A good transfer window?

I said at the start of January that I would be happy if Hughes and Taylor were still here tonight. It appears that they are so I guess we have had a good transfer window.

I know the football is crap at the moment but at least we know that TTA are backing our chances. It would have been easy for them to push at least one of them out to get some cash in but they didn't.

Onwards and upwards. KTF!

Didnt the TTA agree a fee with Donny for Hughes ? Looks like the only reason he is still here is personal and not the club playing tough on a tranfer fee.

I presumed from that Donny offerred the £400k and therefore the fee had to be agreed. Lee didn't want to go, therefore no more.

I presumed from that Donny offerred the £400k and therefore the fee had to be agreed. Lee didn't want to go, therefore no more.

Im sure the clause in Hughesy's contract was £400000 but the club had agreed a lower figure with Donny because they did not want another Porter situation again.

The arrival of Jones is welcome but it does not really address the problem in the middle of the pitch. Shez doesnt seem to rate Maher or Lee so I am puzzled on where we go from here to stop cure an obvious problem.

we could still loan someone next week....killer.

over the last few years we have loaned someone after the window

The team may have been unsettled by all the transfer talk, especially Taylor who has got an old friend back.

Would have liked a creative midfielder but then again so would Man City.

Could have been a hell of lot worse, personally I think its been good. Might be a chance to get someone in short term on loan if we need to.

it was a very bad transfer window the only saving grace was that we kept Taylor !

Imo us not signing a creative midfielder will cost us a chance of promotion !

thats your opinion, but you posted it earlier, ive responded to it now

no need to post it again :wink:

Im sure the clause in Hughesy's contract was £400000 but the club had agreed a lower figure with Donny because they did not want another Porter situation again.

ballsed it up,

Edited by SAV

So we've brought in Windass (loan), Golbourne (loan) & Jones (loan) and got rid of Thompson, Kalala, Byfield, O'Grady, O'Grady again, Williams & Davies.

Arguably a better squad but the midfield hasn't been stengthened, it's been too powderpuff of late and unless Lee, Stephens or Eardley can step-up I think it'll cost us.

3 months to go!

DJ coming back is a good move but was expected if he regained fitness by the end of the window.

Davies going, if we got the £100k quoted in the Chron, is a great move, doubling our money.

My only concern is that if Hughes gets injured / when he is suspended our forward line is not Lewi and Windass with Wolfy on the bench. Whilst Lewi and Windass are both good players they like to play deep which is hardly going to push defences!!!

Gained Windass and Jones, lost COG and CD. With the greatest respect, anyone who looks at this situation, and reflects on the fact that we are a lickle club with a poor crowd yet haven't sold our prize assets, and thinks we haven't done well, is on the brown acid.

The team may have been unsettled by all the transfer talk, especially Taylor who has got an old friend back.

Would have liked a creative midfielder but then again so would Man City.

Could have been a hell of lot worse, personally I think its been good. Might be a chance to get someone in short term on loan if we need to.

But we have to make do with Kevin Maher, whilst City can call on the services of £8 Million rated Michael Johnson.

Gained Windass and Jones, lost COG and CD. With the greatest respect, anyone who looks at this situation, and reflects on the fact that we are a lickle club with a poor crowd yet haven't sold our prize assets, and thinks we haven't done well, is on the brown acid.

i think we have done well, sold davies who only scored once every 4 games. 14 in 55. and we have kept taylor and hughes. also we have lightened the wage bill, by loaning out ogrady.

As you all know I am not an advocate of Kilkenny and again you all know it's nothing to do with his ability, but have you considered that Leeds wouldn't let him come here?. So given Leeds unwillingness for a return of a return of a return of the prodigal son and his now excessive wages that no help would be forth coming finance wise....it's a massive No.

Edited by Lags

its a terrbile transfer window that has cost us promotion and bust us up for next season, no creative midfielder means we have all our creativity through the ghost aka whit and mr sideways whom i dont need to name obviously. Hughes is off for free in summer, meaning another outburst by the TTA, meaning a miserable 09/10 campaign in league 1. We will see, as we can sign players on loan next week, but if nothing is done with regards to the lightweight midfield theres something wrong with sheridan if he thinks we can go up

But we have to make do with Kevin Maher, whilst City can call on the services of £8 Million rated Michael Johnson.

how the hell can you compare maher and johnson....

we dont have to do with maher,we could try giving him a run in the side equal to the same amount of time whitts has had,then just maybe we would see a difference,whenever maher plays he holds while allott pushes forward,and i would reckon allott can play a decent pass to the front two more accurately than whitts can..

however we havent lost anybody major,still got the crown jewels so to speak,so things can settle down and move forward.

if hughes doesnt sign,but continues to score the goals,great,havent got a problem with it,he will have honoured his contract,yes we wont get a fee,but we didnt pay one in the first place,so it equals out.

Was anyone expecting us to be seriously active this january bearing in mind the amount of signings made last summer and the absence of any kind of cup run to subsidise meant that keeping hold of our main match winners was about as much as we could hope for plus a very good loan signing.

The shortfalls in midfield are their for all to see but we just wouldn't have been able to bring in the type of quality that would significantly improve that department with the budget available. As Lags points out would Leeds be prepared to let Kilkenny go and help the team they are immediately trying to catch.