Club To Make League History!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

set up a football coaching scheme at HMP manchester? B)

bring back together all remaining alive members of lieutenant pigeon for a gig? :clint:

all appear in a scene in the rovers on corrie? :drinking45:

wear a pancake covered shirt to celebrate shrove tues at yeovil? :sick01:

all take turns for approx 8 mins each on saturday in goal? :ohno:

sign paul scholes on loan for rest of season? :laught16:

and as a "Striker in the same match

Oldham Athletic are the first professional league club to trial a "flying keeper" approach in their game against Northampton on Saturday. Should this prove to be a success, expect to see them be the first to trial "next goal wins" and "headers or volleys only" schemes in the near future.

I remember a very similar secret squirrel announcement in about 1989 when we all summoned to a 'be there or you'll regret it forever' public meeting at the civic centre to witness the launch of ...... a new lottery. Mind you I didn't sneer when my girlfriend won £500 18 months later.

Don't think i will be up at the crack of dawn in excitement for this one either.

I remember that Starline - what a joke after all the publicity they gave it: "Future of the club" etc...

I'm glad they're treading new ground as some on here think we are "treading water" at the moment and we'll continue to do for years...

Latics will tread new ground amongst Football League clubs tomorrow when they make an exciting announcement.

'Tread new ground', is that a cryptic clue - a move from BP ?

Yes, yes!

Tread new ground can be re-arranged to read Add Urgent Owner!

Oldham Athletic are the first professional league club to trial a "flying keeper" approach in their game against Northampton on Saturday. Should this prove to be a success, expect to see them be the first to trial "next goal wins" and "headers or volleys only" schemes in the near future.

I seem to remember discussing this on the way back to London on saurday with the Oasis* lads.... and thinkin it was a great idea... though i could be wrong, my memory isnt the best post-about 4.30pm saturday...

I am convinced this announcement will be a massive anticlimax... we will see.... I'm also intrigued to see how many national journalists turn up when Latics call a press conference... :lol:

*before anyone says, no, not the musical chaps. I wasnt that drunk

The countries fist ever loan that lasts for exactly 90 minutes. Casper Schmiechel is going to sign the contract when the teams run out on the pitch... and rip it up on the final whistle... he will be on his City Contract... pro-rata for the exact duration of one game.

..or...

They are going to run some sort of reality style show auditions for a starting goalkeeper spot on saturday... "Nets-Factor" or "Stopper-Idol" ..... Live auditions on thursday at the spindles. All contestents just have to turn up with gloves, an inflatable flashing goal will be set up, and killer penalties are taken by Shez and Tommy right. If you save you stay in.... last one left plays on saturday.

Both these ideas are patented by myself and I will require a fee if used. If TTA are reading and get ideas....

Maybe some thing to do with next seasons shirts ??

First club to have a charity as sponsor but still charge them for the privelege?

Or maybe that the amount of material needed to manufacture our shirts next season will sustain the sweatshop industry for 10 years hence?

I proposed this idea on BBC 606 board with regards to attracting more fans. Maybe they read it!!!???!!!

*This has been copy and pasted directly from the 606 page*

I have one idea that could do well long term for the club:

When you buy a season ticket you get 5 vouchers to bring somebody for free to any of the 10 lowest profile matches. This would be known as a first year season ticket.

The following season you get an option to renew your season ticket, this would be known as a second year season ticket. If you do you get 10% off. If one of the people you brought to the game from you 5 vouchers, buys a first year season ticket you get an additional 10% off. So in theory you could earn upto 60% of your season ticket, but the club won't lose out because they will have 5 people paying full price.

After that you go back to season 1 and have to pay full price although you could claim 10% off if anyone of the people you got to buy a 1st year season ticket stays on for their 2nd year.

I think it sounds like a good idea. What do others think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is the big announcement, then I want at least a chance of hitting the crossbar at half time AND a Bovril. :lol:

Edited by millsy82