so your saying the police can call a game off because the police want leeds to have 4600 than 2700... i dont think so... its up to oldham how many they have and they have well bottled it, and alot of other fans think the same :angry:

You underestimate the powers given to the police, local authority and, if needed, magistrates who can ban an event.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll be there :grin:

No I wont. I aint a ST Holder and struggle to get to BP during the week to buy tickets as it is.

I dont understand how the police can say this is a more possible for violence fixture than a Leicester and Hudd's which were the same 'Cat' game - yet they had the stand split without incident.

You underestimate the powers given to the police, local authority and, if needed, magistrates who can ban an event.

think there just going off the name of the club... oh its leeds there must be trouble cant have oldham fans near them!!!

mate of mine is a stockport fan he said no trouble best behaved fans at edley park for a while..

just think AH and TTA could of done alot more

stockport messed us about so did hudds leeds shoved us in the corner leicester prices are a joke... then we just turn round and say YES of course you can have the full end.... if not the game is being called off, nah im having none of that

No I wont. I aint a ST Holder and struggle to get to BP during the week to buy tickets as it is.

I dont understand how the police can say this is a more possible for violence fixture than a Leicester and Hudd's which were the same 'Cat' game - yet they had the stand split without incident.

Simple, Leeds will take more than 2600, however many they are officially given. Same reason as Stockport should have given us more than they did.

understand what your saying but they cant call a game off because we wont give them 4600, they didnt call the stockport game off did they??

No-ones saying the police would call it off due to us not giving Leeds tickets, they may feel that due to the "high risk" of trouble, and with us not co-operating, that they put there officers in "danger", especially if the club havent done everything they can to reduce this, therefore they wont police the game, therefore with police we have no game.

Also Stockport wasnt a Cat C game. I dont agree with the police, but i dont see how the club could do anything else really.

Simple, Leeds will take more than 2600, however many they are officially given. Same reason as Stockport should have given us more than they did.

Simple. We have played Huddersfield year on year and there's always been trouble.

We've played Leeds 3 times and there's been no incidents.

Work that one out.

Simple. We have played Huddersfield year on year and there's always been trouble.

We've played Leeds 3 times and there's been no incidents.

Work that one out.

There would be a lot more trouble vs Hudds if we were in each others stands, wouldn’t there? Same with Leeds. There were a couple of them got smacked for celebrating in our stands last time at BP, if there were hundreds of them it would be chaos.

Absolute joke. Really sick of ticketing issues and will not be renewing my season ticket next season.

Righto. Cos that's gonna help the club innit?

You had a choice you know, nobody held a gun to your head to make you go in the RRE.

No-ones saying the police would call it off due to us not giving Leeds tickets, they may feel that due to the "high risk" of trouble, and with us not co-operating, that they put there officers in "danger", especially if the club havent done everything they can to reduce this, therefore they wont police the game, therefore with police we have no game.

The rarely wrong Chron says Police, fearing crowd trouble and public-order offences, have instructed Athletic to give Leeds United the whole of the Leesfield Developments Stand.....

Alan Hardy admitted the game is proving a logistical nightmare, but added the safety of fans is of paramount importance.

Police costs for a high-security game are a minimum of £14,000 and they would be even higher if more officers have to be drafted in because of trouble.