Killkenny to Donny

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He posts for a response, and got one. I don't see what I did wrong, it's not like the Corp is 18 or 19 and at risk of feeling bullied.

Agreed.

On one occasion I did agree with him and posted as such. However there is a depressing repetitiveness to his posts that take us nowhere ( cue response from CJ).

I should think that 99.9% of the world's 6 billion + population would also not be too bothered about Kilkenny signing/not signing for us. :grin:

Meaning by your maths that 0.01% of the world's population (a staggering 6 million!) are bothered about Kilkenny signing/not signing for us.....

Obvious Troll is obvious.

Anybody who makes the slightest criticism or shows the slightest trace of cynicism is 'a troll' in the eyes of some.

And I'm only repeating what others on here say time after time.

By the way, can I just remind everybody that Doncaster are massive? Too massive for lickle Oldham.

Anybody who makes the slightest criticism or shows the slightest trace of cynicism is 'a troll' in the eyes of some.

By the way, can I just remind everybody that Doncaster are massive? Too massive for lickle Oldham.

Sad but now also true. So I dont really see what your getting at. Maybe if someone rich comes in and bank rolls us or the Oldham public get off their backsides and go and watch the club we will again be able to compete but its unlikely either of those things are going to happen. Think you will have to get used to supporting lickle Oldham as you put it as this club is slowly dying on its arse.

Edited by wozz_oafc

Which I agree is wrong

Which is because they are funded to a level that would be completely unsustainable but for an owner who subsidises them through his private wealth. So for someone who professes to hate both the capitalist system and the amount of money in modern football to want us compete with them in transfers is, well, a bit silly.

The return of Killkenny would definitely bring some genuine creative ability in to our midfield, but I am not sure that it wouldn't be without a drop in 'bite'.

Allot and Whittiker get some stick (at least in the Chaddy) for not getting their foot in, but Neil is a another thing altogether.

Can we cope with NK + ANOther in centre midfield and not be overrun?

Which I agree is wrong

Which is because they are funded to a level that would be completely unsustainable but for an owner who subsidises them through his private wealth. So for someone who professes to hate both the capitalist system and the amount of money in modern football to want us compete with them in transfers is, well, a bit silly.

Where do I 'profess' to hate the capitalist system? And even if I did, like anybody else living under it, would it mean that I don't want to see my football club succeed in whatever circumstances fate has provided for us? There are, for instance doubtless plenty of City fans who think the amount of wealth their owners have is obscene but also know their club would have been foolish to turn down their bid for ownership. No club in the world would have done. You usually have to play by the rules set by others.

In any case, all I was highlighting was how nothing illustrates more the ceaseless decline in the stature of this club than the widespread perception of our inability to compete with the likes of Doncaster, Peterborough and MK Dons.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Meaning by your maths that 0.01% of the world's population (a staggering 6 million!) are bothered about Kilkenny signing/not signing for us.....

Yes, I might be wrong, its probably more like 96.5% as the population of Austrailia is over 21 million (July 2008 estimate) and everyone knows that the sport hungry Australian public is bothered about anything Australian/sports related that happens anywhere, even if the sport is a minority sport in Upsidedownaroo land.

Think you will have to get used to supporting lickle Oldham as you put it as this club is slowly dying on its arse.

I think we're all used to it by now. A big thank you to messrs Stott, Brierley, and the good people at JW Lees. And a special mention has to go to the lads and lasses at Oldham Met Borough Council for their sterling work on the club's behalf.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I think we're all used to it by now. A big thank you to messrs Stott, Brierley, and the good people at JW Lees. And a special mention has to go to the lads and lasses at Oldham Met Borough Council for their sterling work on the club's behalf.

Could be worse, we could be the cobblers. The council are doing thier best to get rid of them despite their chairman wanting to develop the club. They should move to Milton Keynes I tell ya!!! :grin:

Edited by jimsleftfoot

They see you trollin', they hatin'.......

Agreed.

On one occasion I did agree with him and posted as such. However there is a depressing repetitiveness to his posts that take us nowhere ( cue response from CJ).

Corporal Jones has his/her 1/2 posts which were more than worthwhile the first 1/2 times posted. To regular board readers the constant reiterations are not worthwhile, they are just a sign of his continued frustration. Corp, may I suggest you consider a 'signature'?

They are not too massive, they have too much disposable 'income'.

Newsflash: very few or even no posts at all on an internet forum take football clubs anywhere.

If you think the club isn't influenced by this board you are being naive. However, I wish you were right!!