Roy Out

Poor old Roy. I like him.

Perhaps Latics could have a talent contest. The winner gets to sit next to Gord in near Arctic conditions at Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night, whilst fighting off the polar bears with a copy of The Radio Journal.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you listen to the other teams commentators you are guaranteed two of the following three things to be said, sometimes all three

1. decent away following from latics

2. the words 'history' 'controversial' or 'past' closely followed by the name lee hughes

3. crossley is 'shaky' or prone to 'flapping'

id say that roy doesnt wear blinkers and im pleased by this fact.

The Southend commentators went on about Crossleys dodgy keeping the whole game.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

All this rubbish about him being Latics through and through. The moaning old gits in the Main Stand are Latics through and through. Yet they're the same people who Shez has had another massive rant about on LW. The same people chastised on here. Roy's no different...he sits on his mike and whinges about how dross we are, and consistently berates particular players. If he wants to do that from his seat in the stand, then fine. But the guy is representing the club in an official capacity and it's not on.

To those who said maybe I should give it a go. I'm not saying I'd be a good radio pundit (though I like to think I'd be able to give it a decent shot). But like pdw said, why can't we get a guest in to do it. Anyone, injured...suspended...ex player. The injured players go to the game anyway, and to be honest I'd rather have their 'expert' insight than Roy effing Butterworth's...

Any got Chris Hall's agents number?

Crossley was at fault for the first and could have cost us another one when he came out for a one on one which was well in his favour and it spilled off his chest to one of theirs who missed. He never comes off his line for crosses and every time we conceed a corner I can hardly look.

As I've said before - Fleming must be bloody awful in training not to get a look in.

Edited by Guernica

and could have cost us another one when he came out for a one on one which was well in his favour and it spilled off his chest to one of theirs who missed. He never comes off his line for crosses and every time we conceed a corner I can hardly look.

However, he did very well to recover from the initial mistake and make the save, funny how that isnt mentioned.

He shouldn't have made the original error and a better player would have scored.

Yes he did make a mistake .. but like i said it was a good save to recover and make amends. Why not praise that, instead of looking at it negatively!?

Jones let a simple ball slip under his foot and out for a throw-in.. similar kind of mistake dontcha think? As it`s Crossley it`s blown out of all proportion.

Yes he did make a mistake .. but like i said it was a good save to recover and make amends. Why not praise that, instead of looking at it negatively!?

Jones let a simple ball slip under his foot and out for a throw-in.. similar kind of mistake dontcha think? As it`s Crossley it`s blown out of all proportion.

Jones' mistake didn't almost cost a goal. And he didn't watch the ball sail over his head for a free header. And he's not been dropping clangers all season.

Jones' mistake didn't almost cost a goal. And he didn't watch the ball sail over his head for a free header. And he's not been dropping clangers all season.

All players make mistakes all season - missed tackles, inaccurate passes, poor headers, etc etc. Goalkeeping mistakes are easier to have a go about . and Crossley is still much much better than many keepers in this division.

Edited by LaticsPete

All players make mistakes all season - missed tackles, inaccurate passes, poor headers, etc etc. Goalkeeping mistakes are easier to have a go about . and Crossley is still much much better than many keepers in this division.

Better than Fleming? Will we ever find out?

Guest oa_exile
Just listened to the Live Audio...at least the club cut him off just as his Crossley rant started for the first goal...

Nobody is interested , "WE" like Roy :tongue1: Maybe you should run a Poll :rolleyes:

During one away game last year (cant rememeber which one), we conceded and he said, "ill have to see that again to see who I can blame"....why?!

He really does my head in. Moans all the time. On Saturday he proper slagged Crossley off for their goal. When I saw it on TV I really couldn't see how that was Crossleys fault, they player scored from about 8 yards out, the cross wasnt there for the keeper to claim. Then I remembered, Roy just doesnt like Crossley.

He is so negative, and once he doesnt like a player he just moans about them and slags them off during games.

Big Gordon is alright though.

Funny how one person expresses a dissatisfaction with Roy and then half a dozen others suddenly think he's the worst and most negative commentator in the land and should be banished from Latics and indeed this earth for ever.....

I bet if I started a thread today stating that Roger Palmer was gash I'd get half a dozen or so jumping on the bandwagon.

Funny how one person expresses a dissatisfaction with Roy and then half a dozen others suddenly think he's the worst and most negative commentator in the land and should be banished from Latics and indeed this earth for ever.....

I bet if I started a thread today stating that Roger Palmer was gash I'd get half a dozen or so jumping on the bandwagon.

How dare you.....!!!

Now if you'd have said Andy Barlow!!!

But put me in the "Roy out" camp.

Spot on ... It`s not just Roy ive noticed it alot about most things like that, e.g Shez and Crossley debates.

:angry::shock: I bet you wouldn't!! But i see the point you are making :wink: