Next Season

Nathan here I currently have 3 season tickets in the RRE Stand which cost me over £750.00 I have already had to move the seat because the club didn’t think at the start of the season to cordon of seats between the moat (i.e. big and small section) of the stand. I don’t mind having to swap tickets for big matches, but when you have to swap them twice well that’s enough I think. So next season if the club don’t so anything about it, i.e. like Blackpool put a temporary uncovered stand with 2 small burger vans and small toilets in stick the away fans in there and let them get wet and cold, rather than giving them the best stand in the ground……………………. :mad: i will not be renewing the tickets if the club don't do anything............... :angry:

Nathan here I currently have 3 season tickets in the RRE Stand which cost me over £750.00 I have already had to move the seat because the club didn’t think at the start of the season to cordon of seats between the moat (i.e. big and small section) of the stand. I don’t mind having to swap tickets for big matches, but when you have to swap them twice well that’s enough I think. So next season if the club don’t so anything about it, i.e. like Blackpool put a temporary uncovered stand with 2 small burger vans and small toilets in stick the away fans in there and let them get wet and cold, rather than giving them the best stand in the ground……………………. :mad: i will not be renewing the tickets if the club don't do anything............... :angry:

Understand your frustrated but dont you just fancy moving to the Chaddy end ?

To be fair to the club they made it abundantly clear to everyone that season ticket holders in the RRE would have to move to the small section for games with large away followings. And season tickets were £20 cheaper in the RRE in part to reflect that.

Having said that, it'd prevent alot of grief if the club was able to make a decision that avoids people having to move about next season.

I think what that decision is depends entirely on which division we're in. Although given our average crowd we could just permanently give the away fans the large section. Yes it's one of the best parts of the ground, but I suppose that helps make up for having to walk from Mumps... (I've always thought Oldham must be a pretty rubbish trip for an away fan...)

i can't see the club selling the land behind the ground in the next 2 years with finical market at the moment, so i can't see the new stand being built this side of 2012.......you could even put tyhe paddack seat back in the lookers for the away fans..................

where could this temp stand be ?

carnt be where the lookers was because its a building site,

I think the Garcon's option of just the small section of the RRE is the best one to stop shifting season ticket holders about. We won't sell out or anything. The large RRE should be enough for any away team (bar maybe Leeds).

As for the temporary stand. Not worth it at all at the moment. If we go up, then I would think it would be up in no time. However, until then...

I am also VERY disillutioned at the way we loyal fans get treated. In fact, I am seriously considering a boycot of the Leeds game. If I stay at home and watch on Sky, at least

1, I can sit in my normal seat

2, I won't be told that I have to watch it from a different room

3, The beer will be in date

4, I can have a cigarette if I so wish (not that I smoke in the house)

5, There will be no foul language in front of my son

6, It will be warm in my house

7, I have already paid for Sky

8, Car parking is free

9, I won't get muddy shoes going to my car

10, I will not run out of hot food at half time

Yes, we got a "discount" of £20 to pay us off for having to move to accomodate away fans, but I'd rather have paid the extra £20 and told them (like we are told when travelling) that there are only so many seats and once they are sold out, they are sold out - tough luck.

But NO - "we can do anything to our Loyal Hardcore and they'll always come back for more punishment" seems to be the Latics attitude sometimes.

Edited by Rick

I am also VERY disillutioned at the way we loyal fans get treated. In fact, I am seriously considering a boycot of the Leeds game. If I stay at home and watch on Sky, at least

8, Car parking is free

When you put it like that, why stop at the Leeds game then... :wink:

It's because its Latics, isn't it!

If I stay at home and watch on Sky, at least

8, Car parking is free

That's what many Oldhamers have done over the years. :disappointed:

i get your point rick, but if you do that wouldnt you be just like all the manure fans ?

even though latics are on tv there is nout better than being there at the game, yeah maybe you dont run out of food and all that but then again the lads on the pitch need all the support they can get. the more the merrier :D

:OWTB1:

Edited by LaticsLee

8, Car parking is free

Yes, we got a "discount" of £20 to pay us off for having to move to accomodate away fans, but I'd rather have paid the extra £20 and told them (like we are told when travelling) that there are only so many seats and once they are sold out, they are sold out - tough luck.

But NO - "we can do anything to our Loyal Hardcore and they'll always come back for more punishment" seems to be the Latics attitude sometimes.

Shoulda come in't Chaddy RW. That way you'd have gotten rid of Wilson as well (I know the fact he's hardly turned up this year has negated the need somewhat, but this is beside the point).

