Davies Signs for Brighton!

And now we want another midfielder in which pushes Maher, Lee and Stephens down the order, 1 player who's not had a sniff and two who the manager couldn't wait to drop to get his mates back in.

OLDHAM have signed midfielder Dale Stephens from League Two neighbours Bury.

...Oldham chief executive Alan Hardy said: "We are looking at Dale as one for the future."

People keep clambering for Dale to play...and I don't understand why. It's been said by the club when he signed that he's one for the future and wasn't going to feature too much at the moment.

Kev's been given a fair shout and has proved his worth. Allott is rightfully chosen as our best ballwinner in the middle, and then Shez makes the choice as to whether he wants another ballwinner in Kev or someone with more attacking threat in Whits. There isn't room for everyone...

Agreeish on Kieran, would like to have seen more of him so far...but that's a minor issue on its own when you take away the unfair accusations levelled at Shez elsewhere in the post.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will hold off judgement on this one until the end of the transfer window, to see what the money is used for (Hughes contract, Little Aussie, etc)

I have never understood why clubs don't disclose fees, it shows a complete lack of respect for the fans. Makes you think it had to be for a reason, either it is low and Oldham don't want to show how low, or it was a lot for a player who has problems and Brighton don't want people to know how much they have risked on him.

Either way, if the club is willing to pay/receive that money, they should have the balls to release the figures and allow fans to make up their own minds.

I'm sorry but Shez has too take his % of the blame here, from banning him for playing for Wales to bringing in a injury prone striker on loan who's best days were long a go just after Davies scores a hattrick in the reserves.

And now we want another midfielder in which pushes Maher, Lee and Stephens down the order, 1 player who's not had a sniff and two who the manager couldn't wait to drop to get his mates back in.

Perhaps. Though I can't really fault Sheridan for that.

Whether right or wrong, he was clearly trying to get Davies' attitude in check. Clearly it didn't work out. Somehow, I don't believe allowing him to play for Wales would have changed an awful lot.

People keep clambering for Dale to play...and I don't understand why. It's been said by the club when he signed that he's one for the future and wasn't going to feature too much at the moment.

Kev's been given a fair shout and has proved his worth. Allott is rightfully chosen as our best ballwinner in the middle, and then Shez makes the choice as to whether he wants another ballwinner in Kev or someone with more attacking threat in Whits. There isn't room for everyone...

Agreeish on Kieran, would like to have seen more of him so far...but that's a minor issue on its own when you take away the unfair accusations levelled at Shez elsewhere in the post.

Maybe people want dale to get called up tp the 1st team because are midfield is doing well in recent games.....Or maybe not

Edited by chris_oafc

hope weve got a sell on clause

I doubt it that would be too sensible for Latics.... im still struggling to see the logic in this....

Striker.... Scores 14 goals in a season as well as being young and showing lots of promise...

Dont play him send him on loan to a local rival.... scores loads of goals, and plays very very well....

Comes back to Oldham dont play him....

Sell sell sell.....

Sorry but this has to be one of the worst decisions iv seen, everytime iv been to latics this season shez has done nothing but berate him from the touch line instead of nurturing him into the quality player that he will turn into!!!

I doubt it that would be too sensible for Latics.... im still struggling to see the logic in this....

Striker.... Scores 14 goals in a season as well as being young and showing lots of promise...

Dont play him send him on loan to a local rival.... scores loads of goals, and plays very very well....

Comes back to Oldham dont play him....

Sell sell sell.....

Sorry but this has to be one of the worst decisions iv seen, everytime iv been to latics this season shez has done nothing but berate him from the touch line instead of nurturing him into the quality player that he will turn into!!!

Trouble 14 was last season.

In 42 games.

That is nt games that is not a lot for a striker

0 or latics

only 6 for Stockport, and 3 were in one game.

In 42 games.

0 or latics

...and the other strange thing was that the reports back from Stockport was for that a bunch of his games he was a lazy :censored: not worth having.

I personally couldn't care less if he has a sell on clause. 20% of a free transfer to Hayes isn't exactly going to boost our coffers. The lad is damaged goods and if we got more than £0 we have robbed Brighton blind.

Good riddance.

...and the other strange thing was that the reports back from Stockport was for that a bunch of his games he was a lazy :censored: not worth having.

I personally couldn't care less if he has a sell on clause. 20% of a free transfer to Hayes isn't exactly going to boost our coffers. The lad is damaged goods and if we got more than £0 we have robbed Brighton blind.

Good riddance.

I'm glad he went to Stockport as the 6 goals he scored for them probably helped us secure the fee.

If he was warming our bench we'd have got next to nowt!!!!

People keep whinging he never got a chance....he started the season with Hughes on the bench FFS. He was crap, got sent off for being mental, and the rest is history.

Couldn't have been worse than todays shower of :censored:e though...

Did you go?

In 42 games.

0 or latics

Look how many goals he score in league football career before we signed him and then decide whether his total was crap or whether he showed a massive improvement.

14 from the season before was what i was refering to it may have been in 42 but we didnt exactly have a decent midfield to provide him with chances did we.. Who cares weather 3 where in 1 game or not goals are goals! he's young, quick and can score goals. Take your blinkers off!! Just because he will no longer wear a latics shirt dosent mean he aint any good....

Edited by Davros

14 from the season before was what i was refering to it may have been in 42 but we didnt exactly have a decent midfield to provide him with chances did we.. Who cares weather 3 where in 1 game or not goals are goals! he's young, quick and can score goals. Take your blinkers off!! Just because he will no longer wear a latics shirt dosent mean he aint any good....

I didn;t say he wasn;t good.

I just stated his record, which is not much to rave about.

I ppinted out the hat trick becasue he has actually only socred in 4 games all this season.

And if we got money, then in the current climate and his record means we have done very well, because h ahs not performedAnd most of the 14 came before Christamas 2007. Only 2 in the second half of the season.

So that is 8 goals in the whole of 2008.

I didn;t say he wasn;t good.

I just stated his record, which is not much to rave about.

1 goal in 3 is typical for a striker at any level. Last season's goalscoring record was good.

I ppinted out the hat trick becasue he has actually only socred in 4 games all this season.

After starting 8 or 9? Plus a few sub appearances.

And if we got money, then in the current climate and his record means we have done very well

Yes.

because h ahs not performedAnd most of the 14 came before Christamas 2007. Only 2 in the second half of the season.

Well he was injured ffs.

So that is 8 goals in the whole of 2008.

In how many starts?

I'm no Davies fan. I think his leaving is best for club, fans and players.

But your statistical assault on him is nonsense.

Edited by opinions4u

For all of the comments whether he's disruptive, crap or if it Sheridans fault for not man managing better after the sending off are all pointless, unless he is making a bloody good signing before Monday. Because (as said before), if people think Hughes and Windass, with Alless, O Grady have got enough goals/flair/pace to take us up then you are very deluded indeed!

Davies has been sold and unless Shez is planning on signing YET anothe duffer before Monday, we are very, very weak for competition and options up front...AGAIN!!!