Killkenny to Donny

Erm... not you Matt, as you aren't linked to the Trust - but you will be aware of posts of mine being taken down, not because they broke any rules and regulations, but because they were creating questions which were difficult for some people to answer? It was around the last, "Ask Barry," session. I'm happy to go into detail if needed.

Please do !!!!!

Please also take note of the 1 hour plus conversation I had on this matter with you !! Hearsay etc isnt a bases to confirm facts !

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do tell me Andy what you mean by this ?????

As you ask - I believe that either you or Simon deleted my post asking whether the Trust's decision not to support the Fans team was in any way influenced by either/or me having been a critic of Barry's appalling PR skills and general arrogance or Clare having raised (a few years ago, before you were on the Trust) a matter of personal misconduct closely related to Barry. As we had a very long conversation about this immediately afterwards, I'm surprised you don't recall it.

EDIT - you edit, I edit. No personal confidences will be spilled on these pages. Truth is truth however, I see no reason to draw my comments back beyond the comments which were wrongly censored on this board.

Edited by leeslover

I wasn't replying to your posts CJ. I gave up doing that a long time ago as you just repeat yourself time and again and it's got boring.

I was replying to other posters (who you have, surprise surprise, been drawn into 1 of your usual diatribes,) pointing out to them what I have assessed your beliefs to be over the time that you have been posting on here. At the same time pointing out to them that your critisisms of previous administrations of the club, while not necessarily unfounded, are not backed up with any hard fact/s.

Leeslover has constantly asked you for a course of action that you would propose and yet again you fail to come up with one. He, and most of the rest of us, know that you either won't or can't.

Your correct Chris M**re was not a billionaire. He acted like it at times though. However, he did claim to have a substantial number of millions, figures that were in the press. The point I made was that throwing money at a team does not guarantee success. There are several Championship clubs who will testify to that.

Anyway, don't bother replying to this post, looking to get me to bite back again, because I won't.

I bet you reply to this though, because you just can't resist.

Cheers,

Harry

However, I will reply to other posters. Possiblt. :wink:

It's a matter of indifference to me whether you reply to my posts or not. You hardly say something new every time you post either, for that matter (not that this is possible for anybody.) I like the way you feel free to refer to me in your posts despite being indifferent to what I say, and then expect me not to answer you.

I haven't failed to come up with anything, as I haven't claimed to have a course of action. Do you think I've got the time and energy to waste on devising strategies for the club that would inevitably be of no interest to those with the ability to implement them? You might have noticed that they've already drawn up their plans (which are generally sound enough.) In the eyes of some this, oddly, seems to mean that you can't express an opinion on a board set up precisely for airing opinions.

I haven't advocated 'throwing money' at the club, by the way. (Apart from the occasional coin throwing incident, I've never seen anybody doing this throwing of money; perhaps it's the danger of it blowing away before reaching its target.)

Any criticisms of past club regimes can't be backed by hard facts because, as you say, we don't know what went on behind the scenes. However, as I've already said, history will be their judge, and all we need to know is that we went from the Premier League to the third tier in three years, nearly went bust twice over, and look unlikely to ever recover from this sharp decline.

As you ask - I believe that either you or Simon deleted my post asking whether the Trust's decision not to support the Fans team was in any way influenced by either/or me having been a critic of Barry's appalling PR skills and general arrogance or Clare having raised (a few years ago, before you were on the Trust) a matter of personal misconduct closely related to Barry. As we had a very long conversation about this immediately afterwards, I'm surprised you don't recall it.

Seeing as I opened this big can of worms I was going to send a nosey PM. So thanks to the mod who saved me the trouble..... :lol:

Before the PL days we'd had twenty years of comfortably staying in the second tier

When we look at the standards of the 2nd tier now, given the amount of money pumped into the top flight, doesn't it mean that today's 2nd tier is about akin in standard to the top flight about 20 years ago? So us spending 20 years there back then is not much different to spending the same amount of time at this level, no? This isn't me being defeatist and 'resigning' myself to staying here forever, it's just being realistic to what is required to spend time in the 2nd tier now.

To be fair, I'd probably agree that if Blackpool, Barnsley and Burnley can do it now, then we can. But it would take time and I trust the foundations of a stable club is being laid right now. In ten years there is nothing to suggest that we can't be a stable Championship club, I guess we really do need to be a little more patient for it.