Anyway, you're only grumpy because your Craig has gone. Your lovley beloved Craig! :cry::wink:

8, Car parking is free

:hooked:

I'd prefer TTA continue to make decisions in the club's best interests, which by my reckoning, is also in the fan's best interests.

If you do attend the game good luck with the hardships. :lol:

When you put it like that, why stop at the Leeds game then... :wink:

It's because its Latics, isn't it!

Yes indeed. I will still be coming and suffering, but I think that the Leeds match is a step too far and unfortunately time I voted with my feet.

:disappointed:

Just a thought on the question of food and drink running out or long queues leading to frustration. Surely it must be the same in the home sections of every ground. There must be only a certain number of people who can be served in the 15 minutes of half-time, even with adequate supplies and optimum number of serving points/speedy servers. Aren't some people always going to be disappointed, especially when alcohol has to be drunk before you return to your seat (unless it's a rugby match)? :unsure:

Shoulda come in't Chaddy RW. That way you'd have gotten rid of Wilson as well (I know the fact he's hardly turned up this year has negated the need somewhat, but this is beside the point).

Anyway, you're only grumpy because your Craig has gone. Your lovley beloved Craig! :cry::wink:

Well, I do think it is a great shame that our manager didn't seem to have the necessary skills and experience to bring out the best in a clearly talented footballer.

But you are probably right - to get told on Friday that your company is laying off 20,000 employees then on Saturday get told that we'd sold (my :wink: ) Craig to Brighton AND that we were getting kicked out of our stand for the Leeds match (even though they killed The Ford Stand) was probably what put me into a :censored: foul mood.

:hooked:

I'd prefer TTA continue to make decisions in the club's best interests, which by my reckoning, is also in the fan's best interests.

I don't see how making decisions whereby someone who has supported the club home and away (to a greater or lesser extent) for 36 years feels like they've been taken for granted for too long and therefore not want to attend an important Home match as being in anyone's best intetrest.

:lol:

dear club

please can you build a temp stand, with no roof. even though we have two other stands, with roofs.

yours

nobby

dear nobby

no

yours

the club

:lol:

i dont see why the away fans cant go in the chaddy. surely this season has made everyone realise the legend of the chaddy is dead, and the rocky is the way forward.

i sit in the main stand, and i have never been part of the home atmosphere, just an onlooker, but this enables me to give a fair judgement on it all, and bp has had a much, much better atmosphere this year than in recent past seasons.

there would be no need for so many stewards as every away team could have the whole stand, no matter how many they bring, meaning the rocky could become a 100% home end.

make the small bit of the rocky a family area and robert is your mothers brother!!!

8, Car parking is free

good pointers i think the same also

Yet another the club are wrong for moving me so much in the RRE post. Yes I know its an inconvienience but you chose to pay less at the start of the season for the inconvienience. The club had to put in extra segregation because of the fans they didn't want to, if you had behaved yourselves then it wouldn't have done so- the moat is more than what they have in a lot of places. The food runs out all over the ground before half time- may I suggest that this is because we have :censored: caterers who shouldn't get a new contract- not because its the Rocky.

As to the Chaddy v. RRE debate and which end should be the home end I don't have to much of an opinion on (I'm a Lookers person and will go straight back there when the stand is built). I've never sat in the RRE for a match so don't know what the facilities are like, including toilets, leg room, bar, catering and I don't know how much the weather can affect my enjoyment of a game. The Chaddy is the spiritual home end for Oldham but that dates back to the times when the other end was poorer in terms of facilities. I would argue this is no longer the case because the club took the easy option of not redeveloping the Chaddy when it had to (i.e when it went all seater). Most teams put away fans in a worse end than home fans but i don't think we do that. The atmosphere in the Chaddy hasn't been all that great this year- and I'm not sure why. I can see the positives for making the Chaddy the away end and I can see the negatives too. Frankly whilst the ground only has 3 stands I don't think it should matter as I think a lot of people will go back to the Broadway stand when it is built changing the dynamics again.

I agree. The Lookers shouldn't have been demolished. It was obvious when the bulldozers moved in that the project was not going to happen in the foreseeable future. As a season ticket holder in the RRE its like being a second class citizen. I know we got £20 off, but in retrospect it wasn't worth it. Enjoy going to away games much more this season, walking across the carpark each game my heart sinks it looks like a second rate non league ground. When and if the new stand is built will the evacuees get the first choice of seats as promised and does anyone know if the club have records of who the evacuees are.

Will also have to re-think next the Season Ticket situation for next season.