Club To Make League History!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I proposed this idea on BBC 606 board with regards to attracting more fans. Maybe they read it!!!???!!!

I think it sounds like a good idea. What do others think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is the big announcement, then I want at least a chance of hitting the crossbar at half time AND a Bovril. :lol:

Sounds good to me. I think you should send an email to the Club drawing its attention to the idea before next season's ST prices are announced.

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Sounds good to me. I think you should send an email to the Club drawing its attention to the idea before next season's ST prices are announced.

alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

i have a hunch we may be playing in a pink kit in a forthcoming game, similiar to what oldham rugby did not so long ago.

think it was to publicise a breast cancer charity...maybe for the televised leeds game i am guessing?

would be a great gesture and one that would bring much needed exposure......

.....queue the gags!!!!!!!!

I proposed this idea on BBC 606 board with regards to attracting more fans. Maybe they read it!!!???!!!

*This has been copy and pasted directly from the 606 page*

I have one idea that could do well long term for the club:

When you buy a season ticket you get 5 vouchers to bring somebody for free to any of the 10 lowest profile matches. This would be known as a first year season ticket.

The following season you get an option to renew your season ticket, this would be known as a second year season ticket. If you do you get 10% off. If one of the people you brought to the game from you 5 vouchers, buys a first year season ticket you get an additional 10% off. So in theory you could earn upto 60% of your season ticket, but the club won't lose out because they will have 5 people paying full price.

After that you go back to season 1 and have to pay full price although you could claim 10% off if anyone of the people you got to buy a 1st year season ticket stays on for their 2nd year.

I think it sounds like a good idea. What do others think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is the big announcement, then I want at least a chance of hitting the crossbar at half time AND a Bovril. :lol:

Not a bad idea really but a few problems:

Say if we state 10 poor games and then we end up having an amazing season and everyone on Oldham wants to turn up (unlikely though).

If every season ticket holder brings 5 friends to every game then the people who pay on the day wouldn't get in plus the ground only holds 10,500 at the mo.

If we get promoted then season tickets will be in demand and there will be hardly any poor games.

Probably better for the club if they did 5/10/15 game season ticket deals but i doubt they'll say owt until we know what division we'll be in.

i have a hunch we may be playing in a pink kit in a forthcoming game, similiar to what oldham rugby did not so long ago.

think it was to publicise a breast cancer charity...maybe for the televised leeds game i am guessing?

Dont think we can do this can we? I remember Hardy saying colours have to be registered at the start of the season and we cant change em.

The two up front would look a right pair of tits, but I'm all for keeping abreast of the times.

Something which has been done several times in 'lower profile' sports too... excellent idea if that's what's being done!

Dont think we can do this can we? I remember Hardy saying colours have to be registered at the start of the season and we cant change em.

Didn't Spurs play in a home kit which was half blue and half white for an anniversary game last year. I don't think that got registered at the start of the season, and I don't think the rules have changed since Man U introduced their third kit (yellow and green one) halfway through a season once in the 90s. Plus, haven't us (and probably some other teams as well) played in third kits which have only been needed due to a cup game so I would wager the kit wasn't registered at the start of the season then.

I like the pink kit idea but then again I had the idea as our 'permanent' away kit a few months back.

i presume colours do have to be registered but would imagine the league will have given special permission... its only a guess at the mo, but seems possible after something i heard earlier today.

would be a brilliant thing to do, especially with the recent death of ernie , and his unsuccessful battle with cancer.

That's what I thought too when I saw the 'tread new ground' thing and saw the picture. The next generation of plastic paradise :wink:

If it's the "field turf" plastic used over here then the players better watch out - I twisted my knee and tore my miniscus on a pitch made of that . 2 doctors told me it was my ACL... I guess they were trying to cash in on the great US Health Insurance scam...

Didn't Spurs play in a home kit which was half blue and half white for an anniversary game last year. I don't think that got registered at the start of the season, and I don't think the rules have changed since Man U introduced their third kit (yellow and green one) halfway through a season once in the 90s. Plus, haven't us (and probably some other teams as well) played in third kits which have only been needed due to a cup game so I would wager the kit wasn't registered at the start of the season then.

I like the pink kit idea but then again I had the idea as our 'permanent' away kit a few months back.

I was thinking where i heard it and its here!!

Alan Hardy Kit etc

I hope we can change it because it would be a great thing to do and look fantastic on TV.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Not a bad idea really but a few problems:

Say if we state 10 poor games and then we end up having an amazing season and everyone on Oldham wants to turn up (unlikely though).

If every season ticket holder brings 5 friends to every game then the people who pay on the day wouldn't get in plus the ground only holds 10,500 at the mo.

If we get promoted then season tickets will be in demand and there will be hardly any poor games.

Probably better for the club if they did 5/10/15 game season ticket deals but i doubt they'll say owt until we know what division we'll be in.

I ain't saying its a perfect idea and plus I had the idea a few months ago now. Maybe they have tweaked it a little. Either way I'd want my free shot at the crossbar at the very least!

If you limit the amount of people you can bring to one game at a time to one then you'd be fine, even IF everyone turns up on the same day then you'd still have pay on the day spaces left, considering our season ticket sales are (and I'm guessing here) between 3000-4000 that would make a max of 6000-8000 leaving 2500 pay on the day spaces, minus a couple of hundred for away support.

If we get promoted and season tickets are in demand then fair enough. There is no need for any kind of promotion.

At the end of the day though our attendance are falling and its already been pointed out the TTA can't keep this level of finacial backing up forever so we need to generate bigger crowds on matchdays. Our average gate for the past few years has looked like this:

03/04 – 6566

04/05 – 6462

05/06 – 5796

06/07 – 6334

07/08 – 5325

08/09 – 5806 (so far and we've played Huddersfield, Leicester and Stockport @ home with Leeds the only other well travelled team left to come)

We need to be averaging over 6000 a game if we want any chance of keeping hold of our top players and getting out of this division.

I'm probably completley wrong and this idea is way of topic, but you never know?