welcome to britain

boboafc

What gets me about this country:

(1) Tax. I don't mind paying for stuff the state can organise better than individuals. Just seems that they can organise jack sh*t.

(2) Recession. They happen. But given all the tax I've paid (see point 1 above) wouldn't prudent Gordon have been a little bit more sensible to stick a little bit to one side in case of a rainy day.

(3) Immigration. It can be a positive thing in so many ways when it is managed and brings in skills we don't have. But when it isn't controlled it's a bad thing. Somebody convince me that the mass immigration of the last decade was not a deliberate government policy to try an increase the numbers of workers paying the pensions of an aging population.

(4) The government. They are meant to be the elected servants of the people. Not the other way round.

(5) Criminal justice. The 8 year sentence to Shannon Mather's mother means she has another 3 and a half years to serve. I had my car stolen. The police turned up to 'investigate' 2 weeks later.

(6) Rights. Due to having a penis, a job, a white skin and being under the age of 60 I am discriminated against in favour of just about every other sector of society. Why does everybody else have more rights than I do?

(7) Global warming. I was watching a programme on polar bears and grizzly bears last night. It started off by saying the planet was warmer 10,000 years ago. So this has clearly established that the fires of cavemen caused more climate problems than our factories and cars. Can I shove my carbon footprint up somebody's arse please because the whole concept is total and utter bolloc*s. And they expect us to pay more tax to reduce the carbon emissions that power our economies, thus generating less wealth for the people of this country in the future. Utter madness.

(8) Eductation. What is it about the state education system in this country that says just about every teenage should pass their "A" levels if they are capable of turning up for an exam - and that these pass marks justify 3 or 4 additional years of arsing about instead of getting a job straight away? We have an education system that brings everybody down to average, regardless of ability, or leaves them remaining at the bottom of the pile if they had no ability. You don't need to go to uni after getting E grades in "A" levels ffs and the state shouldn't encourage it.

(9) Health & Safety. Ear muffs for music teachers. Says it all.

(10) Politicians. The 9 points above really get my goat. Yet I can't see any politician who has the conviction or ability to sort it. That is, ultimately, the saddest indictment on UK 2009.

sign em up for latics at 3.50 / hour erm oops the :shock: national minimum wage. there is bound to be one decent player amongst em. could be a good investment. :shock:

Now, lets think about this.... Do you think latics would actively encourage the signing of convicted murderers? Hmmmm.... Not goot for the PR is it???

Oh...

:wink:

(1) Tax. I don't mind paying for stuff the state can organise better than individuals. Just seems that they can organise jack sh*t.

(2) Recession. They happen. But given all the tax I've paid (see point 1 above) wouldn't prudent Gordon have been a little bit more sensible to stick a little bit to one side in case of a rainy day.

(3) Immigration. It can be a positive thing in so many ways when it is managed and brings in skills we don't have. But when it isn't controlled it's a bad thing. Somebody convince me that the mass immigration of the last decade was not a deliberate government policy to try an increase the numbers of workers paying the pensions of an aging population.

(4) The government. They are meant to be the elected servants of the people. Not the other way round.

(5) Criminal justice. The 8 year sentence to Shannon Mather's mother means she has another 3 and a half years to serve. I had my car stolen. The police turned up to 'investigate' 2 weeks later.

(6) Rights. Due to having a penis, a job, a white skin and being under the age of 60 I am discriminated against in favour of just about every other sector of society. Why does everybody else have more rights than I do?

(7) Global warming. I was watching a programme on polar bears and grizzly bears last night. It started off by saying the planet was warmer 10,000 years ago. So this has clearly established that the fires of cavemen caused more climate problems than our factories and cars. Can I shove my carbon footprint up somebody's arse please because the whole concept is total and utter bolloc*s. And they expect us to pay more tax to reduce the carbon emissions that power our economies, thus generating less wealth for the people of this country in the future. Utter madness.

(8) Eductation. What is it about the state education system in this country that says just about every teenage should pass their "A" levels if they are capable of turning up for an exam - and that these pass marks justify 3 or 4 additional years of arsing about instead of getting a job straight away? We have an education system that brings everybody down to average, regardless of ability, or leaves them remaining at the bottom of the pile if they had no ability. You don't need to go to uni after getting E grades in "A" levels ffs and the state shouldn't encourage it.

(10) Politicians. The 9 points above really get my goat. Yet I can't see any politician who has the conviction or ability to sort it. That is, ultimately, the saddest indictment on UK 2009.

(11) Miserable people who spend all their time complaining about what is wrong.

owtb is not for posts like this please go away

(11) Miserable people who spend all their time complaining about what is wrong.

(12) People who move abroad because this country's so awful, then come back for free treatment on the NHS as soon as they get ill.

and i'm trying to rise above pointing out the irony of ranting about the state of 'eductation'. :grin:

I have clearly misunderstood the point of "The Andy Gorton Taproom".

So sorry.

I shall never, ever post again.

(at least not with a typo in the word education!)

I probably should have added a winky thing to my post. I personally like the andy gortons tap room especially for the type of post that you made. I can agree with much of the main points but I still think number 11 is much more pertinent to some of the problems with Britain. :grin:

I probably should have added a winky thing to my post. I personally like the andy gortons tap room especially for the type of post that you made. I can agree with much of the main points but I still think number 11 is much more pertinent to some of the problems with Britain. :grin:

I tend not be a (11) usually.

But when you've spent 2 days trying to sort out problems with a local authority (not OMBC) then you would understand the rant!

(and no, I don't read the Daily Mail).

(6) I fit that bill, and have never felt discriminated against. Not sure what exactly it is I'm supposedly unable to do.

I believe it is called positive discrimination. The only problem of which is someone has to be negatively discriminated against. That at the moment is the single, white, young male. That is just when applying for a job.

Look at the freebies dependant upon age, wage systems dependant upon length of service (age), Women only courses at work, Maternity Leave (after birth) being longer than Paternity Leave. These are simple things off the top of my head.

Not saying I disagree with them all, but if you can't spot them you aren't exactly trying hard.

80 foreign murderers welcomed to Britain: Albanian killers allowed to stay despite being on Interpol 'wanted' list killers welcome

I'm out of the country at the moment, and I fully expect London to be more or less boarded up when I return this Friday. But I'll take Britain over Israel or anywhere else, any day of the week.

:first:

I absolutely hate it when politicians say they're going to do more for "hard-working families" as if people who don't have families aren't worth the bother.

A singular person is worth one vote, a married couple is worth 2 and a family 3 or more. If you take into account a single person is actually a member of a family anyway, then it actually includes most people.

Though I do agree that I hate the bloody buzzwords that they use.