When we look at the standards of the 2nd tier now, given the amount of money pumped into the top flight, doesn't it mean that today's 2nd tier is about akin in standard to the top flight about 20 years ago? So us spending 20 years there back then is not much different to spending the same amount of time at this level, no? This isn't me being defeatist and 'resigning' myself to staying here forever, it's just being realistic to what is required to spend time in the 2nd tier now.

To be fair, I'd probably agree that if Blackpool, Barnsley and Burnley can do it now, then we can. But it would take time and I trust the foundations of a stable club is being laid right now. In ten years there is nothing to suggest that we can't be a stable Championship club, I guess we really do need to be a little more patient for it.

100% agree. The Championship is the top English division.....the Premier League might as well be a global league hosted in England. ££££££££££

Your 2 paragraphs are quite correct in their own right, but as you realise actually contradict each other.

Cheers,

Harry.

P.S. Note to self don't quote CJ in replying to others :tongue1:

I doubt if the standard of football in the second tier can be comapred to the top flight of twenty years ago, but I accept what you're saying about finance.

I do think there is a tendency to stick our heads in the sand regarding the future of the club, however. On the one hand you hear people saying that they fear that TTA will get fed up with funding the club, and on the other they assume that stable foundations are being laid. While there is nothing wrong in theory with the TTA strategy, the fact that it is based around the stadium, and more specifically housing development, is deeply worrying given that even economists and politicians who spent entire careers as apologists for the economic system that is now crumbling before our eyes seem to agree that there is no going back to the economy we had before the banking crisis. Housing and property development was, as we know, central to that economy. Where, therefore, are the guarantees that the stadium plan will ever get off the ground? Without it, where will the club gain the ability to become self-financing? How long will TTA be prepared to continue at the helm of a club which, if it fails to advance, will continue to attract only poor crowds and haemorrage cash? Especially in a situation where a lengthy and damaging economic crisis sees football crowds in general dwindle.

Sometimes I think that the only chance of a revival lies in the implosion of football's finances and the root and branch reform of the game. Bring it on, as they say on the Tory front bench these days.

I doubt if the standard of football in the second tier can be comapred to the top flight of twenty years ago, but I accept what you're saying about finance.

I do think there is a tendency to stick our heads in the sand regarding the future of the club, however. On the one hand you hear people saying that they fear that TTA will get fed up with funding the club, and on the other they assume that stable foundations are being laid. While there is nothing wrong in theory with the TTA strategy, the fact that it is based around the stadium, and more specifically housing development, is deeply worrying given that even economists and politicians who spent entire careers as apologists for the economic system that is now crumbling before our eyes seem to agree that there is no going back to the economy we had before the banking crisis. Housing and property development was, as we know, central to that economy. Where, therefore, are the guarantees that the stadium plan will ever get off the ground? Without it, where will the club gain the ability to become self-financing? How long will TTA be prepared to continue at the helm of a club which, if it fails to advance, will continue to attract only poor crowds and haemorrage cash? Especially in a situation where a lengthy and damaging economic crisis sees football crowds in general dwindle.

Sometimes I think that the only chance of a revival lies in the implosion of football's finances and the root and branch reform of the game. Bring it on, as they say on the Tory front bench these days.

But property will recover as people will always need buildings. That is why the economy was largely based on property in the first place.

Although this is simplistic (maybe even naive to some 'expert' economists) it is surely fundamental.

But property will recover as people will always need buildings. That is why the economy was largely based on property in the first place.

Although this is simplistic (maybe even naive to some 'expert' economists) it is surely fundamental.

Got to go out now, but if you have the time, do some reading around the interweb on the subject.

And worry.

A little condescending Matt - I know you know the detail. I'm just still pissed off that Trust directors used their OWTB mod/admin powers to censor questions I wanted to raise to Barry Owen because Barry would have been extremely embarrassed at the explanation he would have had to give to TTA. And it doesn't make it any easier to swallow that I was only trying to get the truth out of motivations for a vote the Trust had taken just before the incident in question.

:lol: I remember now, and you were told exactly what was going on - I warned a lot of people (mods included) to stop taking swipes at one another that day, may I suggest that it continues Andy...

EDIT: sorry Rick, didn't know there was a BOT warning posted....

Your 2 paragraphs are quite correct in their own right, but as you realise actually contradict each other.

Yeah, they did a little. But I guess what it meant to mean is that there's nothing to say we can't punch above our weight again. Something that we did for 20 years err, 20 years ago.

Err this thread has well and truly gone way off kilter now. Kilkenny to sign at BP next week then?