Will the club be able to resist an offer like this?

I just can't see it after the Porter saga, I don't think they will get caught out in a similar way again. I know it's a different scenario with Taylor as he's under contract but I think that episdoe will make them take the money whenever they can.

Not whenever they can..... when the offer means they can't turn it down. I think they've already shown that this season alone.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats an unfair comparison, hughes is worth £0 in a few months wherea taylor isnt.

£1m straight fee is not enough for me, but i dont matter do i.

Yeah true, but with our current weekly losses TTA will take the money with any decent offer like that. It covers our losses for over a season.

If Taylor had any ambition he would demand to move if Wolves come in for him, putting aside our feelings for the club and wanting him to do well with us, Wolves would be a great club for him, heading for the Premiership and play good football with a manager who trusts young players.

Not that I think theres one bit of truth in this.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

If Taylor had any ambition he would demand to move if Wolves come in for him, putting aside our feelings for the club and wanting him to do well with us, Wolves would be a great club for him, heading for the Premiership and play good football with a manager who trusts young players.

Not that I think theres one bit of truth in this.

It's interesting . If I was Mc Carthy I'd be looking at players who were Premiership ability , as Wolves look good enough to go up. Is Taylor at that level? No. Has he the potential to be? Not sure .

it would be a good move for Chris - if he accepts that he's still got a lot of learning to do and may be very much a fringe player next season.

[/b]

It's interesting . If I was Mc Carthy I'd be looking at players who were Premiership ability , as Wolves look good enough to go up. Is Taylor at that level? No. Has he the potential to be? Not sure .

it would be a good move for Chris - if he accepts that he's still got a lot of learning to do and may be very much a fringe player next season.

It's a good point actually about the fact Wolves are likely to be in the Premier Greed next season. None of our players are good enough to play at that level, so a move for Taylor to the likes of Wolves would just see him as a bench warmer next season. I suppose he has to consider Salary v Appearences, which is most important to him. Assuming this whole Wolves thing is true of course!!

how can it be a good move if he doesnt play the games? thats like saying nugent to pompey was still a good move, a few months after he made it. wolves reserves is not better than oldham first team, especially if the oldham first team is playing at the same level,in six months time, as the current wolves first team is. PLUS learning how to win a promotion from the starting line up can only serve to improve him as a player. if we dont make it this season, then we will have to accept losing him. doing it now doesnt really benefit anyone other than the bank manager.

£1m now.

Worsening economic climate. Clubs teetering on the brink of administration (e.g. Stockport who get bigger crowds than us).

£300k in 6 months time?

IF such a sum is on the table now, I genuinely believe TTA would be playing a dangerous game with the security of the club's finances if they turned it down.

And no, I don't want him to go.

£1m now.

Worsening economic climate. Clubs teetering on the brink of administration (e.g. Stockport who get bigger crowds than us).

£300k in 6 months time?

IF such a sum is on the table now, I genuinely believe TTA would be playing a dangerous game with the security of the club's finances if they turned it down.

And no, I don't want him to go.

Nah, this is football! :wink: Besides, if his value did significantly reduce then so would the cost of his replacement. Also player wages would decrease in line with the decreased money in football. I'm not saying this negates your point, but it also has to be considered. Also consider my exchange rate point above....

Nah, this is football! :wink: Besides, if his value did significantly reduce then so would the cost of his replacement. Also player wages would decrease in line with the decreased money in football. I'm not saying this negates your point, but it also has to be considered. Also consider my exchange rate point above....

All fair points.

Not to forget to factor in financial benefits of winning promotion / impact of losing Taylor againsat achieving that ambition.

Glad I don't own the fecking club!

imo tta will accept a million for taylor as this will cover losses over the season and pay windass and hughes's wage bill (if hughes signs new deal) and allow shez to bring in another winger and a back up keeper and he'd still have change to get roy an half-time pie or two.

if they sell hughes and taylor, they also can kiss goodbye to another couple of hundred fans, and forget winning any current stay aways back.

It will be a blow to lose those two, but the club will go on. I can tell you when we lost Simon Stainrod and graham Bell before him I felt the same then. Oddly am still ****ing here!

Were does O'Toole play apart from Watford lol and is he a better prospect than Taylor? Wolves not willing to pay anywere near 1 million for him...

Wolves call halt to O’Toole chaseWolves have ended their interest in John Joe O’Toole after Watford quoted £1m for the midfielder.

O’Toole has attracted an undisclosed bid from Molineux, but once that was rejected, the club have moved on target other players.

Wolves don’t believe the 20-year-old is worth anywhere near Watford’s valuation, while Molineux sources say reports of a player plus cash bid and a loan enquiry are untrue.

O’Toole started the season with seven goals – including one in an impressive display in Wolves’ 3-2 win at Vicarage Road – in his first 11 games.

But he has only notched one in 15 matches since and is now struggling to command a regular place in Brendan Rogers’ Hornets line-up.

Would think that was a great deal for everyone.

Yes, that would be a fantastic deal because hand on heart....Is Taylor worth £1m+ more than Jones.

I'm not sure Taylor would be such a major success in the championship and certainly not in the premiership where it looks like Wolves are heading.

For a guide to what sort of step up it is to the premiership look at Windass on Monday night, although only a fringe player at Hull he was head and shoulders above everybody on the field including Taylor.

Speed of thought and anticipation, knowing when to pass and when to hold is paramount in the higher divisions and I'm not sure our Chrissie has that in his locker at present.

Yes, that would be a fantastic deal because hand on heart....Is Taylor worth £1m+ more than Jones.

I'm not sure Taylor would be such a major success in the championship and certainly not in the premiership where it looks like Wolves are heading.

For a guide to what sort of step up it is to the premiership look at Windass on Monday night, although only a fringe player at Hull he was head and shoulders above everybody on the field including Taylor.

Speed of thought and anticipation, knowing when to pass and when to hold is paramount in the higher divisions and I'm not sure our Chrissie has that in his locker at present.

Some fair points there.

I see Richie Byrne has found employment with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Everybody after me now ...

... GIVE US AN 'I'

wer`e still up there at the top end of the table, massive chance to FINALLY get out of league two, and play at a very respectable championship level.

to start any selling now, will YET AGAIN press the self destruct button for us and come the end of the season, we will still be treading water in league two.

i want the tta`s to hold their nerve, and truly go for it `THIS SEASON`.

p.s incidentally, if shez hadn`t got rid of superfast paul edwards, who i reckon is every bit as good as d.jones, we wouldn`t need to be fishing around for a left back..... bad move shez.

wer`e still up there at the top end of the table, massive chance to FINALLY get out of league two

Eek I missed a relegation!

to start any selling now, will YET AGAIN press the self destruct button for us and come the end of the season, we will still be treading water in league two.
Beats going bust and not having a football club in the town.

Me too.

p.s incidentally, if shez hadn`t got rid of superfast paul edwards, who i reckon is every bit as good as d.jones, we wouldn`t need to be fishing around for a left back..... bad move shez.

Except Edwards had lost his pace after injury, wasn't that good and even relegated Port Vale fans didn't rate him.

wer`e still up there at the top end of the table, massive chance to FINALLY get out of league two, and play at a very respectable championship level.

He didnt get rid of him, he was offered a new contract but declined as he was offered a 2 year deal at port vale where he was told he would be used in his favoured position of left wing rather than left full back