FFS how many times have we been moved this year? And on only one occasion has a team filled the big section when its been given.

1) You were warned about the move prior to buying your ST.

2) It dosent matter if the teams filled the big end, most times theyve brought more than 1600 so therefore justifying the move.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably wasn't going to go to this game (I'm too busy) and this decision to give Leeds fans the whole of the RRE has just made my mind up. I don't see why people from the RRE are complaining, Yes I know you are having to move and its an inconvienience but so what you were compensated for the inconvienece by £20 at the start of the season no one forced you to take the offer and loads of people who couldn't be bothered to move paid more and are now seeing a return on their money. Those that weren't compensated can be quiet as they aren't season ticket holders so would have had to have moved anyway (or they are being compensated now). The Chavs (and wannabe Chavs) have brought this on themselves, if they had behaved themselves earlier on in the season maybe the police might have said OK you can still go in the small section of the RRE but because you wanted to have a fight with some of your fellow chavs from South London then you are :censored: out of luck for the next big game in terms of trouble(i.e. Leeds). If you want to have a fight that much then find your nearest army recruiting office and join up they'll have you fighting in no time.

We got the corner at Leeds- so what it didn't sell out. I don't like the way the club accepted Leeds charging us more without us charging them more (quite simple I believe clubs should be allowed to charge what the opposition charged for them- so be expensive at you peril- its not like the facilities at Leeds were great) but I was happy to pay what they wanted to charge and I got my money's worth.

The fuss at Stockport was because Stockport didn't want to move their season ticket holders and the police didn't make them. Hopefully this is why Latics are being forced to move some of our fans as it would mean the police have learnt from their mistake. It is a lot better to have to move home supporters than have more away fans than you have room for so people end up in the wrong bit of the ground (and usually the people that do this don't mind causing a bit of trouble).

I would agree with SAV though one of the most annoying things about following Oldham is those people who don't sit in the seat they'd been allocated. If its a game where its likely to be allocated seats then if you want to sit next to someone that badly (in other terms you can't bear to be 5 yards apart for 90 minutes) then get organised enough to buy seats together. If there are a whole bunch of you buy a whole bunch of seats, they don't have to be in the same row. If you turned up to a fairly full restaurant who could only offer you separate tables then you wouldn't move people from the table they were at you'd accept it, so accept it at football. Its only politeness- something I think a lot of Oldham fans lack. Somehow it always seems to be the same sort of person that does this as well. To be honest I don't see why this game isn't made all ticket as if we only have about 6000 seats I can see us selling 5200 minimum and should would mean people aren't trying to sit in someones seat. If you are a singer and end up sat next to someone with young children then sing on, I always used to like it when I sat next to someone singing at away games because I learnt the words to the songs, and some of them were very amusing, if my Dad minded then perhaps he shouldn't have taken me (but then again he was as bad for swearing as most people). There is a family area in the Chaddy for a reason, and I will accept its not appropriate for some songs to be sung there but it isn't full and filling it up might mean some children who ought to know better behave themselves more. If you're a family and don't want to be surrounded by people singing songs which aren't appropraite for your children then sit in the family area but if you don't then I'm sorry but its your fault if you are sat next to someone who effs and jeffs their way through a game.

In all seriousness, if people try and avoid 'reserved' seat then hopefully we wont have any problems.

It's amazing how people simply ignore a reserved sign.

When I had a Chaddy ST I turned up at KO and you can always bank on someone being sat in my seat ... I've always asked them to move, it's my seat. Doesn't matter what time I turned up, it was my seat

I think you will find boys and girls that all this talk about not sitting in a seat with a reserved sticker on will be irrelevant.

The Leeds game has been designated "All Ticket" and as such all tickets will be sold with a specified seat on for all stands. SO IT IS NOT UNRESERVED.

Also for the whinging minies in the RRE (You know who you are) well just look at it form this point of view! You were given a discount on your RRE season ticket for the inconvenience. This equates to nearly £1 per match. When you are in the Chaddy or main stand for the Leeds game will you be tipping up the extra quid so that you have paid the same as the other season ticket holders sat in those stands. Didn't think so :wink:

Having read most of this thread I have to say it looks like the usual suspects moaning and I just can't understand the carping. Back in 2003 we were all saying that after the CM era, that if we were lucky to have a white knight ride into the town and save us during that summer of hell then we should ensure that the club is run on a proper business model and become self sufficient. Well we are being run properly thanks to TTA. That model includes maximising revenue. You were warned that you would be moved on occassion and now you moan moan moan. Tough.

As other posters have already noted a significant number of fans in the RRE are culpable for their behaviour this season already requiring the club to incur additional unneccesary costs due to the behaviour. That additional cost can now be (partly) recouped.

Despite what is said on here, the club have to abide by the "police advice." They can have an imput into the discussions with the Police and Licencing authority, but they have to comply with conditions set out in the Licence. That basically means that the licencing body (which includes the plod) can dictate. Ala Stockport, Leeds etc.

The idea of away fans in the Chaddy is a non starter. Irrespective of the fact that the RRE has less season ticket holders than the Chaddy and more home fans watch from the "spiritual home," the fact is that the Police will not allow it. It has been raised before and ruled out. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, so don't think it would be an option for the playoffs.

Finally, current capacity for the ground is just over 10,800 with the full 4,600 available in the RRE. So there will be room for 6,200 home fans. The most home fans we have had this season (apart from the cheapy against Orient) is 6,100 against Leicester and last Saturday we managed 5,400 so we have not yet hit the 2 stand capacity for a full price game this season.

Cheers,

Harry

At the risk of being criticised for accuracy, I must point out that the more rarely wrong than the Chron OS says current capacity is 10,638 after deducting the Press, Executive, Directors' and Disabled areas.

Also at the risk of being criticised for accuracy, are you suggesting that said Executives (including the Chronicles own corner flag suite) Disabled areas etc are not at the game :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

Yes but say if your seat is situated behind a pillar and you actually want to see the goal? Your not going to sit there like a fool are you? Plus if your a singer or get too passionate at the game and your sit is situated next to a family with young children then It's not fair on them is it.

Sit where you like then. But if you're in MY seat and refuse to move you won't get to see the game at all.

Also at the risk of being criticised for accuracy, are you suggesting that said Executives (including the Chronicles own corner flag suite) Disabled areas etc are not at the game :wink:

Not at all, but we're discussing the number of bums on seats required to fill the parts of the ground not allocated to Leeds and those other groups.

Sit where you like then. But if you're in MY seat and refuse to move you won't get to see the game at all.

Anybody in my seat will see the game ALOT closer to the action :angry:

and i'm a refugee from the rocky

Edited by SAV