someone to be the play by play guy, basically just describing what was happening; and one for colour, preferable an ex-player (or even selected fans). I think that would work well, and an ex-player is much less likely to jump on a single mistake from a player and crucify them for the whole match.

As someone who goes to every game, and even watches the team in training, Roy Butterworths opinion on players is far more likely to be accurate than someone who tunes in to LW for the game.

Even as a fan of Crossley, I have to agree with Roy - he's made some terrible mistakes this season (Yet he's also saved the points a few times).

What won't help Norm's case is the fact that he had a go at the moaners in the Chron, and then gave them every reason for having a go back by another major gaffe.

As someone who goes to every game, and even watches the team in training, Roy Butterworths opinion on players is far more likely to be accurate than someone who tunes in to LW for the game.

Even as a fan of Crossley, I have to agree with Roy - he's made some terrible mistakes this season (Yet he's also saved the points a few times).

What won't help Norm's case is the fact that he had a go at the moaners in the Chron, and then gave them every reason for having a go back by another major gaffe.

It just adds to the fun when Roy's off on one!

Heard 5 Live are interested in replacing Alan Green, fair swap?

Guest oa_exile
It does worry me that as an exile like many

Nobody cares about your opinion :(

Who were the commentators last night ? , one of then was a different one :blink: who had just become a Dad that morning (he mentioned it) B) ......or is it me just going mental again ? :shock:

well if you listen to the other teams commentators you are guaranteed two of the following three things to be said, sometimes all three

1. decent away following from latics

2. the words 'history' 'controversial' or 'past' closely followed by the name lee hughes

3. crossley is 'shaky' or prone to 'flapping'

id say that roy doesnt wear blinkers and im pleased by this fact.