• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds Utd have just been allocated the WHOLE of the RRE on police advice......Now that is seriously going to p*** a few people off on here!!!

Agreed although, whilst we have to take police advice etc etc to get the game on, why do we always seem to keel over. I think there are three things that seem a little strange about the decision:

• We had a limited allocation at Stockport to stop trouble. However, it is easier to give Leeds more to stop trouble. Two poplar opposite arguments from the same police force
  • The club did not advise ST holders they would have to move out of the RRE this season and so should have stood their ground - I'm sure we could have put the game on and it sounds like a rouse to get more revenue
  • Leeds will now have nearly half the capacity of the ground and so will essentially be playing in a home atmosphere (not necessarily a bad thing given our recent record at Elland Road)

It's an understandable but frustrating decision as, given the behaviour of some our favourite wannabe FYC members this year, you can understand why the police are worried about this one.

It is?

Thought it was written in stone it was going to happen from Day 1.

Our average home crowd is under 6000 this season and 6000 will be about the home capacity against Leeds, so not much room for floaters and big game followers.

If our average was nearer 7000 it is interesting to Know what they would have done then!!

How many were they given at Stockport and Tranmere...anybody know!

Our average home crowd is under 6000 this season and 6000 will be about the home capacity against Leeds, so not much room for floaters and big game followers.

If our average was nearer 7000 it is interesting to Know what they would have done then!!

How many were they given at Stockport and Tranmere...anybody know!

I think they got 4000 at Stocky but what does it matter -

We can't fill the ground so let others who can do.

It's all money in the coffers and giving them 3000 + or 4500 wont make that much difference to making it feel at home for them !!

Edited by losesome

I think they got 4000 at Stocky but what does it matter -

We can't fill the ground so let others who can do.

It's all money in the coffers and giving them 3000 + or 4500 wont make that much difference to making it fell at home for them !!

Agree.

I hope we remember two things:

(1) They charged us £20,000,000 a ticket each at their place.

(2) Leicester have shown you can charge away fans much more in the same facilities.

Wink, wink, newly formed Category A game?

Stockport gave them the entire Popular side (the bit they should of given us), that was the same capacity of the large section in a ground of the same capacity to ours, I'd rather play this game at Elland Road, or move the game to COMs than to give them half the ground

Edited by Tommy_Fent

It is?

Thought it was written in stone it was going to happen from Day 1.

I never saw that one coming

I think it will only lead to trouble if there are Blue and Tangerine scarves waving in all three stands. Do we never learn?

Also, the smaller section of the RRE could join in so yes, three stands :grin:

I rather thought it might be full of Yorkshiremen.

Weren’t there a couple of minor incidents of fisticuffs last time with them in the home ends? They weren’t going to be given 1500 less places this time.

what must also be remembered is when Wolves played West Brom in the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago they gave West Brom the entire North Bank and it was some of the worst violence seen in years at Moleneux, i.e there are 2 extremes to ticketing situations, one side is the problem we had at Stockport, this is the other extreme

joke :disappointed:

why is it a joke???

the club will make over 100k out of the yorkies,makes sense to let them have it and cash in,after all thats what they do to us isnt it..

you will just have to come to the spiritual home end again....the only downside is the drum..

think now its all ticket there will be plenty watching it on tv now.

why is it a joke???

the club will make over 100k out of the yorkies,makes sense to let them have it and cash in,after all thats what they do to us isnt it..

you will just have to come to the spiritual home end again....the only downside is the drum..

think now its all ticket there will be plenty watching it on tv now.

because it would of been a sell out with oldham in the RRE and they get HALF of the ground

WEAK oldham are weak

because it would of been a sell out with oldham in the RRE and they get HALF of the ground

WEAK oldham are weak

why would it of been a sell out....wasnt a sell out against county was it....

leeds will sell there allocation come what may...we wont.

the clubs losing money hand over fist,you want it to turn its back on extra revenue.

Get your money back and a FREE ticket elsewhere!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/HomeT...1537310,00.html

I have a season ticket so had only done a ticket exchange anyway :wink:

Fairly weak from us.

Still good luck to the police. Enjoy your night dibble. If you weren't going to be busy enough already, you certainly will be now.

WHY have the club gave in on this one with the police!!!

its only police advice, surely the TTA and AH can just turn round and go thanks but no thanks, was really looking forward to this game but once again oldham have gave in to the police :mad:

same here, this was one thing I was dreading we'd do, but like against Blackpool we've given in. I suppose the apathetic public of Oldham have to take some of the blame aswell

same here, this was one thing I was dreading we'd do, but like against Blackpool we've given in. I suppose the apathetic public of Oldham have to take some of the blame aswell

Explain why oldham blame??

if they didnt want trouble why give them 4600 when you could just give them 2700 and charge them £25 because we can, or would they think leeds fans would buy tickets in the oldham end