anthem?

I know latics tried this 4 or 5 years ago but I don't feel it was done in the right way. What lacks at boundary park more often than not is a bit of athmosphere. We need a song that can be sung by all. A club anthem better than the ridiculous 1 that was brought in last time(you're 2 good 2 b true) go to places like anfield, britannia, bellend road and every1 sings to delillah, never walk alone and marching on. we need an easy song that every1 can join in and sing at beginning of gamss, when we score and at end of games. With the scarf event happening against the leeds scum it would b an ideal chance to launch it.

an idea shine-aswad........easy to sing and make lyrics up2. could b loud aswell http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rnCFSKv49a4

the only 1 i can think of on the top of my head

any other ideas and even lyrics if you're feeling clever

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know latics tried this 4 or 5 years ago but I don't feel it was done in the right way. What lacks at boundary park more often than not is a bit of athmosphere. We need a song that can be sung by all. A club anthem better than the ridiculous 1 that was brought in last time(you're 2 good 2 b true) go to places like anfield, britannia, bellend road and every1 sings to delillah, never walk alone and marching on. we need an easy song that every1 can join in and sing at beginning of gamss, when we score and at end of games. With the scarf event happening against the leeds scum it would b an ideal chance to launch it.

an idea shine-aswad........easy to sing and make lyrics up2. could b loud aswell http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rnCFSKv49a4

I've always liked "The Liquidator" that chelsea use. Not too complex and im sure people can change "CHEL-SEA!" to "OLD-HAM!" :wink:

Personally however it doesn't bother me either way. I don't think it works by creating an anthem off the spot as they are usually ones that have been used by clubs for years.

Edited by ste1987

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

its very very difficult to get anything like started with the type of crowd we have..

you will always have singers and non singers,people who want to give a commentry all game and those that sit in stoney silence...

places like liverpool and west ham have had there songs since virtually the beginning,and the fans know whats expected...and when it happens its a great sight to see and hear..

but to be honest i doubt you will ever get it done at bp..there just isnt enough interst sadly.

its very very difficult to get anything like started with the type of crowd we have..

you will always have singers and non singers,people who want to give a commentry all game and those that sit in stoney silence...

places like liverpool and west ham have had there songs since virtually the beginning,and the fans know whats expected...and when it happens its a great sight to see and hear..

but to be honest i doubt you will ever get it done at bp..there just isnt enough interst sadly.

Wonder of you (Elvis), myself and lags ave tried it, no one joins in but we dont really care, try again for you in the car to scunny

Great idea............. why dont we also get Peter Andre dancing in his gruds on the pitch then all the yorkies can proper take the piss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liquidator would by quite good though....................

Not a bad idea, just a terrible choice of song. :blush:

Sorry but the whole idea is awful. It's so false and is probably a sad reflection of the music enjoyed by todays under 30's (a ball park figure) Our heritage songs are Mouldy old Dough and like it or not, the boys in blue. Our best terrace song, kind of unique to us is OWTB. they didn't name this site after it for nothing! You can't just invent a song, sorry. It's the thin end of the wedge, next we'll be back to Manchester North End ideas. We are what we are. Latics fans. we've got it for life.

As for Aswad - well I've suffered some nonsense down the years but that is almost as bad as Ronnie Moore, Richard Butcher and Administration rolled into one. And don't get me going on Marching on together. Don't be jealous of those numpties having their own song, they're just simple yorkshire pillocks.

Be original and don't try to create something artificial

Sorry but the whole idea is awful. It's so false and is probably a sad reflection of the music enjoyed by todays under 30's (a ball park figure) Our heritage songs are Mouldy old Dough and like it or not, the boys in blue. Our best terrace song, kind of unique to us is OWTB. they didn't name this site after it for nothing! You can't just invent a song, sorry. It's the thin end of the wedge, next we'll be back to Manchester North End ideas. We are what we are. Latics fans. we've got it for life.

As for Aswad - well I've suffered some nonsense down the years but that is almost as bad as Ronnie Moore, Richard Butcher and Administration rolled into one. And don't get me going on Marching on together. Don't be jealous of those numpties having their own song, they're just simple yorkshire pillocks.

Be original and don't try to create something artificial

i agree it was abit of a naff song choice really but cant think of any off the top of my head but even if it doesnt work at home games then away games would certainly be able to carry it given our good away support. The only sticking point I see is getting a suitable song. maybe a poll on ere or something to got the ideas going

Might sound daft but instead of anthem perhaps organizing a group for latics fans that want to sing. regular meet ups to discuss songs and then get club to give seats together so not all over the show. Then like other grounds you have a leader who sets of singing then all the rest follow.

that sort of idea !

I always thought Mouldy Old Dough should be accompanied by singing the tune and a standing march - the Chelsea one a top tune but Birmingham used to use it aswell, M O D is unique

I always thought Mouldy Old Dough should be accompanied by singing the tune and a standing march - the Chelsea one a top tune but Birmingham used to use it aswell, M O D is unique

Might sound daft but instead of anthem perhaps organizing a group for latics fans that want to sing. regular meet ups to discuss songs and then get club to give seats together so not all over the show. Then like other grounds you have a leader who sets of singing then all the rest follow.

that sort of idea !

a workable idea and maybe more accepted at bp than an anthem

that sort of idea !

basically form a group of Ultras

and how the hell does one 'sing' Mouldy Old Dough?

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Yeah I reckon it could be done. You'd need a reasonable number of people to be willing to start it off, but i'm sure it would catch on because everyone knows it.

Der der der der

Der der der der

Der der der der

Der der derrrr

Der der der der

Der der der der der der

Der der der der

Der der der der der der

Der der der

Der der der

Der der der

Der der der

Mouldy Old Dough!

................or summat like that.

We need a song that can be sung by all. A club anthem... go to places like anfield, britannia, bellend road and every1 sings to delillah, never walk alone and marching on. we need an easy song that every1 can join in and sing at beginning of gamss, when we score and at end of games. With the scarf event happening against the leeds scum it would b an ideal chance to launch it.

Yes, Stoke have 'Delilah' and Forest have 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling', both of which are sung straight with no reference to the club or football.. In 1997 in the Isle of Man, we sang 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' - it sounded great and could even be heard down the street in the chippy! :wink:

Although nothing to do with Latics at first glance, some of the lyrics can be interpreted to cover the supporters' love for the Club and the inevitability of the diehards returning again and again.

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I cant help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I cant help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I cant help falling in love with you

Darling so it goes

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSfdL5lPoY

Yes, Stoke have 'Delilah' and Forest have 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling', both of which are sung straight with no reference to the club or football.. In 1997 in the Isle of Man, we sang 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' - it sounded great and could even be heard down the street in the chippy! :wink:

Although nothing to do with Latics at first glance, some of the lyrics can be interpreted to cover the supporters' love for the Club and the inevitability of the diehards returning again and again.

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I cant help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I cant help falling in love with you

Darling so it goes

Darling so it goes

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSfdL5lPoY

Sounds good think this could work good idea.

Sounds good think this could work good idea.

it could work but would have to get enough people willing to sing it in enough of theareas of the ground. would be good to get it going on ere then maybe start it at the scarf event at leeds. see how it goes from there?

any other suggestions?